Ricoh Arena and Development Land Value ? (1 Viewer)

lewys33

No one probably, but as you see things in black and white I reckon Tesco will be annoyed that not one single person will get off the train and go into their store. As all people do is a "big shop". I presume then that none of the other retail outlets will benefit. CCFC aren't there so they won't benefit, so why the hell do we (sorry Lewys, you) need a station for. Waste of money.

Not really. Unless everyone in Coventry also lives five minutes away from Arena Park.

??? I stated I don't need the station because I live 5 minutes away. So you did make a silly comment.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Why is this under CCFC threads anyway?

Should we create a CCC/ACL sub forum? Then the likes of John, Jack Italia and the like can spend their days on their jerking off about ACL being a sound business and rejoicing that Sally is back for another year. We will then be free to talk about the club.

Sorry Grendel. But which mast are you pinning your flag too? Suppose ACL purposely haven't booked concerts this year in case they are taking possible precautions against anything that may come from the result of the JR. Your consistently putting down other opinion or taking the polar opposite from individual posters, is this because you are on here for devilment or just like arguing. If you are on here contributing then you must hold the club in some regard, what would you like to happen in the long term?

torchomatic

Of course. I support Coventry City and want to see them in Coventry.

So you're bitter then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Grendel

Sorry Grendel. But which mast are you pinning your flag too? Suppose ACL purposely haven't booked concerts this year in case they are taking possible precautions against anything that may come from the result of the JR. Your consistently putting down other opinion or taking the polar opposite from individual posters, is this because you are on here for devilment or just like arguing. If you are on here contributing then you must hold the club in some regard, what would you like to happen in the long term?

I guess to show interest in the club I should start a thread about the development of a train station in Coventry.

torchomatic

So, if you're not going to use the train I could quote you and say "why the fuck do you care?!" but that would be silly, wouldn't it?

??? I stated I don't need the station because I live 5 minutes away. So you did make a silly comment.

Grendel

Considering you don't live in Coventry, and CCFC don' play at the Ricoh now - Why the fuck do you care?!

The OP lives in Luton. Why does he care?

sky blue john

If CCFC do return to the Ricoh I would consider getting the train so that I could have a few pints after the match. I do hate driving at the weekend.

torchomatic

I hate driving too. Only time I enjoy it is if I'm going somewhere nice like the season or to an away game. Even driving to Peterborough was a pleasure.

If CCFC do return to the Ricoh I would consider getting the train so that I could have a few pints after the match. I do hate driving at the weekend.

Grendel

Do they have electric cables in Luton or are they steam driven?

sky blue john

Did Sisu ever provide any transport from Cov to Sixfields ?
I think I remember it being promised at one point. If it didn't happen its another thing that shows them to not be bothered about the club or fans !!

bezzer

Did Sisu ever provide any transport from Cov to Sixfields ?
I think I remember it being promised at one point. If it didn't happen its another thing that shows them to not be bothered about the club or fans !!

John, you were doing so well up until this post.

You'd managed to avoid any mention of Sixfields or SISU until now. I'm very disappointed.

I even liked one of your posts, which is a first.

Grendel

The Reverend Skyblue

My bet and has been for a while is that if we do not go home, a new rugby union/league franchise will be set up from the Ricoh. I know London welsh who rent the Kassam in oxford are on the lookout for a more permanent home away from London.
If its not them a midland based rugby league franchise midland based would be a goer. London broncos are to far south and are struggling, they may consider going further north and closer to heart of Rugby league .

Also there has been major talk of an British American football team to enter the NFL some time in the future and has been the reason NFL games have been played at Wembley. Where better to have a stadium for this than smack bang in the middle of England

I am certain there is a future for the Ricoh if stadium legoland is built, I am sure the stadium owners have been looking into this, if they haven't they are more incompetent than I thought they were, as you always must have a plan B

I 100% want the Ricoh to be our home and I pray we come back there soon, but to say the Ricoh has no future without Cov is wrong in my humble opinion, there are many alternatives out there to use the stadium bowl for other sports especially now the station is going ahead

Last edited:

torchomatic

But enough to ask others "why the fuck" they do? The "you're not from Coventry" comment is a ridiculous thing to throw at someone too. Many fans aren't from Coventry or have moved away.

I don't care. I don't think anyone really should until we are back at the Ricoh.

You are asking the wrong person.

lewys33

But enough to ask others "why the fuck" they do? The "you're not from Coventry" comment is a ridiculous thing to throw at someone too. Many fans aren't from Coventry or have moved away.

I'm sorry has this thread ended up being something about coventry city?

How is it a ridiculous thing to say? You are basically discussing a train station on a football forum that has nothing to do with the football team.

Don't try and make out that I am suggesting you are a "sub-fan" or some bollocks because I said "Considering you don't live in Coventry, and CCFC don't play at the Ricoh now - Why the fuck do you care?!" Referring to the train station at the Ricoh.

Not selective quoting to suit your point. I know many fans have moved away. Still a train station at a stadium we no longer play in serves them no purpose. So why would they care??

Last edited:

Grendel

I'm sorry has this thread ended up being something about coventry city?

How is it a ridiculous thing to say? You are basically discussing a train station on a football forum that has nothing to do with the football team.

It's nothing about Coventry city - it belongs on Train Spotters Weekly.

letsallsingtogether

Funny how the same old posters find more negativity with the Ricoh because they are so happy with playing in shithampton.
Well if you pass the Ricoh on any day in the week you will see hundreds there attending the jaguar hall events

sky blue john

Funny how the same old posters find more negativity with the Ricoh because they are so happy with playing in shithampton.
Well if you pass the Ricoh on any day in the week you will see hundreds there attending the jaguar hall events

Sshhh !!
Don't say that it spoils certain peoples agendas, they would like to have you think its a desolate waste land with tumble weed blowing around the car park.

covmark

Yep because loads of people are happy we are playing in Northampton. Why do you insist on talking shit all the time.

torchomatic

Where has anyone said they are happy playing in Northampton?

It's also funny how the same old posters like to tell us how sbusy the Ricoh is too and how full the car parks are too, isn't it? :whistle:

NorthernWisdom

I 100% want the Ricoh to be our home and I pray we come back there soon, but to say the Ricoh has no future without Cov is wrong in my humble opinion, there are many alternatives out there to use the stadium bowl for other sports especially now the station is going ahead

Rugby franchises tend to struggle to survive long term though, for the very reason there are no roots there (much as we don't pick up millions of fans from Northamptonshire now!) so I'd be nervous long term... along with being highly uncomfortable about the principle on a personal level.

You're right about rugby league though, it's probably the logical option... but the ground's over-large for most things tbh, bar a (moderately!) successful football team of course.

Astute

Where has anyone said they are happy playing in Northampton?

It's also funny how the same old posters like to tell us how sbusy the Ricoh is too and how full the car parks are too, isn't it? :whistle:

Both of these comments from yourself are as true as each other.

The truth is more like the mentioning of how many people use the arena are from those saying that it does more business than some on here don't like being true. It isn't desolate. It isn't on the verge of bankruptcy as a few like to make out. This has also been the SISU line for ages, although when asked for proof they just said it is what they think.

It certainly isn't doing as good as it could be though. It could have our football club there. This would raise the footfall and the profile. If it was just a football stadium it would financially be in trouble. But it isn't just a bit of grass with seats around it. And just because SISU says it is doing poorly it doesn't mean it is. They say the freehold isn't worth much. This part is true. They say the lease is also not worth anything. This isn't true. If it was true it would make the whole arena and land worthless.

letsallsingtogether

The train station will benefit Tescos. The arena with its one event a year is hardly going to be a draw is it?

Can't knock it down either so the value is negative I would think.
:pointlaugh::pointlaugh: Negative I'll have some of that

Users who are viewing this thread