Robins quits huddersfield (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4232

Just breaking on sky sports now

Evans1883

Do you know why , because 2 wins in 20 odd games , he leaves the sinking ship to save his reputation , that quite frankly is getting worse and worse , absolute scum , despise him and his false attitude towards the clubs hes at

D

Deleted member 4232

The exact quote on the banner with sky sports is "mark robins has left... etc" I would expect there was some heavy pressure after that 4-0 defeat to a promoted club, especially after their investment.

Reading their boards last night it seems they're all baying for his blood anyway

Otis

Well I am guessing he just feels he hasn't got the backing of the players. If he's lost the dressing room it's pointless carrying on.

Otis

Alternatively, does the honourable thing and quits rather than wait for a compo payment from a sacking?

Wish Andy Thorn had done the honourable thing and quit, rather than carry on the delusion that it would all come right at some point.

NorthernWisdom

I wonder whether quit Coventry because of SISU relocation plans? He was quoted as "failed to get assurances".
What were those assurances or lack of them?

http://www.itv.com/news/central/upd...ns-the-council-need-to-support-coventry-city/

Mark Robins said:
I absolutely wish them all the best, they work their socks off and as I’ve said before that club needs support from Coventry City Council. That led to a decision to want to speak with Huddersfield and that’s how the decision has been arrived at... I won’t go into specific detail. There are well-documented things about what’s happening down at Coventry. It is a magnificent club. Potentially huge. But it needs support to build revenue streams and help from the council.

Just saying...

Last edited:

Otis

Hind site is a wonderful thing . What are your thoughts on SP

Where's the hindsight? I've always said Andy Thorn wasn't a manager and constantly criticised him for his lack of nous and intelligence while he was at the helm of this club.

As I haven't been to Sixfields I find it hard to make much of a judgement on SP to be honest.

Blazes

mark robins sack

As he been sack how do you feel about having him back at the sky blues for me it's a big no

Sick Boy

Hind site is a wonderful thing . What are your thoughts on SP

Hindsight?! Fuckin hindsight?! It was obvious to a minority on here that he was going to take us down and was utterly clueless. The fact that he got so much support on this forum says it at all. A dreadful, dreadful manager who did very well out of our club and towed the SISU line. Yet for some reason he was revered on here as a demi-God and described as our best manager since Sillet.

The SISU-lovers even continued to support Thorn when he was obviously going to take us down. IMO a proper manager would have kept us up that season, and we'd have been spared the thought of Thorn waddling over to the away fans, fist in the air after celebrating another draw that was taking us closer to relegation.

Utterly clueless.

Terry Gibson's perm

Although he left some of the reasons he went were right with hindsight, against most on here I would have him back as he is less of a Sisu apologist than Pressley and I think he actually watched the same game as the fans, Pressley trots out the same stuff about being unlucky playing well etc. Sisu though would never have him back.

olderskyblue

Exactly. It's kind of crazy to credit Joy with mind control...

He was part of the club, so would have heard the TF party line regularly. Not surprising he believed it. Some on here still do !

On the other hand, he may have wanted to find a reason that might have made him look slightly less of a twat to the fans, so could have trotted out this line thinking that might do it.....

Covstu

The guy runs out on clubs when things start to go wrong, did it with us, Barnsley and now Hudders. Seems strange they would do this after the first game of the season but maybe a manager has come available that they want??

smoo310pusb

Seriously why would someone mention having him back? Are you tripping? You think Moyes wants to go back to United?

I hope Robins never gets a job again in football, because he's an over-rated c***.

Users who are viewing this thread