Robins quits huddersfield (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date

NorthernWisdom

He was part of the club

So might be better informed about what *really* goes on than a bunch of fans guessing on a message board? ;)

There's certainly a narrative and perspective that's not allowed on this board by many (tbf not you, which is why I pompously reply to you ;) ). Alas, if I try saying it and suggest there are multiple narratives going on (all of which can be right... or wrong), I'll be accused of being blind, ignorant and ill-informed...

Last edited:

ccfcway

Danny Kelly on Talk Sport "If your terrible at the end of last season, it stands to reason you will be terrible at the start of this season"

hmm, if that's true, SP will be concerned

Sick Boy

Although he left some of the reasons he went were right with hindsight, against most on here I would have him back as he is less of a Sisu apologist than Pressley and I think he actually watched the same game as the fans, Pressley trots out the same stuff about being unlucky playing well etc. Sisu though would never have him back.

I am sure that a few posters on here wouldn't have him back after he apportioned blame on the council.

Terry Gibson's perm

They are all guilty of causing the problem just some have a bigger part in it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Twelve months ago Pressley would have been one of the favorites for this job but today I would imagine he is way off.

ajsccfc

I love Callum Wilson all the more now.

Emergency blood transfusion required in the Huddersfield area, stat!

skybluepm2

Well I am guessing he just feels he hasn't got the backing of the players. If he's lost the dressing room it's pointless carrying on.

Nice one for the sarcy response on the other thread by the way (which I opened at probably the same as this one). Witty!

Ibby

something has happened not about yesterday result for sure. He not had any luck over the summer getting players in.

Buster

Where's the hindsight? I've always said Andy Thorn wasn't a manager and constantly criticised him for his lack of nous and intelligence while he was at the helm of this club.

As I haven't been to Sixfields I find it hard to make much of a judgement on SP to be honest.
Foresight , then if you constantly criticised him from the start
I was at Bradford yesterday watching two players play left back ,two players play right back , a five foot centre forward trying to bring down high lump balls, and four out of five defenders which the manager considers worthy centre backs concede headed goals .
Thorn always was an easy and popular target for personal insults
You must have seen one away game , what's your foresight say about SP

Sick Boy

Foresight , then if you constantly criticised him from the start I was at Bradford yesterday watching two players play left back ,two players play right back , a five foot centre forward trying to bring down high lump balls, and four out of five defenders which the manager considers worthy centre backs concede headed goals . Thorn always was an easy and popular target for personal insults You must have seen one away game , what's your foresight say about SP
It was nothing to do with personal insults. He was just a shit manager that towed the SISU line and the majority on here lapped it up and showed they were clueless about football.

Buster

It was nothing to do with personal insults. He was just a shit manager that towed the SISU line and the majority on here lapped it up and showed they were clueless about football.
Ok Sick Boy
I must be clueless because I gave Thorn time (perhaps too much looking back) give us your expert opinion of SP

Grendel

Twelve months ago Pressley would have been one of the favorites for this job but today I would imagine he is way off.

Pressley would never even have been considered for a job like that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Apparently Robins resigned, his backroom staff which he brought in with him were sacked in the summer and he had no/little input into any transfer dealings. He quit saying he couldn't bring success under the current regime and ethos.

RoboCCFC90

Well I am glad it worked for Mark as we chocked full of that Sky Blue Blood..

TheOldFive

If Pressley did go just how many of the Squad ever played at the Ricoh? Clarke, Willis, Thomas, Fleck and Haynes? That it?

Grendel

Noggin

Alternatively, does the honourable thing and quits rather than wait for a compo payment from a sacking?

do managers really do that? I'd always assumed when managers walk or leave by mutual consent they really have been fired (we'll told they are about to be) and will continue to receive their contractual pay (or at least most of it). I'd have thought it something like we will let you leave with your head held high like its your own decision, you sign this no disclosure agreement and don't say anything nasty and we'll all wish each other well for the future.

I felt when Robbins left he was allowed too because he agreed to say the right things, his comments when leaving sounded like they had been written by sisu. Of course it's possible that is what he believed to be true as all his information had come from them.

Grendel

do managers really do that? I'd always assumed when managers walk or leave by mutual consent they really have been fired (we'll told they are about to be) and will continue to receive their contractual pay (or at least most of it). I'd have thought it something like we will let you leave with your head held high like its your own decision, you sign this no disclosure agreement and don't say anything nasty and we'll all wish each other well for the future.

I felt when Robbins left he was allowed too because he agreed to say the right things, his comments when leaving sounded like they had been written by sisu. Of course it's possible that is what he believed to be true as all his information had come from them.

He was "allowed" to leave as he was paid compensation - whatever he said he believed - even if you didn't like it. He is hardly the type to tow a party line as his managerial record shows.

Noggin

The guy runs out on clubs when things start to go wrong, did it with us, Barnsley and now Hudders. Seems strange they would do this after the first game of the season but maybe a manager has come available that they want??

I might be completely wrong but I just can't see that managers do this, you are in a job, getting a massive wage, say a mill a year, you aren't doing very well, if you leave it will be hard to get a similar quality job and similar money, if you stay you are guaranteed to get your mill a year till the contract runs out, who in this situation quits? It seems foolhardy.

dongonzalos

Wish Andy Thorn had done the honourable thing and quit, rather than carry on the delusion that it would all come right at some point.

I still stunned Robins didn't achieve success at Huddersfield.

He took over the worst side in league one (after they somehow drew with promotion side Yeovil, promotion favourites Sheffield Utd and low mid table Bury. )
He somehow turned this worst team in league one into a decent side then buggered off.

I still maintain he took over a decent team it performed as it should. He is an ok manager nothing special and he got out of this crazy club at the right moment as he saw what was coming down the line.

Very few managers can achieve at our club Garry Johnson is one who would as would Neil Warnock.

SP might but I am un sure if he will.

Noggin

He was "allowed" to leave as he was paid compensation - whatever he said he believed - even if you didn't like it. He is hardly the type to tow a party line as his managerial record shows.

Yes a deal was stuck to allow him to leave where huddersfield paid compensation, but I bet that deal to leave involved at least non disclosure agreements (and since he came out with a speech that sounded like Tim Fisher or you) when leaving quite possibly the agreement to say the right things too.

Our club has been a mess for a long time (even before sisu sure) and almost never when people leave do they have negative comments about the bosses, it's clear that it's common practice for non disclosure agreements to be signed.

Covstu

I might be completely wrong but I just can't see that managers do this, you are in a job, getting a massive wage, say a mill a year, you aren't doing very well, if you leave it will be hard to get a similar quality job and similar money, if you stay you are guaranteed to get your mill a year till the contract runs out, who in this situation quits? It seems foolhardy.

He walked from Barnsley, he moved for a better deal from us and what we are told that he finished at Hudders..... they clearly do...

Covstu

I cannot believe people are saying they would have him back!! 1) he shat on us from a great height and 2) when the going gets tough, he fucks off to another club.

Don't care about Andy Thorn, he wasn't the right man but generally had the 'we really hope he works out because he is a nice bloke' vote from the fans but its in the past so let it go FFS!

Noggin

He walked from Barnsley, he moved for a better deal from us and what we are told that he finished at Hudders..... they clearly do...

resigning when you have somewhere else lined up is completely different (and of course you can only do that if your current club agrees which normally involves compensation), I simply don't believe that people resign million pound jobs when they have no where else to go especially when it's going to be very hard to get a job on that money again in the near future, especially when if you stay a little longer you'll be fired and you will carry on getting your wages without having to work. I can accept very very occasionally the most principled of managers and ones with reputations great enough that they know their future is secure that they will stand up for what they believe in if what is happening at the club is completely untenable but I bet more than 99% of resigning managers were really told they were about to be fired and a good for everyone deal is struck.

Users who are viewing this thread