Robins (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Still bringing up mowbray to avoid when you said no1 could do better than slade haha

I really don't understand why you indulge all the time in this playground style of argument - we are all guilty of it at some point or other but with you it's a constant.

No one said no manager could do better than Slade. Given the choice everyone would have preferred robins. Would he have closed the points gap with this squad - personally I'd say no for a whole host of reasons - the main bring the squad are weak under pressure. In cup games they've been stronger than league games until our fate was sealed. The Peterborough team yesterday were going through the motions more than if it was February

The irony is I think robins is a better more reactive manager than Mowbray. Something you massively disagreed on when I said the cracks were showing and Mowbray should have been sacked and we replaced him with robins. I'm as convinced we'd be in the championship now as you are we'd be in league one if he'd been recruited in January.

For the record the only reason. I refer to Mowbray was your childlike statement regarding summer recruits not being the issue.

If that's the case why are these recruits being overlooked for thirty something defenders recruited by you know who?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I really don't understand why you indulge all the time in this playground style of argument - we are all guilty of it at some point or other but with you it's a constant.

No one said no manager could do better than Slade. Given the choice everyone would have preferred robins. Would he have closed the points gap with this squad - personally I'd say no for a whole host of reasons - the main bring the squad are weak under pressure. In cup games they've been stronger than league games until our fate was sealed. The Peterborough team yesterday were going through the motions more than if it was February

The irony is I think robins is a better more reactive manager than Mowbray. Something you massively disagreed on when I said the cracks were showing and Mowbray should have been sacked and we replaced him with robins. I'm as convinced we'd be in the championship now as you are we'd be in league one if he'd been recruited in January.

For the record the only reason. I refer to Mowbray was your childlike statement regarding summer recruits not being the issue.

If that's the case why are these recruits being overlooked for thirty something defenders recruited by you know who?
I prefer a kindergarten arguement myself.

covcity4life

Just admit u were wrong. Be a man. U said no1 cud do vetter than slade. U said slade only lost games cos if sunmer recruitment

U fucked up

I have always summer didnt go to plan. No doubt about it. Just maintain this wasnt so bad it shud ve 17 pts off the pace at bottom

Robons has shown that slade didnt win with a squad that was capable. U shud never have stood up 4 him

Learn from this.

skybluetony176

So Robins and the players are SISU then?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

People keep saying that like it's not an issue but surely that is the issue. Robins and all the CCFC staff (excluding fisher) have different priorities to SISU. Robins is here to try and make CCFC successful. SISU really aren't and that's the problem as they're the ones driving the direction, so it's worse than SISU not being CCFC. Don't celebrate that they are not the same. That's our downfall.

Grendel

Just admit u were wrong. Be a man. U said no1 cud do vetter than slade. U said slade only lost games cos if sunmer recruitment

U fucked up

I have always summer didnt go to plan. No doubt about it. Just maintain this wasnt so bad it shud ve 17 pts off the pace at bottom

Robons has shown that slade didnt win with a squad that was capable. U shud never have stood up 4 him

Learn from this.

Why when you start getting asked questions instead of replying in a normal rational way to you go into Stanley Unwin mode?

NortonSkyBlue

Still wont admit he was wrong loool

No1 cud do better than slade lmao

Whatever we say on this site is just a punt or an opinion. Some like CC4L believe that Mowbray's shit tastes like chocolate, some thought that Slade was going to be the answer, some think Robins is a traitor.
Results are the only barometer worth with any credibility and Grendel and the rest of us do not have a crystal ball, just an opinion.
I believe that if Robins had taken over from Mowbray we would be in the play offs, if he had taken over from Venus we would be mid table but in reality it's pointless. We are going down and despite that I am convinced that we have hit rock bottom and are starting the long journey back. Nothing more than an opinion.

covcity4life

Whatever we say on this site is just a punt or an opinion. Some like CC4L believe that Mowbray's shit tastes like chocolate, some thought that Slade was going to be the answer, some think Robins is a traitor.
Results are the only barometer worth with any credibility and Grendel and the rest of us do not have a crystal ball, just an opinion.
I believe that if Robins had taken over from Mowbray we would be in the play offs, if he had taken over from Venus we would be mid table but in reality it's pointless. We are going down and despite that I am convinced that we have hit rock bottom and are starting the long journey back. Nothing more than an opinion.

Tottaly agree mate. No issue with opinions not panning out. Has happened to me snd will again!

Just like making people who think they know so much eat humble pie. The people i target are very dismissive of others views so they need this wake up

From here they can learn from their mistakes or keep repeating them. Ball is in their court.

skybluetony176

He is right though. Grendull said something like if we sack Slade whoever comes in won't win a game all season either because of the squad. He even bigged up Slade for having "sussed" out players like Bigi and dropping them. Of course since Robbins has come in and turned things around Bigi has been pivotal to that turn around and actually turns out to be part of the cure not the problem.

Grendull got it wrong. No problem with that. Like you say we all do, none of us have a crystal ball. Problem is he can't put his hand up to the point he either rewrites what he said, denies it or ignores it like it never happened.

Grendel

He is right though. Grendull said something like if we sack Slade whoever comes in won't win a game all season either because of the squad. He even bigged up Slade for having "sussed" out players like Bigi and dropping them. Of course since Robbins has come in and turned things around Bigi has been pivotal to that turn around and actually turns out to be part of the cure not the problem.

Grendull got it wrong. No problem with that. Like you say we all do, none of us have a crystal ball. Problem is he can't put his hand up to the point he either rewrites what he said, denies it or ignores it like it never happened.

No I didn't say any of that. I said even by his standards he'd do well to get more than two league wins until the end of the season.

I never said anything about Slade sussing anyone out - I said they'd fell out and that's why he wasn't playing. Another player said it was because he'd get £100k if he played another game.

The reason we are winning games now is he plays a flat back 4 which is proving effective.

Last week we were all having it rammed down our throat that the only reason Kyle Reid wasn't playing well was Slade. Oddly that's now gone quiete

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray was a good manager, i think robins justbwins and come out on top between the two of them.

Either of them would have kept us up if they had stayed/joined earlier.

Grendel

Mowbray was a good manager, i think robins justbwins and come out on top between the two of them.

Either of them would have kept us up if they had stayed/joined earlier.

I don't think there's a hope in hell Mowbray would have kept us up.

Blackburn fans now accepting the inevitable up there it seems unless they win the next two they are all but down.

skybluetony176

No I didn't say any of that. I said even by his standards he'd do well to get more than two league wins until the end of the season.

I never said anything about Slade sussing anyone out - I said they'd fell out and that's why he wasn't playing. Another player said it was because he'd get £100k if he played another game.

The reason we are winning games now is he plays a flat back 4 which is proving effective.

Last week we were all having it rammed down our throat that the only reason Kyle Reid wasn't playing well was Slade. Oddly that's now gone quiete

Here's what you actually said

Slade should stay

NortonSkyBlue

I don't think there's a hope in hell Mowbray would have kept us up.

Blackburn fans now accepting the inevitable up there it seems unless they win the next two they are all but down.
You can't say that Mowbray would have taken us down or that he is responsible for Blackburn going down, but fuck me, the man has had a bad year!!!

Captain Dart

Tim Fisher doesn't own us. He works for CCFC.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

But he is not an employee of Otium? According to him he is an unpaid Director.

skybluetony176

Which doesn't back up any of your comments and was agreed with by 6 other people. Excellent detective work Tony.

Doesn't back yours either. Which was the point that was being made after all. Given the amount of posts you make I don't think anyone can blame me for not remembering what you said word for word but the gist is right of what I said you said was right. Probably nearer than what you're trying to claim you said. Big difference being you're the one who said it.

Grendel

Doesn't back yours either. Which was the point that was being made after all. Given the amount of posts you make I don't think anyone can blame me for not remembering what you said word for word but the gist is right of what I said you said. Probably nearer than what you're trying to claim you said. Big difference being you're the one who said it.

No Tony I did say I'd be surprised that robins achieved more than 2 wins. I never said anything regarding bigiamara other than id heard they'd fell out

I also stated we should have sacked Mowbray last season and got Robins. Did you echo those sentiments Tony?

Captain Dart

LOL Grendel said...

Who is going to stay will partly be determined by who wants to. There will be far more opportunity to recruit an actual real replacement in the summer.

Replacing now and the next guy loses the next 8 (which given the state of hfs squad is a real possibility) would mean the next guy being hounded out as well.

Slade is criticised now for not playing the gifted players such as bigiamarana and Stevenson - the same gifted players who went on a ten March winless run at the start and a 7 game run of defeats from November until he turned up.

It's pretty obvious every player has had ample opportunity to perform and have all failed abysmally.

I have no belief any new manager would turn anything round at all but just be another whipping boy.

It's best just to let the whole debacle play out until the end.

People should really look at the whole season. We had a freak October - take that out and the season has been a list of desperate displays by an utterly hopeless and I suspect Ill disciplined squad of players. I suspect Slade isn't popular as he has tried to address the attitude issue.

The players need to go as well as the manager.

torchomatic

Jeez, can't you lot have a day off for once? I thought Slade would be a fantastic appointment and said so numerous times. I was wrong, so what. We all are at times.

skybluetony176

No Tony I did say I'd be surprised that robins achieved more than 2 wins. I never said anything regarding bigiamara other than id heard they'd fell out

I also stated we should have sacked Mowbray last season and got Robins. Did you echo those sentiments Tony?

Picking and dismissing from your own post even when a link I given. Unbelievable. And then you try to change the subject.

Here's what you said in full

"Who is going to stay will partly be determined by who wants to. There will be far more opportunity to recruit an actual real replacement in the summer.

Replacing now and the next guy loses the next 8 (which given the state of hfs squad is a real possibility) would mean the next guy being hounded out as well.

Slade is criticised now for not playing the gifted players such as bigiamarana and Stevenson - the same gifted players who went on a ten March winless run at the start and a 7 game run of defeats from November until he turned up.

It's pretty obvious every player has had ample opportunity to perform and have all failed abysmally.

I have no belief any new manager would turn anything round at all but just be another whipping boy.

People should really look at the whole season. We had a freak October - take that out and the season has been a list of desperate displays by an utterly hopeless and I suspect Ill disciplined squad of players. I suspect Slade isn't popular as he has tried to address the attitude issue.

The players need to go as well as the manager."

You bigger Slade up and put the blame squarely on the squad and specifically their attitude. Robins has had to deal with those same players and got different results in every aspect. I'm not suggesting that we've got a top half of the table team but clearly it's not relegation fodder when the right manager is running the show.

Truth this team again is reflected by the budget as it was last season and if it wasn't for the disaster that was Slade we might not be getting relegated.

Grendel

LOL Grendel said...

Jack let's be serious for a minute. If Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus, Russell Slade and Mark Robins turned up at your house (or your office in the council) unless you'd google searched before hand you wouldn't know one from the other. Shaking Tonys hand "great to see you Mark I'm a big fan. I've got all your records"

Grendel

Picking and dismissing from your own post even when a link I given. Unbelievable. And then you try to change the subject.

Here's what you said in full

"Who is going to stay will partly be determined by who wants to. There will be far more opportunity to recruit an actual real replacement in the summer.

The players need to go as well as the manager."

You bigger Slade up and put the blame squarely on the squad and specifically their attitude. Robins has had to deal with those same players and got different results in every aspect. I'm not suggesting that we've got a top half of the table team but clearly it's not relegation fodder when the right manager is running the show.

Truth this team again is reflected by the budget as it was last season and if it wasn't for the disaster that was Slade we might not be getting relegated.

Tiny I wanted Mowbray sacked and robins in last February - what did you say about that opinion?

Captain Dart

Jack let's be serious for a minute. If Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus, Russell Slade and Mark Robins turned up at your house (or your office in the council) unless you'd google searched before hand you wouldn't know one from the other. Shaking Tonys hand "great to see you Mark I'm a big fan. I've got all your records"
PMSL, you pathetic twat.

Grendel

Jeez, can't you lot have a day off for once? I thought Slade would be a fantastic appointment and said so numerous times. I was wrong, so what. We all are at times.

Also it wasn't Slade or Robins was it and I've never hidden the fact I believe he's a great manager for the club.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread