Rochdale (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Rochdale (Away). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Rochdale (Away) </h2>
85144-3142.png

Capital Cup
Spotland Stadium
7.45PM Kick Off
</div>

FRY-CCFC

I really don't care about the league cup

Probably a scrappy 1-0 loss

Team:

Burge

Phillips Ricketts Johnson Stokes

Vincelot Morris

JOB Maddison Lameiras

Tudgay

Wouldn't mind if we rested Johnson as well really.

Otis

Expect to see a few changes. As Clive Eakin said on the commentary yesterday, the players we had yesterday were the whole, available senior squad. We have 20, the 18 yesterday plus Thomas and Swanson, who are injured.

We can't risk maybe the likes of Reda, who I think might be left out to be put back in for Millwall away.

Think we might also play a couple of kids perhaps.

chiefdave

Would make sense to rest Johnson, TM has said he needs to be managed in a way that maximises his effectiveness so I would be surprised to see him playing. Armstrong can't play as Newcastle don't want him cup tied so I would guess Tudgay will come in.

no_loyalty

Agreed its not worth risking Redda for the cup game, also might be a good idea to rest one of the central midfielders and give Thomas a game

The Penguin

My care factor for the League Cup is about 10% of fuck all, so I'd pick every player who was on the bench yesterday and fill the other gaps in with youth teamers.

(I accept though that this will not happen.)

CJ_covblaze

Would like to see Thomas start. Probably will be Tudgay though. Agree that Martin should start ahead of Johnson.

skybluegod

A few people have said they don't care about league cup, but surely a good cup run will increase revenue, and give a bigger budget to TM? One lucky draw in round 3 and we can bring in some much needed depth.

ccfc92

I agree, we should us these games to maximise potential revenue, then with increased revenues, we can see if this reflects what goes on the pitch.

A scrappy 1-0 win please City :D

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Last cup game (I think) we played there we were in different divisions and they embarrassed us. Wasn't a nice journey home! Need to seek revenge this time round, irrespective of the cup not seeming to be a priority.

I'd like to see Charles-Cook given a go in the cup games - will have 3 cups to compete for. Surely rotating the keepers for those games can't hurt?

Martin should come in for Johnson, unless Willis isn't too injured, then perhaps move him inside and Phillips at RB.

I'd like both Tudgay and Thomas to play up top. Go back to two up top rather than the 4.

Maybe that will involve too many. Hanged though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Team will be
--------Charles-Cook
Phillips--Ricketts--Martin--Haynes
-------Morris---Fleck
-Swanson---Lamieras--G Thomas
-----------Tudgay

Thats my prediction anyway, wouldn't be surprised to see Harries and Stevenson appear on the bench.

ccfc92

250 sold for Rochdale, but more available on the gate, for those who asked :) ref CCFC twitter.

Also, 935 sold for Millwall, and 397 for Walsall.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

I'm not bothered about the league cup BUT i want a win just for the players mindset and confidence.

Hobo

1. After a winning opening day, regardless of it being League or Cup we need to build on that.

2. A Cup run is just extra revenue, we need to stay in for the big teams.

mark82

Be nice to have a new signing or two in before this game to give them some game time prior to the games that actually matter.

tom88

Be nice to have a new signing or two in before this game to give them some game time prior to the games that actually matter.

I agree with this 100%

even though I would rather concentrate on the league but this will give other players game time

Jacketh

Agree with most here. Personally I would love a good cup run! Obviously match fitness etc starts to come into play, but the players seemed to play with such confidence on Saturday and another win will surely add to that!

armybike

From press conference -

On Rochdale

"It's the next game and we'll be ready.

"Whatever the outcome we move on. I am not belittling it but we have to concentrate on the next League game and getting points."

====

'Tough fixture'

"We know Rochdale is a tough fixture and we're looking forward to it.

"We have one or two knocks and the team will reflect that.

"It's always a dilemma telling you who's fit and who's not because I don't want to give too much away to the oppositition."

=====

No striker expected before tomorrow

No Armstrong

"We're still trying to add to that area and things are progressing but nothing before tomorrow."

covey1987

Revenue wise would a couple of games in the cup would be nice with another Emirates style evening as a final pay out. I must say though I wont lose any sleep if they do go out tomorrow night.

skybluegod

Will pay on the gate tmoz night, I think it will be tight, probs 1-1 then lose In extra time.
Whatever the result or team, I feel that Saturday's performance warrants the journey on a Tuesday night. So I'm excited.

ccfc92

Will pay on the gate tmoz night, I think it will be tight, probs 1-1 then lose In extra time.
Whatever the result or team, I feel that Saturday's performance warrants the journey on a Tuesday night. So I'm excited.

If we play like we did Saturday, we could easily win 3 or 4-0 :D

Have a safe trip everyone who is going :D

Johnnythespider

For the sake of those traveling up to support I hope we win, but personally I'm much more concerned about the next 3 points.

skybluegod

If we play like we did Saturday, we could easily win 3 or 4-0 :D

Have a safe trip everyone who is going :D

I would agree, but with no Armstrong and what I predict to be a fairly well rotated side, I'm not expecting the same level of performance, but I'm in no doubt whatsoever that it will be just as committed.

CovisGod

Will there be commentary available for tonight's game via the Sky Blues Player app ? Just paid for it and never used it before !

Users who are viewing this thread