Romain Vincelot (2 Viewers)

Greggs

It's you isn't it Romain?:thinking about:

PTA

I would like to take this time to apologise for my comments in this thread, I won't delete them, I'll leave them here as a big reminder of the humble pie I've just swallowed,

Apologies to the OP, the people that shot me down and for everyone else that read this thread,

Seems my pessemistic side got the better of me.

Sorry folks

Edit - Also would just like to say the main reason I doubted the OP so wildly is because I know a fair amount about the player and didn't think we had a chance of signing him. For that fact I'm actually pleased to feel about 3ft tall right now. Good signing, PUSB
I almost feel sorry for you.

skybluepm2

I would like to take this time to apologise for my comments in this thread, I won't delete them, I'll leave them here as a big reminder of the humble pie I've just swallowed,

Apologies to the OP, the people that shot me down and for everyone else that read this thread,

Seems my pessemistic side got the better of me.

Sorry folks

Edit - Also would just like to say the main reason I doubted the OP so wildly is because I know a fair amount about the player and didn't think we had a chance of signing him. For that fact I'm actually pleased to feel about 3ft tall right now. Good signing, PUSB

Delete them quick before anyone notices CovisGod. This thread will quickly grow to over 100 pages and seen by thousands, possibly millions :) you don't want to be made to look a tit by a dodo ;)

skybluetony176

Good signing I think. He's done it all at this level so should bring something to the party. Wikipedia been updated already too so it must be official :)

skybluepm2

Seriously though, anyone have any info of how good he is? I've heard of him but that's about it.

He wasn't the bastard who broke Samuel's ankle was he?

Decent beard, rubbish tats.

Welcome to CCFC. Looking forward to seeing him in action!

CovisGod

Delete them quick before anyone notices CovisGod. This thread will quickly grow to over 100 pages and seen by thousands, possibly millions :) you don't want to be made to look a tit by a dodo ;)

I deserve it.

Serves me right for calling out the OP as someone he wasn't !

skybluegod

This is a quality signing, remember in their play off year he was a key key player.
Take my hat of to TM for getting this done, need a few more like this and could actually be a positive year ahead.

AFCCOVENTRY

"When I heard of Coventry City's interest, I didn't want to go anywhere else. I've got to repay the faith." Romain Vincelot
Wed 08 Jul 2015 17:58

fb_logotwitter_logo
First slide
The Sky Blues newest signing spoke about his excitement for the future with City here...
Coventry City midfielder Romain Vincelot has expressed his desire to "repay the faith" in the club after he signed for the Sky Blues for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year old completed his move to the Sky Blues from Leyton Orient and becomes City's third signing of the summer.

The Frenchman admitted that once he heard of City's interest, he wasn't going to move anywhere else and now that the move is complete, he is passionate about proving he is worth the outlay.

Buy_Clickthrough

"It's great to be here," Vincelot said.

"I can't wait to start my first session and to get going!

"Two days ago, I was speaking with the manager of Leyton Orient and he was really good to me. He listened to me and the fact I felt I needed something new. Obviously, he didn't want to let me go unless there was a little fee, so Tony Mowbray said he was really keen.

"When I heard that, I instantly said 'I'm definitely going to Coventry City, I don't want to speak to anyone else.'

"There is a big fan base here with big history, I know about the club winning the FA Cup in the 80's, there is a great potential here.

"I'm really happy that I'm the first player for a while to arrive here for a fee, so now I've got to repay the faith. I'm delighted, it hasn't happened for a while so I hope I will be worth it!"

Sky Blues fans will recognise Vincelot, who in the 2013/14 season, played three times against City on the way to making 48 appearances as Orient reached the play-off final.

Last season was one of disappointment for the French midfielder, who suffered relegation but missed the run-in due to a knee injury.

Now, Vincelot is keen to get back playing again and also revealed that he is fully fit and has had no setbacks from his end of season injury.

He added: "I was completely recovered from my knee injury even at the end of May, I was ready to train. When I came back ten days ago I resumed training as normal.

"I'm looking forward to getting started and to Saturday, the first pre-season game is the first sign of a new chapter so I really can't wait.

"We went so close to promotion at Orient. You need a strong unit of good footballers, but you also need good people to get there too. I've been to a few clubs, everywhere you go there are good footballers, but you need good people as well.

"I've been around here and while I haven't met everyone, the staff have been welcoming, there's a good atmosphere. I'm excited for the future."

PVA

Great signing, really like Vincelot.

Central partnerships of Ricketts/Johnson and Vincelot/Fleck looks very strong on paper.

The Lurker

Good signing I think. He's done it all at this level so should bring something to the party. Wikipedia been updated already too so it must be official :)

Very goody player. Last year orient were lucky to keep hold of him. Attracted a lot of interest from championship clubs.

skybluegod

Seriously though, anyone have any info of how good he is? I've heard of him but that's about it.

He wasn't the bastard who broke Samuel's ankle was he?

Decent beard, rubbish tats.

good quality CDM, Will do the dirty side of the game.
no he wasn't the guy who injured Samuel, he missed the relegation run in last season as he was out injured (possibly something to be concerned with).
was wanted by championship clubs last summer I believe, and this is a great signing.

pusbccfc

What a signing. Squad coming together nicely now.

Who knew a fancy Nike kit could attract this standard of player!

luwalla

seen him play on a a few trips down to brighton & would say this is a decent signing. SISU getting their hand in their pocket too!!

skybluepm2

Great hearing a player state that after hearing of our interest he didn't want to go anywhere else. Another piece of the puzzle complete and optimism grown further.

Get Reda in tomorrow and it will have been a successful week.

Where is the dodo anyway? Thought he would've dropped by to gloat by now (unless it was the man himself)

CovisGod

For those of you that haven't heard of him his surname is pronounced Van-Sa-Low

I remember calling Ndlovu Nud-Lov-oo for months :)

skybluepm2

good quality CDM, Will do the dirty side of the game.
no he wasn't the guy who injured Samuel, he missed the relegation run in last season as he was out injured (possibly something to be concerned with).
was wanted by championship clubs last summer I believe, and this is a great signing.

Thanks mate

SlowerThanPlatt

Ricketts signs on a good wage. Reda resigns when we all thought he wouldn't and now we pay a fee for a good midfielder.

Nice work Waggott

hamil99

Facebook User
Ricketts signs on a good wage. Reda resigns when we all thought he wouldn't and now we pay a fee for a good midfielder.

Nice work Waggott

I would say this is the work of Mark Venus not Waggot, and thank god Mogga bought him in, he seems to be doing the business!

PTA

If this guy is a defensive midfielder does that mean Fleck might actually start going forward?

junglej13

Just tweeted Eddie Hearn about him asking him what we can expect - He said 'fantastic player! Brilliant engine and 200% commitment'

FRY-CCFC

Orient fan that goes to every game each year

Gutting to lose him. A box to box midfielder who works tirelessly in midfield, has great fitness and energy levels. Pops up with the odd goal as well.

Prone to alot of yellow cards though as he likes to "take one for the team" as they say but making alot of late last man tackles to break play up.

Looks like he asked to leave, after last season I don't blame him to be honest. I think its more to do with the behind the scenes stuff as well.

Users who are viewing this thread