Romain Vincelot (2 Viewers)

mark82

Undisclosed fee. Could that still be £0.00, or have we actually paid some cash for someone since, was it Fleck or Barton?

Welcome fella!

From the CET:-

"Vincelot becomes the first player that City have paid for since Stuart Urquhart was signed for a nominal undisclosed fee."

I think we can all agree Vincelot is better value for money already.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We signed a player for a transfer fee? I'm dubious. Was brilliant the year Orient nearly went up, in Mowbray we trust. Should keep the moaners quiet for a week or two.

Shakeitup

Whenever I hear his name its always reminded me of a brand of dog food.
I hope he has the pedigree to get us a decent lead in the league this season.

From Orient fan Jamie's appraisal of him, he sounds quite dogged. He'll snap away at heels and with his good command of English he could bark out a few orders from the middle of the park.

SkyBlueSid

We paid in the region of 25k for him, an absolute steal.
Get ready for my next snippet in a couple of days and never doubt the dohdoh

That sounds cheap to me and he seems to be a cut above most of the rubbish we have been signing for several years. Is the low fee because he had a break clause in his contract, perhaps, because they got relegated? Otherwise why would they let him go on the cheap?

NorthernWisdom

That sounds cheap to me and he seems to be a cut above most of the rubbish we have been signing for several years. Is the low fee because he had a break clause in his contract, perhaps, because they got relegated? Otherwise why would they let him go on the cheap?

Maybe they have no cash too?

He's also 29 and not likely to go much higher, so it's a bit of 'dead' money in a way... or looking another way, £25k more than most players go for around that division.

stupot07

That's why I said with the addition of a goalscorer. I'm sure everyone will score more than they did last season, I mean, it can't be hard can it

I still think it's lacking goals. Vincent looks like he only chips in with 1-2 a season, flecks got 1 in his last 97 games, so as a central midfield where the goals coming from? Can't see JOB bettering his 7 this season. Reda if he signs and stays fit has the capacity to score 7-8 from centre back, Ricketts only averages 1-2 a season, and tudguy for me is only a 10-15 goal striker. Even if we bring in a 20 goal a season striker, there's nowhere near enough goals from midfield in our squad. It is early days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

I still think it's lacking goals. Vincent looks like he only chips in with 1-2 a season, flecks got 1 in his last 97 games, so as a central midfield where the goals coming from? Can't see JOB bettering his 7 this season. Reda if he signs and stays fit has the capacity to score 7-8 from centre back, Ricketts only averages 1-2 a season, and tudguy for me is only a 10-15 goal striker. Even if we bring in a 20 goal a season striker, there's nowhere near enough goals from midfield in our squad. It is early days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

A rare moment of I agree with Stu.

2 20 goal strikers needed and a couple of 10 goal wingers.

Maddison if he can make the transition will get a few.

ajsccfc

I think I speak for all of us when I hope he can emulate the success of fellow hairy Frenchman Guillaume Beuzelin and set both our hearts and loins aflame.

kg82

A rare moment of I agree with Stu.

2 20 goal strikers needed and a couple of 10 goal wingers.

Maddison if he can make the transition will get a few.

I'd agree with that. Although, going against Stu, in a more attacking (hopefully) Mowbray side, I can see JOB getting more than 7.

hamil99

Facebook User
[h=3]Re: Romain Vincelot Signs For Coventry City[/h] Posted by CornerFlag » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:27 pm
Well played Hendon - no point keeping anyone here who doesn't want to be here. Nice that we got a fee for him as well.

Vincelot was the perfect fit for this club and it will be tough to replace him. Will always remember his impact - taking us from mid-table to two kicks away from the championship. We would have stayed up if he was fit in my opinion - Crawley away was a game where he could made a difference.

Will be interesting to see if he has a similar impact at Cov.

Lloyd James won't be the same without his all action partner there.

Farewell Romain and bonne chance.

Now for McAnuff to go please.

This is taken from th orient forum. So obviously the poster is not happy that he wanted to leave, but still he gives the guy a glowing report. Seems that a lot of their fans believe if he had not got injured at the end of last season they would of stayed up. I honestly thing we got a steal here, specially if dohdoh's pricing is right (no reasn to dis-believe him so far!) Seems Mogga appointing Venus as recruitment officer was the best signing of the year!

dongonzalos

I'd agree with that. Although, going against Stu, in a more attacking (hopefully) Mowbray side, I can see JOB getting more than 7.

To be fair with a decent defensive midfielder finally beside them. Both JOB and Fleck are capable of more goals. Not sure both will play though

dongonzalos

To be fair with a decent defensive midfielder finally beside them. Both JOB and Fleck are capable of more goals. Not sure both will play though

The best thing about this which has made sense to most fans for ages.
Mowbray looked at our squads and went we need a decent centre back even if we resign Reda.
We need a defensive midfielder. We need two 20 goal strikers.
He seems to see it as most football fans do.
Very refreshing

mrtrench

Too bad Pressley isn't still here, he'd have bought McAnuff off you.

Shouldn't worry about goals yet, Mogga said he was turning to attack now.

LB87ccfc

A fantastic signing, one of the best defensive midfielders in league one, especially in the season before last.

Orient fended off alot of interest last summer and in Jan for the player.

Hobo

Hopefully a good mentor and example for Lawton as well.

Users who are viewing this thread