Rose Rumour (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Cov Tel reporting Bristol city are linked aswell now..... PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

Cov Tel reporting Bristol city are linked aswell now..... PUSB

The Bristol City interest is from “Football Insider” again

Funnily enough this is the same site who said were Leeds were interested in Westbrooke. Either Leeds are planning for a season in League 1 soon or it’s just complete rubbish using the biggest club in the Championship to increase their clients profile

mrtrench

More likely to be a straight swap offered. The extra value of Walsh balanced by the longer contract of Rose (I assume City have a 1 year option - so 2 years for Rose versus 1 for Walsh). If Robins has a target for centre back he'll probably take it... unless he's already filled the Walsh role elsewhere.

lord_garrincha

Far too early to pack his bags... Problem is that we don't know which league either club is in next season.

So if Leeds do go up and Bristol don't, they will be in a position to offer more money, plus it will be further up north, which he may prefer.

I doubt Rose's agent would have any interest in ensuring Walsh coming back to Coventry.

jto123

Either way, if Bristol City have joined the race, then this means we are getting more out of the sale.

Magwitch

If it was down to me I wouldn’t sell any of players to a championship club, if Leeds or Bristol City for that matter go up then okay be hard to stop it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

A deal involving Rose/Walsh is an interesting one. As has been said before unless it's a big amount of money which MR feels he can improve the team with I don't see the value in selling our better players to rivals in the same league. If Leeds went up I wouldn't begrudge him the move even though he maybe wouldn't be a first choice. I can also understand him being interested in the move for a team more likely to be competitive and offer higher wages, but at the same time the feel-good factor among our squad and camaraderie could convince him to see how we get on.

Colin Steins Smile

I imagine the club will have a 1 year option, given that has been Robins MO with every other signing we have made since he came back. It gives us leverage when it comes to discussing extending given that we can just exercise the clause regardless.
Exactly, I expect we are in the process of renegotiating contracts and his agent has p
I'm sure many players are in talks to improve their deals right now...
Be worth a journalist asking wouldn’t it
Thats a radical idea .... do you think the CET is ready for such a suggestion? Lol

Grendel

Rose has never kicked a ball at this level so to suddenly suggest he’s worth the figures quoted is for the birds. How many clubs would fork out that money for an untried player

Our midfield is desperate for an upgrade

A Walsh Rose swap is for the birds as well and to suggest we’d get money as well is ridiculous

Grendel

A deal involving Rose/Walsh is an interesting one. As has been said before unless it's a big amount of money which MR feels he can improve the team with I don't see the value in selling our better players to rivals in the same league. If Leeds went up I wouldn't begrudge him the move even though he maybe wouldn't be a first choice. I can also understand him being interested in the move for a team more likely to be competitive and offer higher wages, but at the same time the feel-good factor among our squad and camaraderie could convince him to see how we get on.

The value is in raising money to pay wages for players to compete at this level - if targets were identified then we’d sell to lay wages.

I wouldn’t actually be that shocked if we sold Godden to a club relegated to league 1 who need a striker at that level

matesx

The value is in raising money to pay wages for players to compete at this level - if targets were identified then we’d sell to lay wages.

I wouldn’t actually be that shocked if we sold Godden to a club relegated to league 1 who need a striker at that level

i bet Godden would be!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree. It'll be based on if MR feels he can improve us with the money at the expense of the player. We've done it in the past and JH was renowned for it. It's a gamble but often one that has to be taken - to rely on the same players to be competitive at a higher level is in itself a massive gamble.

Sky Blue Pete

I agree. It'll be based on if MR feels he can improve us with the money at the expense of the player. We've done it in the past and JH was renowned for it. It's a gamble but often one that has to be taken - to rely on the same players to be competitive at a higher level is in itself a massive gamble.
Yep that’s the model

jto123

He did it with Willis to be fair and it payed off big time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He did it with Willis to be fair and it payed off big time.

Yes, but the reason Willis left was his own choice. We offered him a contract and he declined it so we had to look elsewhere, Had he signed it Rose may never have signed.

But again, MR gets a bit lucky and I'll take a lucky manager any day of the week.

Offhegoes

Rose is decent, and it would be disappointing to lose him, but we do have Pask who looks a player, and I always thought Morgan Williams looked decent. + the revenue might allow Robins a bigger budget. Would be far more concerned if we lost Dabo

shmmeee

Yes, but the reason Willis left was his own choice. We offered him a contract and he declined it so we had to look elsewhere, Had he signed it Rose may never have signed.

But again, MR gets a bit lucky and I'll take a lucky manager any day of the week.

We signed Rose before Willis finally rejected the contract TBF. He dragged it out for ages.

skyblueinBaku

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We signed Rose before Willis finally rejected the contract TBF. He dragged it out for ages.

But I think it was expected for Willis to not sign quite a long time before it was confirmed and they'd already got the plan in place.

Maybe not signing Fadz would have been a more appropriate analogy though.

cc84cov

Rose has never kicked a ball at this level so to suddenly suggest he’s worth the figures quoted is for the birds. How many clubs would fork out that money for an untried player

Our midfield is desperate for an upgrade

A Walsh Rose swap is for the birds as well and to suggest we’d get money as well is ridiculous
That’s the deal they can take it or leave it,

£2m + Walsh ;)

rob9872

Rose was signed to replace Willis in the Jan when he didn't sign. Fadz was signed to replace Davies.

Again I'll offer £50 that Rose is our player still in September.

Users who are viewing this thread