Rotherham ratings (1 Viewer)

Otis

A bit futile getting your knickers in a twist over other people's ratings. It's all subjective and we are all allowed opinions, no?

My rough thinking is:

10 - Faultless, World Class, Hyperbole
9- Exceptional
8- Very Good
7- Good
6- Above Average
5- Average
4- Below Average
3- Poor
2- Very Poor
1- Pathetic

So I stand by 7's & 6's first half (Simms maybe pushing an 8) then 5's & 4's second half.
Yeah, I think most people though have 6 as average and 5 as below average.

Just seems to be the normal benchmark for some reason.

I tried 5 as average once and it didn't quite feel right. 😂

SBT

I seem to recall you wanted him and other youth players to start against Maidstone?
Don’t think I ever mentioned him specifically, but think last night was a pretty good illustration of how you can slot in a passenger or two against sufficiently weak opposition without it ever harming your chances of winning the game.

Mr Panda

I'm conditioned to rate players like they would be in FM

Collins 6.6
Eccles 6.6
Thomas 6.8
Lati 8
Kitching 7
Bidwell 6.8
Kelly 6.6
Torp 6.6
Wright 6.6
Palmer 6.6
Simms 9

Tavares 6.9
Godden 6
O'Hare 6
Andrews 6
MVE 6

Hertsccfc

Don’t think I ever mentioned him specifically, but think last night was a pretty good illustration of how you can slot in a passenger or two against sufficiently weak opposition without it ever harming your chances of winning the game.
Completely different coming on when you're winning easily than starting. Last night was the right time and certainly not starting against Maidstone.

SBT

Completely different coming on when you're winning easily than starting. Last night was the right time and certainly not starting against Maidstone.
You think we might have lost last night if Andrews had started? Personally I think we would have been just fine.

fernandopartridge

Collins 7 Think he mustered one good save on a quiet night

Eccles 8 Such a valuable and under-rated player, very few others can look so comfortable out of position like this
Thomas 7
Latibeaudiere 7
Kitching 8 His passing range was excellent
Bidwell 8 Good corners? What is this sorcery?

Kelly 7 The perfect kind of game for him against a team with zero midfield presence, did the simple stuff well
Torp 6 Oddly quiet but he is going to be a huge player for us
Palmer 7 Played like a Year 11 kid who’d nicked the Year 7s ball, not always in a good way

Wright 8 His ability to act as provider was really impressive
Simms 8 MOTM First touch: awful! Finishing: great!

Godden 7 Great work rate and link-up play, really encouraging
O’Hare 6 I would’ve given him the night off
MVE 6 Feels like there is so much more to come from him
Tavares 7 Nice finish but not sure what else he’s capable of, especially on the ball
Andrews N/A Nice reception from the crowd, doesn’t look anywhere near ready though

I think Torp is feeling the effects of an intensive fixture schedule after not having played for weeks, his best is probably going to come in future seasons

Sick Boy

Collins 7 Think he mustered one good save on a quiet night

Eccles 8 Such a valuable and under-rated player, very few others can look so comfortable out of position like this
Thomas 7
Latibeaudiere 7
Kitching 8 His passing range was excellent
Bidwell 8 Good corners? What is this sorcery?

Kelly 7 The perfect kind of game for him against a team with zero midfield presence, did the simple stuff well
Torp 6 Oddly quiet but he is going to be a huge player for us
Palmer 7 Played like a Year 11 kid who’d nicked the Year 7s ball, not always in a good way

Wright 8 His ability to act as provider was really impressive
Simms 8 MOTM First touch: awful! Finishing: great!

Godden 7 Great work rate and link-up play, really encouraging
O’Hare 6 I would’ve given him the night off
MVE 6 Feels like there is so much more to come from him
Tavares 7 Nice finish but not sure what else he’s capable of, especially on the ball
Andrews N/A Nice reception from the crowd, doesn’t look anywhere near ready though
Simms one mark above Tavares?
Behave.

Mucca Mad Boys

be
The "opinions" on him on here are laughable at best and pathetic at worst . He has been , for two seasons now , a very valuable part of our midfield and adaptable enough to play very well in other roles

It’s well and good coming out with this after a good performance against Rotherham playing wingback. Where was he against PNE and WBA?

It’s against these kinds of teams we particularly miss Sheaf and that’s where Eccles needs to get to.

I think Torp is feeling the effects of an intensive fixture schedule after not having played for weeks, his best is probably going to come in future seasons

Agree - he’s also just come off a domestic season in Norway. He had a 5 week break but without a preseason so it’s a tough introduction to English football.

shmmeee

be

It’s well and good coming out with this after a good performance against Rotherham playing wingback. Where was he against PNE and WBA?

It’s against these kinds of teams we particularly miss Sheaf and that’s where Eccles needs to get to.

Agree - he’s also just come off a domestic season in Norway. He had a 5 week break but without a preseason so it’s a tough introduction to English football.

The frustration for me with Eccles at CM is I feel he’s got more in his locker in terms of drive, passing range and set pieces but we just don’t see it on a consistent basis. I like him at RWB, he uses the ball well and is good defensively as well as athletic. I worry he’s got nothing outstanding in any position to really nail down a place.

SBT

Simms one mark above Tavares?
Behave.
I wouldn’t stress it too much. I’m not rounding up, so Fabio was like a 7.0 while Simms was an 8.8. I thought I’d be too harsh on Tavares to give him a 6, he did what he’s being put out there to do!

play_in_skyblue_stripes

A bit futile getting your knickers in a twist over other people's ratings. It's all subjective and we are all allowed opinions, no?

My rough thinking is:

9- Exceptional
8- Very Good
7- Good
6- Above Average
5- Average
4- Below Average
3- Poor
2- Very Poor
1- Pathetic

So I stand by 7's & 6's first half (Simms maybe pushing an 8) then 5's & 4's second half.
great to see someone making 5 as an average performance!

Cally Fedora

Got to be 8’s all round for a 5-0. Lesser discussed highlights for me were Kitching’s distribution, the amount of ground Bidwell covered and actually scoring from a set piece. Rotherham were quite possibly the worst side I’ve ever seen.

Mucca Mad Boys

Got to be 8’s all round for a 5-0. Lesser discussed highlights for me were Kitching’s distribution, the amount of ground Bidwell covered and actually scoring from a set piece. Rotherham were quite possibly the worst side I’ve ever seen.
Agreed! If Eccles had finished off the move from Kitching’s pass it’s a GOTS contender! As for Bidwell, he looked energised and had a fine game - as much as JDS’ introduction to the team was criticised I felt Bidwell looked tired before that little run of games.

mark82

So funny how if you’d swapped the halves around the players would have gone off to a full house standing ovation, as it is half the crowd had gone home and the other half were barely looking up from their phones
Was always going to be the way i suppose. If we'd kept on it and put another 3 or 4 past them then the crowd probably would've stayed engaged. As it was, it was just a full second half where the players showed the game was already over. Wouldn't leave myself but never going to keep everyone pumped up.

wingy

Agreed! If Eccles had finished off the move from Kitching’s pass it’s a GOTS contender! As for Bidwell, he looked energised and had a fine game - as much as JDS’ introduction to the team was criticised I felt Bidwell looked tired before that little run of games.
Possibly dipped by around 5%, not worthy of replacement IMO?

ProfessorbyGrace

What? He looks pretty fast to me and a sharp finisher. Whether he has the control and strength to become a regular at this level remains to be seen.
He has that ability to turn on the afterburners, definitely. We saw that for his first against Maidstone, after that through ball from Godden. He was off like a whippet.

skybluecam

My rough thinking is:

9- Exceptional
8- Very Good
7- Good
6- Above Average
5- Average
4- Below Average
3- Poor
2- Very Poor
1- Pathetic

Simms scores a first half hattrick and he's only "maybe pushing an 8" just for that half? What else can the man do? 3 goals from his first 3 shots inside 40 mins, giving himself and the team the opportunity to ease off second half and save the legs.

Mucca Mad Boys

Possibly dipped by around 5%, not worthy of replacement IMO?
I don’t quite understand, what do you mean? After Norwich I thought Bidwell had his worst game in a while for us. As it happens, JDS had his best game for us against Wednesday and didn’t do much wrong in the next 2 games.

IMO, Bidwell probably should’ve come back into the team after Stoke away.

edgy

Simms scores a first half hattrick and he's only "maybe pushing an 8" just for that half? What else can the man do? 3 goals from his first 3 shots inside 40 mins, giving himself and the team the opportunity to ease off second half and save the legs.

His first touch was atrocious and passing not great, so as per my ratings explanation, he wasn't worthy if being labelled "exceptional" - a 9.

ccfc1234

How can you judge if someone is ready based on 3 mins at the end?
I think it was the fact he gave the ball away 2 times in 3 mins. Shame he didn't get 20 mins as that would have been a more useful yardstick. I suspect he will be one to look put for in pre season and maybe a candidate to have a decent loan?

ccfc1234

Collins 6.5
Eccles 6.5
Thomas 6.5
Lati 7
Kitching 7
Bidwell 6
Kelly 7
Torp 6
Wright 7
Palmer 7.5
Simms 9

Tavares 6.5
Godden 5.5
O'Hare 5
Andrews 5
MVE 5.5

skybluecam

His first touch was atrocious and passing not great, so as per my ratings explanation, he wasn't worthy if being labelled "exceptional" - a 9.
Christ, he scored a hattrick.

If he did that every week he'd end the season with 138 league goals. I guess that would only be very good, not exceptional?

Hobo

His first touch is erratic but he did three or four lovely lay offs. He actually laid it off just in his own half to Wright. Then turned and ran into the penalty area to score his second goal with a first time shot.

There was one that really got away from him, but in fairness the pass from Torp was really rifled at him. So it isn't always his fault.

But agree generally in that it is an area of his game he still needs to work at.

Users who are viewing this thread