Rugby World Cup 2023 (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Every SA scrum ball was never straight and ref let them get away with bringing it down

but England gave it away every time they got in SA 22

oscillatewildly

Not quite the almighty trouncing so many predicted on this thread.
So for all of those that did - be very careful with your judgement call in even crossing a road in the next few days.
Good luck.🤞

Johnnythespider

I think it changed with the 2 line outs we gave away early in the second half, first one was five meters out and was a real chance for points, that and the change in the front row which gave them the scrums, still don't think the last one was a penalty, I've seen it a few times and I still haven't seen anyone go on their knee as the ref said.

oscillatewildly

I think it changed with the 2 line outs we gave away early in the second half, first one was five meters out and was a real chance for points, that and the change in the front row which gave them the scrums, still don't think the last one was a penalty, I've seen it a few times and I still haven't seen anyone go on their knee as the ref said.
We lost too many scrum (calls) 2nd half - That's how they got gradually back into the game.
I have mentioned 'grey areas' concerning this game before, haven't I?

Johnnythespider

We lost too many scrum (calls) 2nd half - That's how they got gradually back into the game.
I have mentioned 'grey areas' concerning this game before, haven't I?
The scrums are ridiculous, it's in the interests of a team in South Africa's situation to move that scrum and gain a penalty because the ref hasn't got a clue what's going on in there.

Tommo1993

Weirdly I’m more disappointed with this than the Cov result. Once Bristol scored, I accepted the absolutely shite loss.

So hard fought and with 2 mins to spare ffs.

oscillatewildly

The scrums are ridiculous, it's in the interests of a team in South Africa's situation to move that scrum and gain a penalty because the ref hasn't got a clue what's going on in there.
I txted a mate at HT that altho erratic, I thought England got the bulk of his calls in the first half but worried if he would level it up in the 2nd half.

skyblue1991

Bad management from the scum, if better we would have won that game

Nevertheless great effort

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

duffer

I'm genuinely not too bitter about that. I honestly thought we'd get spanked, so to come so close was outstanding.

Two bits of indiscipline, holding onto the ball and arguing with the ref to get that first half penalty marched back to a kickable position; and Steward who was otherwise faultless (imho), going for an up and under rather than kicking SA back deep into their half.

In truth I think SA are better than us at the moment, ball in hand and in the scrum, and deserve to go through, but it's to England's (and in fairness Borthwick's) credit that we played in a way that didn't let them do much of that. Enjoyed it, despite the result...

oscillatewildly

I'm genuinely not too bitter about that. I honestly thought we'd get spanked, so to come so close was outstanding.

Two bits of indiscipline, holding onto the ball and arguing with the ref to get that first half penalty marched back to a kickable position; and Steward who was otherwise faultless (imho), going for an up and under rather than kicking SA back deep into their half.

In truth I think SA are better than us at the moment, ball in hand and in the scrum, and deserve to go through, but it's to England's (and in fairness Borthwick's) credit that we played in a way that didn't let them do much of that. Enjoyed it, despite the result...
They are currently ranked as the worlds number one, FFS! But you would not have believed that for 70 of the 80 minutes today.
Tremendous from England, great tenacity and perseverance from SA but 'deserving'?
It's sport and as we all know all that counts is the result, but lucky teams do win and that was witnessed tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread