Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (23 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Yep, maybe reactive who knows, but Tim has set and seems to prefer the direction of travel.

Isn't it more the strategy to recover expenditure. Till ARVO have covered their ass I don't think much will occur on the football side bar pedalling water.

torchomatic

Isn't it more the strategy to recover expenditure. Till ARVO have covered their ass I don't think much will occur on the football side bar pedalling water.

Treading. You tread water.

Captain Dart

chiefdave

If the budget was that bad why was Mowbray looking at players from higher divisions? Doesn't make sense.

I don't for a minute believe we had the lowest budget in the league. Our payout on agent fees was the 4th highest in the division.

ccfc92

If the budget was that bad why was Mowbray looking at players from higher divisions? Doesn't make sense.

I don't for a minute believe we had the lowest budget in the league. Our payout on agent fees was the 4th highest in the division.

Whats the official quote on the budget from TM/CCFC?Fisher?

Top 6, Mid table, Lower table....?

letsallsingtogether

Your probebly right Fisher does lie all the time.
But not sure which one of his quotes were a lie in this case first one or last one?

skyblue025

We are paying agents so much because it's 10-15 new players a season and renewing 1 year contracts. Easy money for agents.

letsallsingtogether

We are paying agents so much because it's 10-15 new players a season and renewing 1 year contracts. Easy money for agents.
Don't tell them that.
What people forget is the agent gets paid even if the player comes on a free.
So we have had most of our 100,000 budget gone on someone who probebly never played football.
And ended up with players that couldn't play football either.:)

covcity4life

I agrrr however fosher dod come out and say budget was now lower mid table.

I wonder if it was cut during window and thats why tm walked away

Grendel

The budget was crap , TM mad it clear at a meeting with supporters before the end of the previous season.

Then he's an even bigger twat for wasting some of it on Ricketts and tudgay.

letsallsingtogether

Venus told the SCG it was £2.1M
I'd wager it turns out to be around £1.7M.
And aparantley we should have one of the biggest in league 2 if our crowds are bigger then the average 4700.
let's wait and see shall we.

better days

The problem was even more complicated
Some players - like Gadzhev for example had deals that meant a large part of their wages were paid as appearance fees
I suspect once the season started TM was asked to keep the weekly costs down by not picking certain players
And of course the bonus system was changed so that no bonuses were paid unless we got promoted

Captain Dart

Some players - like Gadzhev for example had deals that meant a large part of their wages were paid as appearance fees
I suspect once the season started TM was asked to keep the weekly costs down by not picking certain players
And of course the bonus system was changed so that no bonuses were paid unless we got promoted

Really that is ridiculous there has to be a win bonus even if it is relatively small, and there should be plenty of bonuses for making a play off.

Grendel

We played Ghadzev in meaningless games at the end of the season so that's bollocks clearly.

stupot07

When was the bonus system changed? You can't just change it, as everyone's contract is different.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Amazing how many fans know the personal wage deals of players. I'm sure players go round telling every fan they meet what they earn.

robbiekeane

What a load of shite

"I suspect"

"Is it possible that"

"Most likely"

All start the sentences of some of the most imaginative bullshit by the usual crowd on here. For Christ sake the owners are shite and we know that but the managers bar Robins and the shower of shite players they recruited are at huge fault for this seasons joke of a campaign.

God loves a trier though so keep coming with the wild conspiracy theories that further discredit the real arguments and make the fans appear to be the retarded stereotypical football fans that we demonstrated at the Q and A

Sky_Blue_Daz

Now I'm no business expert but if the takeover happened once signings and deals for a stadium were in place

I would buy the land opposite the Ricoh were that club was, culitvate the land around it to put in a football pitch with changing rooms so a Coventry fans 11 could play an away team each home game, keep the club open every evening during the week and add in pool, darts and dominoes teams

I would access the Byatts brewery to provide the alcohol to the stadium

Also get a local butcher/baker to provide pies pasties etc

And incorporate a Coventry city bookie round the stadium so any bets which are losing goes back into the club

Use as many local businesses as possible,

sign a few polish/ Romanian players to garner more support from their communities

Sumo the Micky Quinn

It was £2.1m last season, this season it was roughly £1.8m according to Kieran Crowley

To put some more meat on the bones:
Steven Pressley eyeing next role in football

Speaking about his time at the club, Pressley told the BBC: "When I arrived, the budget was £4.6m and, within a year, I had to reduce it to £2.2m.

"I had to deal with two 10-point deductions, I had to deal with transfer embargoes, I had to deal with playing out of Northampton - incredible circumstances that we had to deal with and I was really, really proud of the job we actually did there."

skybluebeduff

To put some more meat on the bones:
Steven Pressley eyeing next role in football

Speaking about his time at the club, Pressley told the BBC: "When I arrived, the budget was £4.6m and, within a year, I had to reduce it to £2.2m.

"I had to deal with two 10-point deductions, I had to deal with transfer embargoes, I had to deal with playing out of Northampton - incredible circumstances that we had to deal with and I was really, really proud of the job we actually did there."
A £4.6mill budget in League One, and we even fucked that up? Jesus wept, I don't even know who to start calling a c**t first!

Users who are viewing this thread