Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (22 Viewers)

SkyBlueZack

Tbf wasps are shit heads and i don't think people like Italia are even worthy of debate with.
But i don't think they have contributed as much to this as Sisu, nearly all the issues were present before wasps were here. Wasps just made it worse.

Wasps are just the opputunists who go around looting everything after the initial destruction.
CCFC have been mugged and battered by SISU, wasps then came along and looted CCFC pockets whilst it was still on its knees.

So Wasps looting us while on our knees is not comparable to being mugged and battered by SISU? Having no home in Coventry wasn't an issue before, a dispute yes, not an issue though. That occurred when Wasps took on a 250 year lease.

SkyBlueZack

Wasps said 100% or nothing. If we had bid 10mill it would still have been turned down.
It certainly made me look at a so called charity in a different light.

Proven by the lease extension being discussed and agreed before the sale was complete. Then as we know extended after.

Ian1779

The Charity in question is in fact a "Childrens Charity" and as further evidence of Sisu's actions following one of the court hearings the AH Charity claimed £30,000 pounds in costs with Sisu making a counter-sue for hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Regards.

I see we're back to giving a fuck about a children's charity again...

The same 'children's charity that got conned out of lots of money by Wasps according to the 'supposed' value of the children's charities stake in ACL when the club were interested in buying previously.

Grendel

The same 'children's charity that got conned out of lots of money by Wasps according to the 'supposed' value of the children's charities stake in ACL when the club were interested in buying previously.

And also conned by the council who suppressed ACL's valuation for years as well as tying a loan to pay against the company.

Still that's fine.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So Wasps looting us while on our knees is not comparable to being mugged and battered by SISU? Having no home in Coventry wasn't an issue before, a dispute yes, not an issue though. That occurred when Wasps took on a 250 year lease.
Both dispicable but a lot of the issues were still here pre wasps.

And how can it be a dispute not be an issue? Before wasps arrived we had still moved to Northampton an only returned on a short term deal. That is not an issue?

I'm not here to defend them, i want to join in the wasps bashing. But i disagree its an equal blame between wasps and Sisu.

hutch1972

I certainly don't have that attitude about any charity ,but you do realise that they are run as a business now.
Fact is that they were offered more and turned it down, which in my eyes makes no sense whatsoever in regards to a charity.

Grendel

I certainly don't have that attitude about any charity ,but you do realise that they are run as a business now.
Fact is that they were offered more and turned it down, which in my eyes makes no sense whatsoever in regards to a charity.

Another favourite line on here at the time was that the charity couldn't accept less than their initial investment or the charity commission would "come down on them like a ton of bricks"

Oh and a vile Mayfair hedge fund had a moral duty to offer it anyway.

Clearly different morals for hedge funds from Malta apply.

Grendel

Unfortunately unlike you they get paid to make decisions on how it affects the city as a whole. Not how it affects Grendel and his hobby.

Interesting. How is a £30 million swimming pool investment (half of which they even admit will lose money) effecting the city as a whole?

I thought you were an advocate of the stadium remaining a community asset and not being loaded with debt? What changed your mind?

Did they consult the taxpayer when they purchased the private loan that was outstanding from the Yorkshire Bank? How did that benefit every taxpayer?

Perhaps you can explain why one way or another councils in the past at Wolverhampton, Hull, Swansea, Ipswich, Nottingham and Portsmouth to name but a few have offered direct financial assistance to the football clubs at taxpayer expense? Do you disagree with that as a stance?

Grendel

italia with the religious references, still, he is the patron saint of hypocrisy and car parking.

A judas who jumped ship when a better offer came along.

The funny thing is he was a huge sisu fan previously. "Well done sisu" was often scribed by Italia.

Guess Tim had his ear then in the parking game.

torchomatic

SISU put us in the shit long before wasps turned up when will this point ever sink in

And thanks to a 250 year lease we'll be in the shit long after SISU are nothing more than a bad memory.

Last edited:

italiahorse

A judas who jumped ship when a better offer came along.

The funny thing is he was a huge sisu fan previously. "Well done sisu" was often scribed by Italia.

Guess Tim had his ear then in the parking game.

I'm backing 2 horses here. Can't loose.

Sisu were okay until the rent withdrawal and holding club hostage in Northampton. But unlike you when they do wrong I tell them.
Again you quote a correct statement but in the wrong timescale.

hutch1972

Interesting. How is a £30 million swimming pool investment (half of which they even admit will lose money) effecting the city as a whole?

I thought you were an advocate of the stadium remaining a community asset and not being loaded with debt? What changed your mind?

Did they consult the taxpayer when they purchased the private loan that was outstanding from the Yorkshire Bank? How did that benefit every taxpayer?

Perhaps you can explain why one way or another councils in the past at Wolverhampton, Hull, Swansea, Ipswich, Nottingham and Portsmouth to name but a few have offered direct financial assistance to the football clubs at taxpayer expense? Do you disagree with that as a stance?
They can even build brand a new state of the art office building which nobody wants , and still seem to be bullet proof to the taxpayer.

Moff

The Charity in question is in fact a "Childrens Charity" and as further evidence of Sisu's actions following one of the court hearings the AH Charity claimed £30,000 pounds in costs with Sisu making a counter-sue for hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Regards.

A children's charity that invests in pubs. Interesting.

Don't go down this road we have been here before, whilst they started as looking at supporting children's issues, that isn't their specific remit now so pipe down unless you have the full facts.

italiahorse

And when wasps do wrong you call everyone else Sisu lovers for pointing it out?

No I call people who defend Sisu actions, 'Sisu lovers'
I can't see what option Wasps 'really' had so I don't blame them one bit for the position we find ourselves in.
In addition if they were not here we would be still in Northampton with still no way of affording to buy into the Ricoh.

Yes it prevents us from ever getting our hands on the Ricoh but what should CCC do with a mothballed stadium that we could not afford to buy or run.

Moff

You will be asked to clarify that
It's a charity who has part of its remit is to help disadvantaged children.
Which is the same point, that is a very unpopular point with those who supported putting financial pressure on a business half owned by such a charity.

Ironic you stated he would be asked to clarify it, then clarified it yourself.

italiahorse

They can even build brand a new state of the art office building which nobody wants , and still seem to be bullet proof to the taxpayer.
Can't see why they need this pool or why they can't just build it on site from new and allow CCFC to buy into the existing facility.
I know TF said he is building our own complex but surely they didn't believe him.
I think TF sealed our fate by not committing to the Higgs Centre financially and previous history of moving us out when it suited him.

Nick

Administrator
I can't see what option Wasps 'really' had so I don't blame them one bit for the position we find ourselves in.
In addition if they were not here we would be still in Northampton with still no way of affording to buy into the Ricoh.

Yes it prevents us from ever getting our hands on the Ricoh but what should CCC do with a mothballed stadium that we could not afford to buy or run.

You have been the biggest supporter of SISU though, remember the extremes you went to? That trumps any other users on here. You were all out an actual SISU lover.

You keep giving the don't see what option, but when other options are pointed out you ignore them.

Nick

Administrator
Can't see why they need this pool or why they can't just build it on site from new and allow CCFC to buy into the existing facility.
I know TF said he is building our own complex but surely they didn't believe him.
I think TF sealed our fate by not committing to the Higgs Centre financially and previous history of moving us out when it suited him.

I'd say PWKH did more to seal the fate with the terms he put in.

Funny people mention this pool, what about the rugby facilities included?

Moff

You have been the biggest supporter of SISU though, remember the extremes you went to? That trumps any other users on here. You were all out an actual SISU lover.

You keep giving the don't see what option, but when other options are pointed out you ignore them.

And when people point out his inaccuracies, or argue their points and he hasn't got an answer, we get the 'Sisu apologists', 'you need to get over it', 'hair shirt' and other assorted clichés he gives out as he hasn't got an answer.

Moff

So why do the same people regurgitate the same old story?
It just gets a little tedious.
Grow up ? I think you can do better than that ?

No you need to grow up. I am sorry to be insulting but your go to when people argue their point and you haven't got an answer is your form of insults, hair shirt and all that crap.

You, me and everyone on this site regurgitate the same old story. If you don't like it, don't post on the thread, but if you throw cheap shots around don't be surprised to get some back.

You know I have no beef with you, but your posts are extremely patronising at times, and it is something I dislike.

And yes, I know I should grow up for resorting to the same level.

italiahorse

And when people point out his inaccuracies, or argue their points and he hasn't got an answer, we get the 'Sisu apologists', 'you need to get over it', 'hair shirt' and other assorted clichés he gives out as he hasn't got an answer.
No one asks questions they just give out the same blame.
I'm trying to get people to move on and do something positive to get rid of Sisu.
CCC this, Wasps that, Higgs this, PWKH did this. FFS pull together and get rid of Sisu. Oh yes missed "You liked Sisu" off the list.

torchomatic

Another fallacy peddled by Italia and a few others. We would still be in Northampton if Wasps hadn't turned up.

Council chief: We need time to rebuild trust before we discuss Ricoh Arena ownership

italiahorse

Moff

No one asks questions they just give out the same blame.
I'm trying to get people to move on and do something positive to get rid of Sisu.
CCC this, Wasps that, Higgs this, PWKH did this. FFS pull together and get rid of Sisu. Oh yes missed "You liked Sisu" off the list.

People want rid of SISU, but its far harder than you sitting behind your keyboard writing lets get rid of them, as we can all do that.
How do we get rid of them? Why don't you share your wisdom and tells us what your answer is? rather than telling everyone else what to do without putting anything forward yourself.

SkyBlue_Bear83

False

Users who are viewing this thread