Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (17 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Another fallacy peddled by Italia and a few others. We would still be in Northampton if Wasps hadn't turned up.

Council chief: We need time to rebuild trust before we discuss Ricoh Arena ownership
Funny how some scream blue murder about everything else but embraced Sixfields.

What was all the comments we heard at the time? better then the Ricoh, Great atmosphere. easy to get to. Hope we stay.
Just to mension a few.

letsallsingtogether

Who was that then, rfc or andreasb?
Quite a few if I remember on here and the phone ins.
They now shout blue murder about a Rugby club moving here, after following Sisu to Northampton.
I can proudly say I have never been inside Sixfields and have never been to the Ricoh following the wasps.
Sorry but I find it so hypocritical I cannot take these people seriously.

chiefdave

Have you conveniently forgotten that people going in to Sixfields were being abused and called scabs; the thousands of people marching through the streets demanding the club return; the constant complaints about lack of protests at Sixfields?

italiahorse

Have you conveniently forgotten that people going in to Sixfields were being abused and called scabs

Really ? I thought it was a couple of isolated incidents not a continuous onslaught like your making out.
On the hill and never saw a thing. Well I never.

NorthernWisdom

but I just cannot forgive them for what they have done
I don't think anybody expects that, though, do they?

Although thinking about it, I was amazed by the number of 'SISU have learned from their mistakes' when we hit a good run of form under Mowbray last season. Let's hope if we win a promotion next season, people don't decide the same...

torchomatic

What was all the comments we heard at the time? better then the Ricoh, Great atmosphere. easy to get to. Hope we stay.
Just to mension a few.

You didn't hear any of those things from me.

Steve.B50

Back tomorrow.
We all want that little bit of hope and let's all pray that something good is happening but I have my doubts.

torchomatic

Just to mension a few.

Maybe you would like to mention all those who were abusing us as we walked down the hill and called us scabs?

torchomatic

I was on the hill at Sixfields for almost every game and can confirm some did make such comments.
Although I am sure comments we made both ways I know from my own experience we on the hill took much more abuse than was given the other way.

Oh dear, poor you. Some of the hillers were pretty abusive. Swept under the carpet that though, isn't it?

torchomatic

Just to mension a few.

Funny how you mention Sixfields at every opportunity. It's almost like you've got nothing else to say, seems to be your default comeback for most things on here along with your "blaming the fans" line.

RegTheDonk

Thing is, SISU are hanging on because of the JR(s) and the stadium. Regardless of whatever short term deal whoever owns the club may do with WASPs to have us play there, that has got to be a big stumbling block. Imagine SISU sell you the club, then a couple of years down the lines the bastards end up getting the very ground you are playing in. It would put anybody off.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Oh dear, poor you. Some of the hillers were pretty abusive. Swept under the carpet that though, isn't it?
Second home game when it started with the woman who said she loved it there and hoped we'd stay with a sixfields tee shirt on. The time when the drunks turned up for their one and only excursion that was it the rest of the time we ignored you.

torchomatic

Second home game when it started with the woman who said she loved it there and hoped we'd stay with a sixfields tee shirt on. The time when the drunks turned up for their one and only excursion that was it the rest of the time we ignored you.

Well good for her. I'm not a woman. Not all of you ignored those attending. Sky even filmed some of the abuse

rupert_bear

Have you conveniently forgotten that people going in to Sixfields were being abused and called scabs; the thousands of people marching through the streets demanding the club return; the constant complaints about lack of protests at Sixfields?
They were scabs,
Some of the same people who barate Wasps for franchising the club from London, although it had been years since they were based in London, yet seem strangely at ease at Fisher for anttempting the same by taking our club for to Northampton. They bought Fisher/sisu, time which ultimately lost our club the Ricoh and imo has led us to the bottom division and staring at non league. Had they stayed away I believe Fisher and sisu wouldn't be here now and we wouldn't be in the fourth division.

Last edited:

torchomatic

I am sure some things were said but those who stood on the hill on a regular basis never gave abuse, most of us knew many of those who attended.

Believe me, they were said. However seems like history is hastily being rewritten again tonight. Anyway, I thinknwe may have done this before on several occasions. Usually after LAST has dragged it up yet again.

torchomatic

They were scabs,
Some of the same people who barate Wasps for franchising the club from London, although it had been years since they were based in London, yet seem strangely at ease at Fisher for anttempting the same by taking our club for to Northampton. They bought Fisher/sisu, time which ultimately lost our club the Ricoh and imo has led us to the bottom division and staring artnon league. Had they stayed away I believe Fisher and sisu wouldn't be here now.

No we weren't scabs you ignorant fuck.

letsallsingtogether

Funny how you mention Sixfields at every opportunity. It's almost like you've got nothing else to say, seems to be your default comeback for most things on here along with your "blaming the fans" line.
You are no different when any one has a go at your beloved you bring up wasps council higgs, to distract from the real villain's in all this.
Then you all come out with the line"Nobody likes Sisu" LOL

torchomatic

Yes being rewritten by you. You might wish to forget it some of us can't.

I don't wish to forget it. I feel no guilt in continuing to support my team that season despite the small minded trying to make out I should.

Reactions: vow

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread