Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (13 Viewers)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Oh, and to the likes of BHSB and LAST, morons like rupert end up getting you (unfairly) lumped in with them, the same as RFC ends up ruining it the other way too, and making it seem like there's a load of drooling pro-SISU nutters about.

Problem is, with anything that divides, there'll be dickheads who give everyone else a bad name.
I don't know who Rupert is and I don't care Northern. I have my own views

torchomatic

Indeed.

Find it a shame when people like rupert rock up, and then that confuses things so the likes of you and torch end up bickering away, when I reckon you're probably not that far away from agreeing with each other, on the main points, really!

It'll settle down for a while before being brought up in the future on some unrelated topic.

I'm done with it now anyway.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe you would like to mention all those who were abusing us as we walked down the hill and called us scabs?
I can honestly say hand on heart I have never said it myself.
I have been abused and called out on numerous occations still get it now, but you don't hear me moan about it on here.
TBH name calling has never hurt me and can give as good as I get.:)

dongonzalos

Fuck sake.

How are people meant to deal with this level of intelligence?

Let me recap.

I said that the council will be including rugby facilities with the pool, Italia said they weren't and it was Wasps, I said they were, he said have you seen the plans, I said it's on their website. You storm in like a brain damaged puppy without having a fucking clue what you are talking about and get shown up again. Then you revert to mentioning Sixfields as if you think it actually makes sense.

It isn't hard to understand.

Are the rugby facilities some offices?

Hobo

I don't wish to forget it. I feel no guilt in continuing to support my team that season despite the small minded trying to make out I should.

And that is why franchising works.

The people that stayed away supported the team, have no doubt about that absolutely no doubt.

rupert_bear

The people that stayed away supported the team, have no doubt about that absolutely no doubt.
Correct!
I have hardly got involved in the endless debates re. the Northampton issue, but I now look at the facts facing our football club that now stare us full in the face which I believe are a consequence of not standing together as one 4 years ago. I'll list them
No ground, cutting our revenue by, at the time around 80%, never recovered.
The constant restricted budget since then the result of which stares us full in the face, division 4
Fire sale of contracted players, many at lower fees, many still playing at a higher level than we are now at, simply to get their wages off the books
Replaced by inferiour players.
Fisher still here.
Sepalla/sisu still here.
Wasps here, now our landlords.
Academy under serious threat. One of their top coaches off to pastures new, are the cracks beginning to show ?
As yet nowhere to play in our home games in 2018/19.
The possibility of being booted out the FL as a consequence. There's more but I'll stop there,I get angry and take it out of the dog.
Yes I believe if the day one Sixfielders had stood with the vast majority and stuck together the Northampton saga would have died in a month and we would still own the Ricoh, it would be Wasp free, not be about to lstart life in division 4
No court cases.
Not be about to lose the Alan Higgs training facility,
The architect of the almost all above Tim Fisher long gone.
Sepalla and sisu probably gone too.

torchomatic

Wasps is franchising. going to Northampton temporarily wasn't. If they had moved permanently then i would not have gone.

I, whether you like it or not, was following my team. The people of Northampton did not come and see CCFC in their thousands. They rightly ignored our presence. Our move was always only temporary.

Wasps have no affinity with the area, moved permanently, yet thousands of locals go and watch them, cheer them on. That is franchising.

And people on here accuse SISU of dividing the fan base. You, RB and others are doing an excellent job yourselves.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Correct!
I have hardly got involved in the endless debates re. the Northampton issue, but I now look at the facts facing our football club that now stare us full in the face which I believe are a consequence of not standing together as one 4 years ago. I'll list them
No ground, cutting our revenue by, at the time around 80%, never recovered.
The constant restricted budget since then the result of which stares us full in the face, division 4
Fire sale of contracted players, many at lower fees, many still playing at a higher level than we are now at, simply to get their wages off the books
Replaced by inferiour players.
Fisher still here.
Sepalla/sisu still here.
Wasps here, now our landlords.
Academy under serious threat. One of their top coaches off to pastures new, are the cracks beginning to show ?
As yet nowhere to play in our home games in 2018/19.
The possibility of being booted out the FL as a consequence. There's more but I'll stop there,I get angry and take it out of the dog.
Yes I believe if the day one Sixfielders had stood with the vast majority and stuck together the Northampton saga would have died in a month and we would still own the Ricoh, it would be Wasp free, not be about to lstart life in division 4
No court cases.
Not be about to lose the Alan Higgs training facility,
The architect of the almost all above Tim Fisher long gone.
Sepalla and sisu probably gone too.

You're a prick.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Quite a few if I remember on here and the phone ins.
They now shout blue murder about a Rugby club moving here, after following Sisu to Northampton.
I can proudly say I have never been inside Sixfields and have never been to the Ricoh following the wasps.
Sorry but I find it so hypocritical I cannot take these people seriously.
Your memory is not what it used to be

Si80

Can someone summerise what's supposedly going on today please ,
Thanks
giphy.gif

sky blue john

I
Wasps is franchising. going to Northampton temporarily wasn't. If they had moved permanently then i would not have gone.

I, whether you like it or not, was following my team. The people of Northampton did not come and see CCFC in their thousands. They rightly ignored our presence. Our move was always only temporary.

Wasps have no affinity with the area, moved permanently, yet thousands of locals go and watch them, cheer them on. That is franchising.

And people on here accuse SISU of dividing the fan base. You, RB and others are doing an excellent job yourselves.

It doesn't matter how you dress it up, the simple fact of the matter is if no fans went to sixfields we would have been back inside a month. As the football league would have been put under imense pressure and battered by the press for allowing it. In turn the council would not have had a free ride to sell the Ricoh to Wasps.
I don't doubt the fans that went to sixfields thought they was doing the right thing at the time. I ultimately blame Sisu though as we shouldn't have been put in that position of having to choose.
I'm looking forward to the day that our club will no longer be used as a pawn in our owners game!

Hobo

No it wasn't temporary, it was totally open ended at the time. I never had a problem with people choosing to go, it was a personal choice, but at least be honest about what the situation was.

torchomatic

No it wasn't temporary, it was totally open ended at the time. I never had a problem with people choosing to go, it was a personal choice, but at least be honest about what the situation was.

Yes it was temporary and was always going to be. There was never any permanency in the move.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Supposed to be for three years with no return to the Ricoh and any new stadium being built outside of Coventry. According to Tim therefore we were never coming back.

Ah yes, that's right. One of the times it was coveniently decided Fisher was telling the truth.

Grendel

What date was given for our return?

You stated the move to Sixfields may have been permenant

it was a three year temporary move

Users who are viewing this thread