rushden and diamonds (3 Viewers)

Astute

Astute, do you honestly believe that the club could have played at the Ricoh free of charge under the councils 'rent free' offer? Anyone who looked into it in even the slightest way realised that it was just more publicity spin from CCC to put the club in even more bad light.
There was one reason that CCC wanted us back at the Ricoh and that was to push through the sale of ACL to Wasps.
As for playing at Rushden, it was one that the club looked at prior to Sixfields and has just been dug up again.

1, None of us know for sure what would have happened with the free offer. SISU never tried to take the offer. And it wasn't free as SISU would still have had to pay match day fees IIRC. What I said is that offers came in and SISU didn't look into any of them so the FL won't look favorable to SISU next time.

2, I agree that the R&D move isn't on the table at all. I see this thread as the usual have a moan and was joining in :D

stupot07

So they weren't rent free then, unless the club remained in administration which obviously would be bad and would probably incur further point deduction if we remained in it for too long.
I'm pretty sure we weren't allowed to enter a second season in administration which is why it had to come to a head in the pre season? So the free rent in admin was an empty offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

I'm pretty sure we weren't allowed to enter a second season in administration which is why it had to come to a head in the pre season? So the free rent in admin was an empty offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Correct - it was just there to fool the gullible - along with the "CCFC can buy half the Ricoh".

The other wonderful offer of £400,000 also of course reverted back to £1.3 million after a year.

Astute

Yet again not the point I was raising.

The original question was about SISU moving us out of Coventry again. What I said was that SISU had offers to bring our club home but didn't look into any of them. Not even the one where Fisher was caught off guard and said it was a good offer they would consider.......just for Joy to turn it down without looking into it. I am not even having a go at SISU not wanting to listen. I am looking at why would the FL or FA let them take our club out of Coventry easily again. But also as we agree there is nothing happening with the R&D thing so it doesn't matter anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Last time they had CCC to blame for everything. But once the reduced rent offers and then the rent free offer came in the FL could see that they had not been told the full truth. They won't let SISU take our club out of Coventry so easily next time. Although once they start their threat of moving or liquidating our club again would the FL crumble once more?

Maybe the FL saw through the rent free offer like most that it couldn't actually happen and it wasn't actually free?

Astute

Maybe the FL saw through the rent free offer like most that it couldn't actually happen and it wasn't actually free?

I said I didn't think it was free as SISU would still have had to pay match day costs :facepalm:

Why do some people have to argue over nothing?

Nick

Administrator
I said I didn't think it was free as SISU would still have had to pay match day costs :facepalm:

Why do some people have to argue over nothing?

Why do some people chat so much shit? It isn't arguing, it is correcting.

Especially when you throw in your lines line "another one with a poor memory" as if it is others who are talking absolute bollocks.

Grendel

Why do some people chat so much shit? It isn't arguing, it is correcting .

There was no free offer - it was impossible to agree that offer. The other offer went back to the original rent at the expiry of the headline rent deal

Astute

Why do some people chat so much shit? It isn't arguing, it is correcting.

Especially when you throw in your lines line "another one with a poor memory" as if it is others who are talking absolute bollocks.

So I said free offer that wasn't free. You pull me up about the free offer saying it wasn't free. Me chatting shit?

He asked me what free offer and then said about it. So was it poor memory or taking the piss? Yet it is me still chatting shit.

Very sorry for saying something that you see against SISU although it wasn't meant that way Nick. So you think that the FL and FA will let them take us out of Coventry as easily as last time or do you agree with the point I am trying to make?

Grendel

Grendel

and then the rent free offer came in the FL could see that they had not been told the full truth.

So I said free offer that wasn't free.

The only one with memory issues is you.

You've already forgotten what you posted 10 minutes ago.

Nick

Administrator
So I said free offer that wasn't free. You pull me up about the free offer saying it wasn't free. Me chatting shit?

He asked me what free offer and then said about it. So was it poor memory or taking the piss? Yet it is me still chatting shit.

Very sorry for saying something that you see against SISU although it wasn't meant that way Nick. So you think that the FL and FA will let them take us out of Coventry as easily as last time or do you agree with the point I am trying to make?

It wasn't free, because it wasn't possible was it because of the conditions?

Astute

The only one with memory issues is you.

You've already forgotten what you posted 10 minutes ago.

Got a bad memory? I remember yesterday you saying that you had me on ignore. As truthful as ever I say.

Grendel

Got a bad memory? I remember yesterday you saying that you had me on ignore. As truthful as ever I say.

I did but when I saw you were at it again I couldn't resist - sorry.

Astute

And as I said a few times now it wasn't really free. Which part of this are you having a problem understanding?

And as I have also been saying and asking you.......do you think that the FL and FA would let SISU move us out of Coventry as easily as last time with them not looking as though they wanted to listen to deals to get us back? It is the only point I tried to make but certain people are trying not to answer it but just come out with their own agenda.

Nick

Administrator
And as I said a few times now it wasn't really free. Which part of this are you having a problem understanding?

And as I have also been saying and asking you.......do you think that the FL and FA would let SISU move us out of Coventry as easily as last time with them not looking as though they wanted to listen to deals to get us back? It is the only point I tried to make but certain people are trying not to answer it but just come out with their own agenda.
If they didn't want to listen, why are we back?

The club would need a strong case for it.

Astute

If they didn't want to listen, why are we back?

The club would need a strong case for it.

I would say that I agree with the majority of us and they knew that Wasps had got what they wanted but SISU didn't want to take over the loan.

BTW thanks for your answer. It was all I was after :D

Grendel

I would say that I agree with the majority of us and they knew that Wasps had got what they wanted but SISU didn't want to take over the loan.

BTW thanks for your answer. It was all I was after :D

You did say it was free, however.

Grendel

I would think not being able to achieve being cash flow positive at Sixfields was a strong case for SISU.

Why did they start the season there then?

Astute

You did say it was free, however.

Why am I replying to someone who has me on ignore? :thinking about:

I said rent free offer. I also said it wasn't free. But saying rent free saved me paragraphs of explaining as everyone knew what I meant. We have discussed it enough on here. Only those who are looking for an argument would find a problem with me saying rent free but not free :whistle:

Grendel

Why don't you read the Judicial Review. The judge answered this pretty clearly. Or were you distracted by waiting for smoking guns?

I don't think we'd be back under a council based agreement - do you?

Astute

Why don't you read the Judicial Review. The judge answered this pretty clearly. Or were you distracted by waiting for smoking guns?

Or the couple of lines from an email that they made sound very important.

Astute

No because SISU would still be trying to send ACL under by using litigation whilst waiting for CCC to pay off the loan. And neither were going to happen.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Is that acknowledgement that your first question was rhetorical, so you'll pose another hypothetical question to argue about for 876 posts - no doubt covering Thorn, Carl Baker, Richardson, Adam Barton, Wasps, animal cruelty and Ann Lucas, or any of your other 'pet issues' en route?

italiahorse

I thought it was free but we needed to pay any expenses incurred. The timing was crucial as Sisu were applying leverage on ACL / CCC for the Ricoh freehold. Hence TF had to play it down. Depends whether you were for or against the council whether you believed him or not.

Ian1779

I thought it was free but we needed to pay any expenses incurred. The timing was crucial as Sisu were applying leverage on ACL / CCC for the Ricoh freehold. Hence TF had to play it down. Depends whether you were for or against the council whether you believed him or not.

It was a cheap publicity stunt from Mr 'come see my shiny pound' Hoffman.

skybluetony176

It was a cheap publicity stunt from Mr 'come see my shiny pound' Hoffman.

I think they're talking about the offer made through the FL by ACL. The one TF and Co tried to deny after the story was broke by David Conn IIRC only for the FL to confirm such an offer had been made through them to the CET tea boy IIRC.

I think that's the one anyway.

Astute

I think they're talking about the offer made through the FL by ACL. The one TF and Co tried to deny after the story was broke by David Conn IIRC only for the FL to confirm such an offer had been made through them to the CET tea boy IIRC.

I think that's the one anyway.

They didn't exactly deny it. They did Grendels favorite trick and did a play with words to change what was said.

Grendel

They didn't exactly deny it. They did Grendels favorite trick and did a play with words to change what was said.

Play with words? What was ACL's statement then?

Astute

Play with words? What was ACL's statement then?

I would love to reply but as I am on ignore by you I would be wasting my time......although that is how I normally feel when replying to you :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread