Ryan Haynes transfer bids (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
would be Forest green
more likely to be a ben turner situation - we shall see in the next 24 hours

once we get past tomorrow - we should ask jim white to get fisher back on to explain the wonderful business he has done, and our form since he was last on!!

They released him didn't they?

Otis

Getting rid of Haynes for me is the nail in the coffin. He is the only premier league class player in my opinion.

I watched him at youth level too.

He is fast, good on the ball, and can thread a pass through the eye of a needle.

He is like a Ashley Cole with a vitamin D deficiency, with the added advantage he can play as a winger.
Premier League?

Champions League more like!!. The guy is one of the best ginger haired footballers in the world called Ryan.

Otis

Telegraph says Rotherham lining up a bid for Willis aswell
Wouldn't be too unhappy as long as we can replace him.

He's on to a winner. It's one division above and he knows that if Rotherham go down he will STILL be one division above.

Cavan O'Doherty

I don't know, but if you go and offer to move the goalposts for them they might free up a bit of cash?
If we think any of this money we get for Willis or Haynes(or both) is going back in the team then we have another thing coming! Last day fire sales again with no time to replace

Grendel

Good defender who will prove a lot of his doubters wrong whereever he plays. As long as he plays fir a sustained period of time.

Lol like Hussey did?

skybluepm2

Would let the useless wanker go for free. Can't fathom the praise he's getting. He's unable to defend, has no strength to beat a man and is a poor decision maker. Not far behind Burge as my least favourite player in the current squad. His only half decent games this year have been against under 23 or lower league opposition. Had stokes been fit he wouldn't have had a sniff.

Surely if he was good enough he'd have excelled under the 4 previous managers who funnily enough have all questioned his ability.

Grendel

Would let the useless wanker go for free. Can't fathom the praise he's getting. He's unable to defend, has no strength to beat a man and is a poor decision maker. Not far behind Burge as my least favourite player in the current squad. His only half decent games this year have been against under 23 or lower league opposition. Had stokes been fit he wouldn't have had a sniff.

Surely if he was good enough he'd have excelled under the 4 previous managers who funnily enough have all questioned his ability.

Premier league quality apparantly.

Chipfat

Most say the same about Christie, Clarke, and Cameron not good enough, cant do this, cant do that!!!! Teams will look at what they need and who can do it at the price they can afford. Haynes has attributes and given the right environment could do very well for for himself i would imagine. I don't put him on a pedestal or pretend i think he is the best player i have seen but he has a place in the game with the tools he has.

We on the other hand have no plan or style just grab who is available, hence 5,7 forwards with a manager who play hoof ball, or a manager looking at players not in the price bracket for the clubs wage bill. I'm not shocked at Haynes bids, i'm shocked we rejected them but it says more about the state of stokes current fitness, than we are trying to hold onto a gem....

Last edited:

Otis

Most say the same about Christie, Clarke, and Cameron not good enough, cant do this, cant do that!!!! Teams will look at what they need and who can do it at the price they can afford. Haynes has attributes and given the right environment could do very well for for himself i would imagine. I don't put him on a peddle stool or pretend i think he is the best player i have seen but he has a place in the game with the tools he has.

We on the other hand have no plan or style just grab who is available, hence 5,7 forwards with a manager who play hoof ball, or a manager looking at players not in the price bracket for the clubs wage bill. I'm not shocked at Haynes bids, i'm shocked we rejected them but it says more about the state of stokes current fitness, than we are trying to hold onto a gem....
Sorry, but I am just laughing at peddle stool. ;)

Haynes for me is well short of the player he needs to be. He definitely has some talent, but his positioning is all wrong and he goes awol.

There's so much more to the game than just being good on the ball. He needs to seriously work at parts of his game.

eastwoodsdustman

Gets ridiculously unfair stick on here, never really had an extended run in his best position of wide left midfield. That's where he first played at 17 when he got in the team. We have some strange cocky- eyed fans on here.

Leave those blokes with hats and scarfs out of this if you don't mind.

Specs WT-R75

Saw it too.

His contract is up at the end of the season isn't it? Surely they would be snapping hands off for money.

Due to his age we will still get a fee regardless of contract situation. That said if I was Ryan and I was being offered anything half decent I would be out the door...

SkyBlueScottie

Ref Stokes, it was reported that it was a nerve injury, so it could flare up at any time, especially seeing as we will send him along for a scan and treatment on the NHS...

Chipfat

Sorry, but I am just laughing at peddle stool. ;)

Haynes for me is well short of the player he needs to be. He definitely has some talent, but his positioning is all wrong and he goes awol.

There's so much more to the game than just being good on the ball. He needs to seriously work at parts of his game.[/QUOTE

Thanks Otis. And agree with the thought on Haynes.

stevefloyd

Getting rid of Haynes for me is the nail in the coffin. He is the only premier league class player in my opinion.

I watched him at youth level too.

He is fast, good on the ball, and can thread a pass through the eye of a needle.

He is like a Ashley Cole with a vitamin D deficiency, with the added advantage he can play as a winger.
Thank god you ain't our manager then

NortonSkyBlue

I was speaking to an Assitant manager of a championship club before Christmas who said that he felt that CCFC have three class youngsters with very good futures at the top level if they left us. RCC, Harries and Haynes and he stated that Haynes was a winger not a full back and has one of the best running actions of any player today and reckoned that with the right club he would be a top player.
His run that lead to the goal by Beavon against Bolton was top drawer and although I can't offer a valid opinion because I don't go to enough games, I feel that he is not a defender but is a winger who drives in from the left rather than an out and out winger.

trevelfarandwide

I said there would be interest in Haynes and I think it would be in our best interest to let him go.

He struggles defensively and his contract is up. Sell, sell, sell!

As long as we can get a replacement in of course. Would say the same for Willis too.

Hopefully, Stokes will be fit very soon, SELL SELL SELL, three quid up front and a roll of astroturf for us to train on when Ryton goes. :)

skyblue1991

One of the funniest things I have ever read on this forum!
ec8dc04180e78c099e363a78a1499cd9.jpg

Bristol sky blue

Woah... are we talking about the same player here, the one who often (very often) gifts the opposition a goal with an underhit back pass etc. ?
What he also does though is (and this is rare in our current squad) he keeps his head up after making an error and sometimes creates a chance with a penetrating run / cross.

So the good side of his game kind of cancels out the bad side, being generous...

I say get rid, I am genuinely surprised that there's Championship interest in him. If he makes the move and his confidence blossoms at that level, good luck to him and I'll admit I was wrong!

steve82

Agreed... potential to develop in a very useful winger a disaster waiting to happen at left back tho what ever side he's in.

Otis

Agreed... potential to develop in a very useful winger a disaster waiting to happen at left back tho what ever side he's in.
He gets caught out far too often.

Stokes with Haynes ahead of him might have been a good option for us, but can't see it ever happening.

D

Deleted member 4439

I think Haynes is massively undervalued... Played at left wing i think we'd see the best of him. He's not a good defender but can create and has a great left foot.

It's long been clear that he's not a defender but that he has legs, can get balls into the box and, as said, has a good left foot. I've always been puzzled why we haven't looked to play him higher up the pitch on the wing/inside left. I think he could do well with a fresh start.

We won't see the money of course, as it's abundantly clear that the game plan now is to asset strip as much as possible whilst holding to break even. The club will be put into admin/liquidated once all remaining assets (players and training ground) have been liquidated and the crowds fail to support the breakeven model. I don't expect SISU to be around after the end of our first season in L2, whether we slide in the NL or not.

Grendel

He lacks discipline - he can't hold his position at all and all wide players have to cover ground as well.

He has no real pace or any awareness. He has never been first choice in any position with 4 managers here other than Pressley and that cost him big time.

I'm sure of make managers thought he'd be a forward player they'd have tried it.

He lacks stamina as well - struggles to track back.

Grendel

It's long been clear that he's not a defender but that he has legs, can get balls into the box and, as said, has a good left foot. I've always been puzzled why we haven't looked to play him higher up the pitch on the wing/inside left. I think he could do well with a fresh start.

We won't see the money of course, as it's abundantly clear that the game plan now is to asset strip as much as possible whilst holding to break even. The club will be put into admin/liquidated once all remaining assets (players and training ground) have been liquidated and the crowds fail to support the breakeven model. I don't expect SISU to be around after the end of our first season in L2, whether we slide in the NL or not.

If sisus hedge fund ruthless reputation included asset stripping by cashing in on Ryan Haynes then they really are plummeting new depths.

What's he worth - £20k?

D

Deleted member 4439

If sisus hedge fund ruthless reputation included asset stripping by cashing in on Ryan Haynes then they really are plummeting new depths.

What's he worth - £20k?

Admittedly, can't see it being a lot, but could be 100K+? I think the club have failed to exploit his potential, such as it might be.

As far as depths go, SISU are already close to being a renton in the toilet act.

Users who are viewing this thread