Sakamoto Injury (2 Viewers)

lacesoutdom

read through all 13 pages of this, what a rollercoaster of opinions.

@saddles, thank you for the update, really hope hes on the mend soon, absolutely no rush for him to be back on the pitch, things are more important than football, wishing him all the best.

alexccfc99

A nice update for you all

He is now home!. Complete rest for 6/8 weeks poor bloke, but club supporting in any way possible. As it stands it can be healed by complete rest in that time period, where the nerve issue can be looked at and reassessed, however all looks good at the moment, so no operation needed.

All being well we will see him back in pre season
Think this is about as good as we could have hoped for tbh

Already looking forward to seeing him and EMC in our side next season

Legia Sky Blue

Poor tats will have 8-10 weeks if watching that shite now.

I think its important for his own mental health that his team mates and the club rally round him and help keep his spirits up. It must be quite testing for a young athlete in a foreign country, under instruction to just stay still for 8 weeks. It would be nice if our supporters can also demonstrate the love and concern for him that is evident throughout this thread.

skybluecam

I think its important for his own mental health that his team mates and the club rally round him and help keep his spirits up. It must be quite testing for a young athlete in a foreign country, under instruction to just stay still for 8 weeks. It would be nice if our supporters can also demonstrate the love and concern for him that is evident throughout this thread.
he’ll probably be thankful for 8 weeks off from getting assaulted every Saturday by Neanderthal Englishmen

Frostie

This is a good article by a referee about the danger of such challenges & why they should be penalised.

Sky Blue Pete

The main thing is, Tats had EVERY right to jump for that ball and land safely, its only the interference of Hughes and the contact made in the air that removed that safety, The bastard should get tree match ban at least for endangering an opponent, but don't hold your breath waiting.
At the time I didn’t think foul
In hindsight I still am not sure there’s a foul
What is clear is that if the defender doesn’t do what he does saka doesn’t land down on his back
I think this has to be looked at and a similar rule to what they have in rugby would avoid this happening

skyblue_55

Thankfully Tats is going to be ok , after a presumably , lengthy time out .
I remember an old biker friend of mine , who had a bad accident & broke his neck , but he’s never looked back since .
CTID

Robinshio

What is clear is that if the defender doesn’t do what he does saka doesn’t land down on his back
I think this has to be looked at and a similar rule to what they have in rugby would avoid this happening
Disagree

LAW 12 is very clear :-

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

dadgad

3 matches?!? The the thug should get a lifetime ban and refs should wise up because of the potential career ending injuries.
Saka is an honest and skilful player. Disgraceful that the game cannot offer any protection whilst turning a blind eye to gbh.

Sky Blue Pete

Disagree

LAW 12 is very clear :-

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.
Yeah well aware of the law

So it would be a challenge endangering the safety of an opponent.

Notice no deliberate word is mentioned - talking to myself

You rarely see a foul given for something like this

This should be a moment after a serious injury where the fa pfa pgmol ifab step up and say we don’t want these sort of injuries so we have to stop players making a back and refer to it directly in the laws specifically

In health and safety terms we’ve seen a number of near misses and now this serious incident. In any other workplace there would be a review of this injury at work and it would lead to some action being taken

I can’t believe the player that did this didn’t come and speak to saka , he may have reached out since

skyblueelephant76

There was a compilation video last year showing the large number of times Harry Kane does it to defenders and how dangerous it is.

It was only a matter of time before someone got seriously injured.

SBbucks

The main thing is, Tats had EVERY right to jump for that ball and land safely, its only the interference of Hughes and the contact made in the air that removed that safety, The bastard should get tree match ban at least for endangering an opponent, but don't hold your breath waiting.

Got to wonder why Wilson thought it was a good idea to ping a ball in the air to Tats with a defender near him. Not exactly good odds of him winning it.

Sky Blue Pete

There was a compilation video last year showing the large number of times Harry Kane does it to defenders and how dangerous it is.

It was only a matter of time before someone got seriously injured.
Yeah that’s how I see it
The defender wasn’t deliberately injuring or endangering saka. However he has seriously injured him by his actions
It’s needs making more implicit much like the rugby rule

Sky Blue Pete

Got to wonder why Wilson thought it was a good idea to ping a ball in the air to Tats with a defender near him. Not exactly good odds of him winning it.
Was thinking this too
It wasn’t Wilson’s fault it was because we were being pushed to play long by their press and without sheaf we panic

Robinshio

and by the football rule

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent

does not need to be a direct foul

Sky Blue Pete

and by the football rule

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent

does not need to be a direct foul
Yeah said that
People don’t understand how dangerous it is en masse
Needs someone to ask rugby why they changed the rule
You never see a tackle on someone in the air any more and you did before

Sky Blue Pete

But not fairly?
Officials thought so
Fa thought so
Many fans on social media think so
Possibly even within the laws

Needs looking at
Imagine a darling of the game getting sakas injury
Actually yep arsenals Saka getting that injury it would be on the front pages
Fa need to act now before more players get badly injured

Last edited:

Calista

😲 Some of those examples by Kane are an absolute disgrace, clearly eyeing up the move long before the ball comes down. I don't think the Preston player was quite so premeditated, but that doesn't take away the terrible outcome for Saka. The rule should be along the lines that if you don't intend to jump and compete fairly for the ball you should actively keep out of the other guy's way.

Sky Blue Pete

😲 Some of those examples by Kane are an absolute disgrace, clearly eyeing up the move long before the ball comes down. I don't think the Preston player was quite so premeditated, but that doesn't take away the terrible outcome for Saka. The rule should be along the lines that if you don't intend to jump and compete fairly for the ball you should actively keep out of the other guy's way.
Yep that would take some getting used to and some players would be sanctioned unfairly but it’s totally unnecessary and the potential for serous injury proven

Users who are viewing this thread