Sakamoto Injury (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

I think this is a bit harsh. Sakamotos leap was almost gravity defying and in the speed of the moment I can’t see it a deliberate attempt to injure.

Bobby Thomas does the same thing and tries to roll the forward

And should also be punished. It’s a really dangerous move that the sport has accepted is dangerous and it’s against the rules.

djr8369

I think this is a bit harsh. Sakamotos leap was almost gravity defying and in the speed of the moment I can’t see it a deliberate attempt to injure.

Bobby Thomas does the same thing and tries to roll the forward
As I’ve said previously in the thread it happens every game but it’s clearly dangerous and shouldn’t happen.

Briles

From watching the replay, if that kind of nudge happens to someone 6 foot they probably land on their feet. I don’t think it was to intentionally injure him more to stop him getting the ball. However it should still be punished as it is dangerous

shmmeee

From watching the replay, if that kind of nudge happens to someone 6 foot they probably land on their feet. I don’t think it was to intentionally injure him more to stop him getting the ball. However it should still be punished as it is dangerous

They “nudged” or pushed every time we went up for the ball. They’re very clearly told to foul as much as possible same as Norwich admitted they were. Frankly at that point you’re not playing football, you’re trying to injury opponents on direction from the club. and TBH I’d be happy to see club punished as a whole when these tactics are clearly part of the gameplan. No one goes to the footy to watch elbows to the face, back breaking injuries and endless slow walks to get throwins or come off the pitch. But it’s seen as a valid tactic in the sport for some reason.

jordan210

Iv not seen the reply if someone has it please post.

But they nudged in the back every time we went for a header. Multiple times palmer pointed this out to the ref and he ignored it.

pusbccfc

Iv not seen the reply if someone has it please post.

But they nudged in the back every time we went for a header. Multiple times palmer pointed this out to the ref and he ignored it.

Yep, and eventually the ref gave one later on. On Haji I think?

djr8369

Yep, and eventually the ref gave one later on. On Haji I think?
Yeah, once, maybe twice, out of dozens. At one point Palmer was shoved so hard he went to the floor, right in front of the ref, and nothing. I just don’t get it. You can’t play football like that.

Londonccfcfan

Embarrassing the brave Tats smallest player on the pitch showed the bravery the others couldnt, which Robins alluded to.

Pray Tats will be fine. Hope he doesn't need any sort of surgery on his back. Fingers crossed fir him. Doesn't shy away from a tackle, where as some un named individuals shy away from every 50/50.

robbiethemole

I think the only one I’ve seen punished for this was Micheal Mifsud v WBA years ago, straight red card, as last nights should have been.
That was the same as in Rugby, taking a player out in the air, red card no question.

Tommo1993

I think the only one I’ve seen punished for this was Micheal Mifsud v WBA years ago, straight red card, as last nights should have been.
That was the same as in Rugby, taking a player out in the air, red card no question.

Wasn’t that him just flying in with his elbow? Which is bad too obvs, but more blatant.

robbiethemole

I remember him jumping with the full back, and the guy coming over the top of Mifsud, and the ref said Mifsud ducked out of the challenge, so made a back for him. Just what happened last night.

Ashdown

Embarrassing the brave Tats smallest player on the pitch showed the bravery the others couldnt, which Robins alluded to.

Pray Tats will be fine. Hope he doesn't need any sort of surgery on his back. Fingers crossed fir him. Doesn't shy away from a tackle, where as some un named individuals shy away from every 50/50.
Wright and Simms hardly put themselves in danger, throwing their bodies on the line for the cause.

Nick

Administrator

That was an elbow wasn't it?

djr8369

We just took it and carried on.

Other teams would have stopped the game.
The problem is you argue too much and get booked for dissent.

MR clearly is a gentleman and doesn’t want a team of shit houses but the league is out of control. Time wasting improved a bit after the changes with more time being added on etc but level of physicality is too high and how officials perceive it is widely inconsistent.

slowpoke

I know we love to hate it but I think we need var in the championship, that sly foul on Saka would be there for all to see as well as one of the worst referees I’ve seen the number of shirt pull backs by players on yellow cards was unreal.
There are some unscrupulous dodgpots in the division too.

djr8369

Like I keep saying it happens every game. I don’t understand why it is not punished.

The game seems to have many blind spots. It’s like foul throws. Randomly punished like 1 in 50 times.

long way home

The player deliberately goes towards and under Tats with no possible way of winning the ball. His touched could only end up doing one thing which is to take Tatsu out. If anyone thinks that is not deliberate, they have never played the game, Every player knows what they are doing especially when the team around them is being encouraged to play this way.

Robins knew it and said after the game it wasn't just the Tatsu incident it was all aspects of the style of play. The FA may have a problem coming because they had been warned by us as a club about our players being targeted. And sadly one of them was Tatsu, now the FA will be asked again to look at the opposition player deliberately trying to cause injury to the same individual.

Rugby outlawed this for the reasons that might come out about the health of Tatsu. They know its a deliberate act and they know the dangers of taking someone out in the air. They still keep the physical side of the game up just take the dangerous aspects out. The player in question should be made to sit in the stand fir the same amount of time Tatsu is out and if that's permanently good. But sadly nothing will happen, the FA will hide and injuries will keep coming. Sadly managers like Lowe will be allowed to carry on encouraging players to push boundaries and act like animals running round on grass. I certainly don't want or expect any apology or word from Preston side. They think its normal and its just 3 pts, anything from them is BS, just like hiding the style of play as playing football.

Hope Tatsu gets good news on his health and wish him best in his recovery. Fingers crossed he is back to normal asap, football wise its not important right now.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

The player deliberately goes towards and under Tats with no possible way of winning the ball. His touched could only end up doing one thing which is to take Tatsu out. If anyone thinks that is not deliberate, they have never played the game, Every player knows what they are doing especially when the team around them is being encouraged to play this way.

Robins knew it and said after the game it wasn't just the Tatsu incident it was all aspects of the style of play. The FA may have a problem coming because they had been warned by us as a club about our players being targeted. And sadly one of them was Tatsu, now the FA will be asked again to look at the opposition player deliberately trying to cause injury to the same individual.

Rugby outlawed this for the reasons that might come out about the health of Tatsu. They know its a delicate act and they know the dangers of taking someone out in the air. They still keep the physical side of the game up just take the dangerous aspects out. The player in question should be made to sit in the stand fir the same amount of time Tatsu is out and if that's permanently good. But sadly nothing will happen, the FA will hide and injuries will keep coming. Amd managers like Lowe will encourage players to push boundaries and act like animals running round on grass.
I get it can happen by accident but in this case the player stopped looking at the ball and looked at Saka, leant in and created a platform for him. Hope the player is proud of himself.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

Have an update, wont go into detail as its unfair

The injury itself has a recovery time of 4 - 5 months, which is positive

However the issue is any potential nerve damage. Thats whats unclear at the moment. If there is, then thats minimum recovery time in a footballer of 2 years.

This is the part where Tats needs all the luck and hope in the world that its ok. If it is we will see him again next year

djr8369

I get it can happen by accident but in this case the player stopped looking at the ball and looked at Saka, leant in and created a platform for him. Hope the player is proud of himself.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Absolutely. It’s like a leg break, it will happen by freak accident occasionally, but the things that might cause it to happen without attempting to win the ball are outlawed and punished if they happen. I don’t see why this is any different. No attempt to win the ball when a player does this and serious injuries will occur.

Viktor17

Have an update, wont go into detail as its unfair

The injury itself has a recovery time of 4 - 5 months, which is positive

However the issue is any potential nerve damage. Thats whats unclear at the moment. If there is, then thats minimum recovery time in a footballer of 2 years.

This is the part where Tats needs all the luck and hope in the world that its ok. If it is we will see him again next year
Appreciate update. Everything crossed for the lad - horrible situation.

Hobo

What was equally shocking was how slow our physio's were getting on the pitch when a group of our players and the ref were calling them on. Then the calling for the stretcher was met with an equally slow response, people stood on the touchline, looking around what is, you want us..

Users who are viewing this thread