Sakamoto Injury (1 Viewer)

better days

It just doesn't read right to me that people are asking if the club is insured for his contract etc. I'm usually whatever's read on here is fine, as what right minded footballer would read here, but it's probably not the best morale booster if such things did filter through!
Players often have insurance for career ending injuries
The player would be the beneficiary
Clubs usually don't have such cover - the premiums would be unaffordable

Happy_Martian

Here's the full tweet

1708785949930.png

Happy_Martian

Bruised coccyx (your tailbone, situated at the bottom of your spine) is seriously fuckin' painful but does ease off after a while.

SkyBlue_Bear83

When a player jumps for a header they are in control of their movements and land in control. Introduce other players and there are unknowns but generally still in relative control so a player can land safely.

Last night was a deliberate attempt to send a player completely out of control while midair, while making no attempt to challenge for the ball, with the intention of the player becoming injured.

That is an accident waiting to happen, not a freak accident.
Should definitely be a red card offence to deliberately impede or knock someone in mid air without attempting to play the ball, so dangerous

Happy_Martian

Bit like getting rogered in the nuts then.

I'd have suggested it's like Anal with a rattail file but if you have better knowledge of being rogered in the nuts, I'll stand by your better example :ROFLMAO:

slowpoke

Ben Turner talks about it in his episode of Undr the Cosh

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I know the lad who tweeted it who has confirmed it is true

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
We’ll if that’s true hopefully indicates nothing broken, 🤞I fell last summer off a stool flat on my back hurting my tailbone and back it takes a while for the discomfort to ware off and you ache for weeks, so fingers crossed hopefully.

Happy_Martian

Appeared as though he was holding his pelvis though. Or is that all connected - i.e. radiating pain?

Looked like he was holding his lumbar area on his left (top of hip and below kidneys). But if you land hard on your ass, it's all going to hurt a lot.

Calista

Good to hear, but I'm not sure the mere fact that he is on his feet alters anything. Even if he's fractured a bone in his spine, I'm guessing they'd probably be encouraging some normal movement. Is there any benefit in lying in a hospital bed?

Keeping everything crossed that there is no long-term damage. I'd gladly take a defeat to bloody Maidstone for that.

Happy_Martian

I would say however, while the Tweet poster may be truthful, I'd still wait for OFFICIAL confirmation of his status before expecting him in the Maidstone game.

Happy_Martian

Happy_Martian

Good to hear, but I'm not sure the mere fact that he is on his feet alters anything. Even if he's fractured a bone in his spine, I'm guessing they'd probably be encouraging some normal movement. Is there any benefit in lying in a hospital bed?

Keeping everything crossed that there is no long-term damage. I'd gladly take a defeat to bloody Maidstone for that.

Errr, yes !

Broken or fractured bones need to mend/knit. They do that by staying next to each other. It's why broken arms and legs are held together with plaster casts. Pelvis could be plastered but if it's more discreet (chipped pelvic bone or coccyx bruising), you have to grin and bear it. Movement would normally come later to ensure muscles don't seize up.

Happy_Martian

And you have knowledge of being banged up the arse with a rattail file? I’m not judging.
LOL, and NO! That's why it was merely a suggestion. I've landed badly on a few metal fences before and they hurt a lot ;)

Calista

Errr, yes !

Broken or fractured bones need to mend/knit. They do that by staying next to each other. It's why broken arms and legs are held together with plaster casts. Pelvis could be plastered but if it's more discreet (chipped pelvic bone or coccyx bruising), you have to grin and bear it. Movement would normally come later to ensure muscles don't seize up.
I'm saying we have no idea what the damage is, and that even sending Saka home wouldn't rule out some sort of fracture. Yet people have now diagnosed a bruised coccyx! I'm glad he's not so badly hurt that he's on his feet, but that's a far cry from saying nothing's broken and he's fine.

Keeping everything crossed for him.

Happy_Martian

I'm saying we have no idea what the damage is, and that even sending Saka home wouldn't rule out some sort of fracture. Yet people have now diagnosed a bruised coccyx! I'm glad he's not so badly hurt that he's on his feet, but that's a far cry from saying nothing's broken and he's fine.

Keeping everything crossed for him.
I never even saw the injury so have no idea what his problem is. I was just responding to your comment about staying in a hospital bed having any benefit. Depends on the injury. Some are fine to be plastered and the patient released. Others are by their nature unable to be dressed and the patient needs to be kept still. And hospital beds have air filled mattresses which can help with hip/back injuries.

Hobo

Appeared as though he was holding his pelvis though. Or is that all connected - i.e. radiating pain?

Could have easily aggravated the sciatic nerve which is extremely painful and debilitating. It can affect your back, hip, knee, shin, ankle and foot.

Users who are viewing this thread