Season Tickets!!! (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

A little before the license was agreed, I was speaking to a member of the club's commercial department who relayed to me that FG's demands were 'completely unsustainable' for the club moving forward.
If true - we’re looking at actually being worse off than we were with SISU. At least with them there was a 10 year licence with allegedly “the best f&b deal the club has ever had”

SkyBlue_Bear83

I doubt he wants to be shouldering millions worth of losses per season either. Fundamentally his initial priority will be ensuring that the club can more or less operate self-sufficiently through maximising commercial, sponsorship and ticketing revenue as well as by facilitating player sales.

He's even alluded to this in a previous comment.

"All I’m asking for everyone, season ticket holders, Premier package, our corporate partners and sponsors is a little bit extra into our club to allow our revenues to move in line with some of our competitors, which will make a huge difference because it makes our operating losses not keep me up at night."
I think I made it clear that we need to get revenues up. That's going to help us invest in the squad, pay for the players we want to retain and get us to where we want to go.

If we’re selling our corporate offerings at the wrong price and not getting the revenues we need to allow us to build and pay for and invest in the squad then we will just stand still

If we get higher revenues then that allows us to get a better quality of squad

So what we’re trying to do is raise the revenue, invest that money back into the squad totally, and that will allow us to compete with the teams that we have to compete with to try to get out of this league

It’s a bit of a sacrifice but that revenue will allow us to get ourselves moving and competing with the types of clubs we need to be, and the types of players we need to get us in that upper half and knocking on that promotion door three out of five. That’s what I’m asking.

That additional revenue is enabling us to build a high quality football team and squad. And your owner is handling the infrastructure side of it, not from cash from the club, but from his own pocket to get it right.”

The message from King is clear, all these price increases are made with the intention of using it to invest and improve the squad, fans are doing there bit now is time for King to be true to his word.

KenilworthSkyBlue

If true - we’re looking at actually being worse off than we were with SISU. At least with them there was a 10 year licence with allegedly “the best f&b deal the club has ever had”

Indeed. In all fairness I know zero details other than that the proposed deal was significantly worse than the one in place with Wasps as well as the ominous phrase which was relayed to me. Hardly instilled confidence nonetheless.

Realistically though, given the hardball approach they took when they took over the stadium it can't really come to much surprise that the deal currently in place heavily favours FG.

rexo87

Indeed. In all fairness I know zero details other than that the proposed deal was significantly worse than the one in place with Wasps as well as the ominous phrase which was relayed to me. Hardly instilled confidence nonetheless.

Realistically though, given the hardball approach they took when they took over the stadium it can't really come to much surprise that the deal currently in place heavily favours FG.
But in fairness, King had no other option but to agree with whatever they demanded. Frasers held all the cards in those discussions. I assume he is trying to cover this increase by the more expensive season tickets and corporate

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

slowpoke

We will be at OUR ground for ever now.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Unlikely as those increases have in part been put in place to mitigate the likely horrendous commercial agreement that is in place with FG as well as to ensure operating costs are covered as much as possible.

The budget is likely to increase but not by much.

But in fairness, King had no other option but to agree with whatever they demanded. Frasers held all the cards in those discussions. I assume he is trying to cover this increase by the more expensive season tickets and corporate

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Yes, see post on previous page.

m156788

What time would I have to be at the ticket office on the 3rd of July to get first choice on where to move my season ticket ?

kg82

I’ve tried finding the answer, but can’t. Anyone know when they’ll send out the season tickets?

Sky Blue Harry H

Were you sitting there then and can't stand the noise of kids or were you told to find somewhere else to sit.I wanted to move there but got told I didn't qualify kid was too old at 55 wouldn't even let him sit there with his son just because he's 22.Family Zone?
It was the 'isolating' block, and I went there as I was trying to protect an elderly relative (since passed). I now intend to move to sit with a mate in Singers corner. Far too old to, but love to have a sing song during the game!!

SkyBlueMatt

I think we'll end up with around 15k-16k season tickets. With the extra couple of thousand seats sold, should make up for those that are moving over to the family area.

19, 20, 21 will be sold out and most of those will be the PL tickets but I wonder if there will be any obvious gaps as you move towards block 14.

shmmeee

I think we'll end up with around 15k-16k season tickets. With the extra couple of thousand seats sold, should make up for those that are moving over to the family area.

19, 20, 21 will be sold out and most of those will be the PL tickets but I wonder if there will be any obvious gaps as you move towards block 14.

I think a fair few from 23-25 would move over given the chance. It will be interesting to see if the idea of two blocks in opposite corners works for atmosphere. Or if one does most of the work and attracts those who want it.

SkyBlueMatt

I think a fair few from 23-25 would move over given the chance. It will be interesting to see if the idea of two blocks in opposite corners works for atmosphere. Or if one does most of the work and attracts those who want it.

Get ready for the 'we're the right side / left side' chant again!

As long as 14-16 is packed as thats the spark but it really does go up another notch when 17+ join in. We'll be able to see when they go sale. I think I'd prefer a Moses style 'parting of the sea' kind of thing as keeping people together is better for atmosphere.

slowpoke

Apparently we have sold over 14000 now, I think we will sell more than another 1500

Users who are viewing this thread