Season Tickets!!! (2 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

Perhaps they should have kept the family zone for families.
Adults must be accompanied by children.
Be interesting to see how they stop people moving from family zone, to other blocks.
i thought that's exactly what it was? and they will have a different colour ticket for easier spot checks (assuming they actually train the stewards to do something!)

GIMOC

The club had sadly messed up here. Firstly agreeing that more blocks will be available for the family zone which is now sadly not the case. Finance instalments still not in place according to my brother.

GIMOC

Pretty impressive 9000 have sold already, especially when hospitality tickets/boxes are yet to be released.

speaking to some who had corporate last year, they’ve moved into the stands this year because of the uncertainty around prices etc… I reckon sales will be 13-14k by the end once fans can do the instalments

Mucca Mad Boys

Why not just stay at £50 for JSB makes it more affordable

I’m sorry, but the family zone is already ridiculously cheap. For an adult it’s £10.86 a game and for my brother (U18) it’s £4.35.

The family zone can’t just keep being extended - people who are interested should’ve been on the website as soon as the tickets were released. I logged on as soon as I seen the tickets were on sale because I knew the demand would be large.

KenilworthSkyBlue

speaking to some who had corporate last year, they’ve moved into the stands this year because of the uncertainty around prices etc… I reckon sales will be 13-14k by the end once fans can do the instalments

Yeah I have a box and to be honest I'm holding my breath slightly. If what I'm hearing regarding prices is true I won't be renewing and will look at alternative options.

bigfatronssba

9k sold by the first proper day of sales is good going.
Wasn’t that about the total in the 21-22 season by August?

mark82

Had to be a limit, the issue then is the massive increase for kids in other areas of the ground but then it was far too low before. Can't see much else that could have been done. As usual communication pretty shit though

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
If I can't buy in family zone, I just won't buy. Will be a shame, but is what it is. I also can't go too high in family zone as my Dad won't be able to get up the stairs, so I'm pretty much at the point I will have to wait to see if more released.

mmttww

The club had sadly messed up here. Firstly agreeing that more blocks will be available for the family zone which is now sadly not the case. Finance instalments still not in place according to my brother.
It is the case. It's bigger than initial plans.

and lots of posts in here say V12 is available.

GIMOC

It is the case. It's bigger than initial plans.

and lots of posts in here say V12 is available.

I think you’re missing 2 key points here. 1 that if no more family zone become available then many won’t get a season ticket and 2) the vast majority have not seen the option of v12

Last edited:

mmttww

I think you’re missing 2 key points here. 1 that if no more family zone become available they won’t go and 2) the vast majority have not seen the option of v12
I understand both points and know that choosing V12 has been more complex than it should have been - along with other UI issues - but like others have said, the club has made clear it needs more revenue.

It won't sell more discounted family tickets than it wants to. Prices for kids elsewhere are decent since they reacted and dropped them. I think people are focused on their own stories and not the bigger picture.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't worry guys, I still haven't bought mine yet - can't get past the 'phone dropped in the bath' noise created when you press Option 1. Looks like a trip to the CBS at some point soon. If we don't sell over 14,000 STs, I'll french kiss @Greggs owl (should be a hoot).

GIMOC

I understand both points and know that choosing V12 has been more complex than it should have been - along with other UI issues - but like others have said, the club has made clear it needs more revenue.

It won't sell more discounted family tickets than it wants to. Prices for kids elsewhere are decent since they reacted and dropped them. I think people are focused on their own stories and not the bigger picture.

the club needs more revenue? let’s be honest, the club have made a lot of money the past few months along with premier package sales. They now need to accommodate the fans who can’t afford a season ticket in one payment. sadly it seems like the fans who aren’t as well off are losing out due to this

edgy

When is the finance option available and is there any additional costs involved?

It seems to be available to some and not others, for unknown reasons. I got my FZ tickets yesterday around 5pm and the V12 option was there.

Could be a number of things:

1) Purposely limiting the amount of applicants that V12 get over time
2) Website/Browser issues
3) Club selecting superfans like myself for preferential treatment

And yes, there is additional cost. I had £40+ arrangement fee slapped on 1 adult & 2 kids FZ STs with V12.

edgy

Course it’s sensible unless you’re gonna sell out

It's not though is it? Because a good % of adults who were trying to get tickets in the FZ will now get tickets in the standard areas. And then the more blocks you open up, the more partial refunds you'll have to give out to those who've already brought standard rate tickets in those blocks.

It can only work in the other corner 27/28 ish . Nowhere else. But the problem with that is, that area is the walk-up tickets. And you start mixing mongols in with families.

robbiethemole

I’m sorry, but the family zone is already ridiculously cheap. For an adult it’s £10.86 a game and for my brother (U18) it’s £4.35.

The family zone can’t just keep being extended - people who are interested should’ve been on the website as soon as the tickets were released. I logged on as soon as I seen the tickets were on sale because I knew the demand would be large.

That’s a very condescending take on it, I got on yesterday but with a network of 6, it wouldn’t let me assign the tickets so whose fault is that, mine or the website or ticketmaster? The Club need to show some leadership on this and not just say take it or leave it

theferret

Looking like we may get close to last years total. To exceed 13.5K would be great but a big ask. I know a few new ST holders, but similar amounts not renewing, so I suspect it will be similar numbers, but it could be that loads are waiting to July 3rd owing to poor seat choice at the moment.

croatskyblue

the club needs more revenue? let’s be honest, the club have made a lot of money the past few months along with premier package sales. They now need to accommodate the fans who can’t afford a season ticket in one payment. sadly it seems like the fans who aren’t as well off are losing out due to this

No, they need to make as much money as possible. Unfortunately it’s not a charity, and people do need to stop focussing on their own personal grievances and look at the whole situation when judging. Communication has been poor and there have been other issues, but seeing how sales have gone so far, you have to say the club have nailed it- decent numbers and more money in.

croatskyblue

That’s a very condescending take on it, I got on yesterday but with a network of 6, it wouldn’t let me assign the tickets so whose fault is that, mine or the website or ticketmaster? The Club need to show some leadership on this and not just say take it or leave it

he has a point though, any business would be the same.

theferret

No, they need to make as much money as possible. Unfortunately it’s not a charity, and people do need to stop focussing on their own personal grievances and look at the whole situation when judging. Communication has been poor and there have been other issues, but seeing how sales have gone so far, you have to say the club have nailed it- decent numbers and more money in.

No, they need to build a sustainable future, so that is a balance between maximising both revenues and attendances, keeping the fanbase engaged and ensuring the matchday experience is as good as it can be. Big attendances certainly help that.

It isn't just about bottom line, that is short termism and not healthy in the long term.

That is why the £25 season ticket has been such a success over recent years. I've never seen so many young adults at home games and many of them will have benefited from that growing up and are now paying adults. That was long term thinking that paid off. It was exactly why the scheme was introduced in the 1st place.

croatskyblue

No, they need to build a sustainable future, so that is a balance between maximising both revenues and attendances, keeping the fanbase engaged and ensuring the matchday experience is as good as it can be. Big attendances certainly help that.

It isn't just about bottom line, that is short termism and not healthy in the long term.

That is why the £25 season ticket has been such a success over recent years. I've never seen so many young adults at home games and many of them will have benefited from that growing up and are now paying adults. That was long term thinking that paid off. It was exactly why the scheme was introduced in the 1st place.

and if we match last seasons figures then we have that sustainable future.

anyway what happens on the pitch will have more bearing than ticket prices in terms of building support.

then you have better pricing which people are willing to pay as there is more interest, that I guess is the plan

mmttww

Yeah, but crowds are growing, we're a top half side pushing for the PL. With the Family Zone and the reduced costs elsewhere, I think it's about right. I've benefited from getting my kids in for basically nothing for a few years. To expect that to continue as the club grows is selfish and short sighted. I'll change my tune in JSB match day prices are daft, though!

theferret

and if we match last seasons figures then we have that sustainable future.

anyway what happens on the pitch will have more bearing than ticket prices in terms of building support.

then you have better pricing which people are willing to pay as there is more interest, that I guess is the plan

Sure, but I believe the point was that the FZ allocation has sold out after 1 day. This means from this point forward that offer is not available, and this will inevitably result is some supporters now not buying season tickets who otherwise would have done at the offer price. In a stadium that is 1/3 empty every week, you question whether this is sensible and whether they should try to extend the scheme a bit. It is a fine balance though, I get that.

David O'Day

If the club did make 25 and 26 another FZ where would the pay on the day mob go?

It's not really sensible to keep extending

Blind-Faith

Annoying I can’t get one for my dad next to me and the gang in block 21 yet, will just have to wait till one becomes available or try and convince the other guys we’re going to have to move 😂

SBT

Yeah, I’ve no idea if marketing execs would officially brand the cheap season tickets as a success - certainly not in terms of revenue generation. But the impact they’ve had on filling the stadium, building a bit of buzz and atmosphere around a place that many had written off as a soulless bowl….that in itself has value that shouldn’t just be written off. There should be more to the ticketing strategy than trying to squeeze every last penny out of anyone who might want to attend games.

croatskyblue

Yeah, I’ve no idea if marketing execs would officially brand the cheap season tickets as a success - certainly not in terms of revenue generation. But the impact they’ve had on filling the stadium, building a bit of buzz and atmosphere around a place that many had written off as a soulless bowl….that in itself has value that shouldn’t just be written off. There should be more to the ticketing strategy than trying to squeeze every last penny out of anyone who might want to attend games.

This is well put.. we’d all rather the place was full & rocking but at the pricing to to that it’s not going to help make the signings everyone is baying for. I guess we’ll see if they’ve got it right on the atmosphere side next season.

stay_up_skyblues

Anyone know when season tickets will be delivered?
Animated GIF

Users who are viewing this thread