Should Ohare now be back up for Palmer (1 Viewer)

StrettoBoy

I rate both COH and Palmer.

There is no doubt in my mind that COH has consistently been the better of the two, save for the last few matches. I don't know the reason for his dip in form but it may be a desire not to get injured.

If, for example, he did his ACL again he could find himself without a club by the summer, with no prospect of finding one until he recovers sufficiently to pass his insurance medical. Even then his contract could well be on less favourable terms.

ccfcricoh

Why would you cast him aside? Do what then? Play Tavares?
im not suggesting we do now... i'd rather play Tavares for the last 3/4 games then O'Hare if Tavares is going to be with us next season and O'Hare isnt though, yes...

whats the value of playing him if we've got nothing to play for?

Mucca Mad Boys

Why did they go in the first place then ?

For the money, but to then want out of the most lucrative contracts these players have ever had is telling. Is it not?

They probably also got sold a dream about the league and what life would be like out there.

It’s important to note that the kinds of players going there are either older players or players in large contracts unable to leave their current situations.

Grendel

im not suggesting we do now... i'd rather play Tavares for the last 3/4 games then O'Hare if Tavares is going to be with us next season and O'Hare isnt though, yes...

Because Tavares is rubbish and we should be looking to get rid. As a paying customer I want to see competitive football with the best team

Mucca Mad Boys

Tavares won’t be with us next season. He is only in the team because we’re short on numbers.

He’s not a winger, probably never going to be because he doesn’t have the skill set other than his pace. Two goals against Maidstone doesn’t change that.

fatso

No point playing a player who’s no longer part of our plans for the future and whose only concern atm is not to get injured which could ruin a move to a Prem team. So let him rot in the reserves. I don’t care. Might as well start playing those who are part of the future. Our playoff hopes are fading anyway.
This is totally fucklng insane.

Can you imagine the fall out if we miss out on the playoffs and the FA Cup semi finals while choosing not play our best player.

Honestly the levels of stupidity on here at times in unbelievable.

Offhegoes

Firstly I don't think his sub-par performances against Maidstone & WBA were down to his 'head being elsewhere' and all that. He was actually 'Ok' against the former, but the whole team was playing in gear 2 when he was introduced. The WBA game 1st haf was poor across the team, but Palmer and Simms did look more threatening. However, 2-0 down, and taking off your top man was bizarre, surely moving to 4-3-3 and playing O'Hare behind Palmer, Wright & Simms, and taking off a CB was what we should of done.

Balli001

Firstly I don't think his sub-par performances against Maidstone & WBA were down to his 'head being elsewhere' and all that. He was actually 'Ok' against the former, but the whole team was playing in gear 2 when he was introduced. The WBA game 1st haf was poor across the team, but Palmer and Simms did look more threatening. However, 2-0 down, and taking off your top man was bizarre, surely moving to 4-3-3 and playing O'Hare behind Palmer, Wright & Simms, and taking off a CB was what we should of done.
So basically you are saying he can't ever be dropped?

SkyB

We've had a few bad results and the pitchforks are out, O'hare is the easiest target due to him moving on a free in the summer.

We're still in the play off race, have an easier (if that's possible against a prem team) draw in the FA Cup 1/4 finals and half of you are willing to give up on the season with 1/5 of it still to go? Give your heads a wobble.

O'hare has easily been in our top 3 players this year and is top 3 in terms of quality as well. Would be foolish of us to freeze him out at this stage, especially as Kasey isn't the long term replacement.

Mucca Mad Boys

He’s not been close to our best player for ages.

A couple of my mates have said something to the effect of ‘COH has to score to have a good game’. Both are neutral and don’t really have any biases.

For example, one of the games was Leicester and we both thought Palmer looked the more threatening player before he was subbed.

Then again, before his injury the main constructive criticism I had of COH was his wastefulness in the final third.

I don’t think it’s the end of the world if he leaves, even though it would be a shame for a talented player to leave on a free.

shmmeee

A couple of my mates have said something to the effect of ‘COH has to score to have a good game’. Both are neutral and don’t really have any biases.

For example, one of the games was Leicester and we both thought Palmer looked the more threatening player before he was subbed.

Then again, before his injury the main constructive criticism I had of COH was his wastefulness in the final third.

I don’t think it’s the end of the world if he leaves, even though it would be a shame for a talented player to leave on a free.

He had a great purple patch but since he’s come back he’s playing more for himself and doing less of the stuff that made him stand out (particularly coming deep, winning the ball, dragging by us up the pitch). Whether that’s him or our style change I don’t know, but I’d say Sheaf, Saka and Wright I’d be more concerned about losing than O’Hare in terms of impact on the game.

Mucca Mad Boys

He had a great purple patch but since he’s come back he’s playing more for himself and doing less of the stuff that made him stand out (particularly coming deep, winning the ball, dragging by us up the pitch). Whether that’s him or our style change I don’t know, but I’d say Sheaf, Saka and Wright I’d be more concerned about losing than O’Hare in terms of impact on the game.
It’s tactical, we’re a lot less direct than we were last season. We will need more players in to perfect that style of play.

shmmeee

It’s tactical, we’re a lot less direct than we were last season. We will need more players in to perfect that style of play.

Yeah I think Palmer suits this slower build up more but still not quite there. I’d like an old fashioned classy number ten threading balls through and shooting from range/arriving late in the box, but I’m like that.

stupot07

To play the slow possession build up style you have to have the best players in order to unlock defences, when they are sat in behind the ball. Man City can do that, we don't have the players to do it. I would imagine even with this slower build up the majority of our goals have been scored on the transition or on a counter catching the opposition out of position.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If Palmer could get more consistent he would be a top player at this level, and if he could last 90 minutes on top of that he would be a good premier league player let alone championship player

messiahrobins

If Palmer adds end product to his maverick skills he is a premier league player. I think his ceiling is way higher than Ohare. Our problem is three fold:
1. Getting Palmer to play well consistently
2. Getting palmer to stay fit for a long period of time
3. Keeping him at the club if he adds end product to his game.

Sick Boy

If Palmer adds end product to his maverick skills he is a premier league player. I think his ceiling is way higher than Ohare. Our problem is three fold:
1. Getting Palmer to play well consistently
2. Getting palmer to stay fit for a long period of time
3. Keeping him at the club if he adds end product to his game.
Personally, I think Palmer has already reached his ceiling.

larry_david

Watford co comms who's lad is best mates with o hare, known him since he was 5 just said we've thrown 4 kitchen sinks at O hare but he wants to go elsewhere

wingy

that can't be true, our social media experts have been telling us its because King refuses to pay him 🤔
You've got to try and has he matched the 4player deal's+a signing on fee, I'm not sure about that but I'm sure we'll find someone new!

Users who are viewing this thread