Should small women enter the police force? (1 Viewer)

hill83

The problem people seem to have with Browns was that they felt they were the right clientele even when told they weren’t. Which I find funny like all pricking of pomposity. I was almost always hiding a “well I’m better than *that* person they let in” attitude

Aren’t you doing exactly that by stating that you don’t look like a wrongun or dress like a ‘chav’ as you put it. Coming across as a right arsehole mate.

hill83

Their tears weren't as sweet as those of the owners when their name was mud and the entire city boycotted them for turning away soldiers at a funeral.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

My mate was part of the lot that got turned away. I’ll admit I still went there a couple of times myself after all that but the boycotting was fully deserved. Never failed to get in there myself though, they used to do some good live DJ sets.

shmmeee

Aren’t you doing exactly that by stating that you don’t look like a wrongun or dress like a ‘chav’ as you put it. Coming across as a right arsehole mate.

You got turned away as well then?

Yeah I’m poking the people that are pearl clutching about not getting into a bar. They clearly wanted the scruffy student looking types and not people decked out in la cost polos. Some bars only wanted people dressed in button down shirts and black shoes. The only difference is there’s a lot more people in Cov in the latter group than the former.

I don’t see why one is more valid than the other TBH.

pastythegreat

to be honest the only place I ever got kicked out of was the Pink Parrot for being in the general vicinity when someone let off a CS Gas canister by the bar. I was gone from Cov in ‘93 and I haven’t been out much there since. The nightlife in Cov seemed to revolve around brawling & felt like it was stuck on 1985 or something. It’s my home etc etc but my god it was crap at night.
It didnt improve much either. Was around 2000/01 when I started going out. Colly mainly as I was only 15-16 at the time and was pretty easy to get in the colly.
Joined the army September 2001 and was based in/near numerous towns over the years. Not many towns i never went out and drank in, even small towns we'd end up out-out even if there wasnt an out-out to be had. Coventry and Peterborough are probably the 2 worst/moodiest towns I've been on the piss in! Newcastle and Belfast probably my 2 favourite. Cyprus was just one massive sesh for nearly 2 years. Iraq NAAFI was alcohol free

Ring Of Steel

I found Newcastle and Liverpool very similar- both very hedonistic and you’d find somewhere open at any time, lively as hell and brilliant... only difference was the type of night- Liverpool had ‘my’ kind of music and was all about clubs, Newcastle seemed to be much more pubs and straight drinking.

the best nightlife, and I’m talking by light years, was Berlin

Ring Of Steel

Yeah I’m poking the people that are pearl clutching about not getting into a bar. They clearly wanted the scruffy student looking types and not people decked out in la cost polos. Some bars only wanted people dressed in button down shirts and black shoes. The only difference is there’s a lot more people in Cov in the latter group than the former.

“scruffy looking student types” huh? Proper little elitist aren’t you

wingy

I don’t know why I would cry, I only ever went a couple of times and it was crap anyway. Plenty had bad experiences for no reason at all, and it was great when they got their comeuppance- so for you to be revelling in people’s nights being ruined for no reason is indeed a pretty twattish thing to say, I don’t know why you’d get off on people being treated like scum for nothing.
That really stank.

shmmeee

“scruffy looking student types” huh? Proper little elitist aren’t you

Eh? Do you even know what point you’re arguing? I’m an elitist because I say scruffy student types existed and chavvy townie types existed? I don’t recall placing either type above another other than when trying to wind up people who got rejected.

The point is that Browns wanted a certain clientele in their bar same as Yates or Gs or the Colly or the Dog. People just got upset with Browns because they felt they should be let in but clearly felt it was right for other bars to exclude people that didn’t include them.

I’m willing to bet these same people didn’t think the Dog for example was above them and didn’t care that they’d probably also get turned away from there.

The only elitist is you who seems to think people turned away from Browns have a god given right to enter any establishment they choose because they are gods chosen people or something. And not in fact, just people like anyone else.

Gazolba

I looked up the qualification requirements for the UK police force.
There is nothing regarding height or weight. However, there is a fitness test.
Here is some information on the West Midlands version:

It's interesting to see the requirements in other places.
Here's one for Western Australia. Based on this, I'd feel a lot more protected there than in the UK.

Last edited:

Grendel

Given your photo on twitter shows you seem to be trying to be a Charles Manson lookalike frankly anywhere that’s let’s you in I’d prefer to be barred from

pastythegreat

I looked up the qualification requirements for the UK police force.
There is nothing regarding height or weight. However, there is a fitness test.
Here is some information on the West Midlands version:

It's interesting to see the requirements in other places.
Here's one for Western Australia. Based on this, I'd feel a lot more protected there than in the UK.
Wow! I honestly cant believe how much running the west midlands police do for their fitness tests! Watching that I dont understand how all my teenage years I was NEVER caught running the back streets and back alleys around Tile Hill! Forever getting a legger from the old bill, and with that level of fitness I'm astounded they never caught me once

wingy

Wow! I honestly cant believe how much running the west midlands police do for their fitness tests! Watching that I dont understand how all my teenage years I was NEVER caught running the back streets and back alleys around Tile Hill! Forever getting a legger from the old bill, and with that level of fitness I'm astounded they never caught me once

Yeah.
But if they're short arses you'd do them on stride pattern alone.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The little buggers knew all the rat runs around Hermes Crescent on Manor Farm estate! Many a time spent watching them run rings round Old Bill!

Nick

Administrator

I am not too sure they keep on time of it, you see some about that are only going to run to Greggs before it closes.

Users who are viewing this thread