Match Thread Shrewsbury v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 4th Mar (2 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

After 2 dreadful games I'm giving this a miss. Shame as I believe Shrewsbury is a good piss up.

Dont blame you at all. I'm going but it could well be my last away game this season (except Wembley). Getting sick of driving all the miles and spunking money to watch shite performances week after week, Tuesdays first half just about tin hatted it.

vow

After 2 dreadful games I'm giving this a miss. Shame as I believe Shrewsbury is a good piss up.
Last time we went, August 2013 it was a draw 1-1, stayed over in The Shrewsbury, anyhow after the match we went to the boozer, Brooklands Hotel by the ground where we got talking to some Shrews fans, one of which was an impersonator, so asked firstly "hows business", he says "non-exisitent atm" I say "why's that, who do you do?" he replies "Gary Glitter".
Well, I could't stop laughing, poor fella!
And yes it's a good piss up in the Town centre, some lovely ol' pubs, very scenic.

Cov kid 55

Dont blame you at all. I'm going but it could well be my last away game this season (except Wembley). Getting sick of driving all the miles and spunking money to watch shite performances week after week, Tuesdays first half just about tin hatted it.

What about the second half - a spirited performance. Just need 90 minutes like that. Saturday, perhaps? Need to play an attack minded team, nothing to lose.

eastwoodsdustman

What about the second half - a spirited performance. Just need 90 minutes like that. Saturday, perhaps? Need to play an attack minded team, nothing to lose.

Yes, a nigh on 6 hour round trip in shit traffic make 45 minutes of ok'ish football a worthwhile exercise. I can't recall when we last put in a full 90 minute performance. Fingers crossed Saturday will be the first of a few.

Sky Blue Harry H

Might as well go all out attack now, there is nothing to lose

Have to say I predict a loss, but as another on here posted I can't believe you can get better than evens on a Shrewsbury win (won 5 in a row at home- ridiculously generous odds - ought to be able to fund our club's deficit in one fell swoop). Knowing City we'd then go and upset the apple cart. In all seriousness though, we should at least have a go with players in correct positions (no square pegs in round holes) and attack them.

fernandopartridge

My side, 4-3-3 / 4-5-1, what have we got to lose?

RCC
Kelly-Evans
Willis
Turnbull
Haynes
Reilly
Bigi
Stevenson
Beavon
K Thomas
G Thomas

Subs
Jones
Harries
Burge
Lameiras
Tudgay

covcity4life

My side, 4-3-3 / 4-5-1, what have we got to lose?

RCC
Kelly-Evans
Willis
Turnbull
Haynes
Reilly
Bigi
Stevenson
Beavon
K Thomas
G Thomas

Subs
Jones
Harries
Burge
Lameiras
Tudgay

havnt you heard? its not about shapes and tactics!

giphy.gif

johnwillomagic

Going 4-4-2 and us to win 2-0 when it's clearly too late!

Team

Rcc. Gk
Willis. Rb
Clarke. Cb
Rawson. Cb
Turnbull. Lb
G.Thomas. Rm
Jones. Lm
Reilly. Cm
Stevenson. Cm
Beavon. St
K.Thomas. St

Subs: Burge, Dke, haynes, rose, Reid, Lameiras, Tudguy.

Captain Dart

Gazolba

Yeah, why not.

Not sure we are capable of a clean sheet though.
The only place we'll find a clean sheet is in the toilets. And maybe not even then.
2-1 defeat.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...is there such a thing as "Shrewsbury" Police ?

Users who are viewing this thread