Sisu make official complaint over Coventry councillors' conduct (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Costs nothing? What are you on tonight. A simple audition with a barrister will cost you upwards of £2,000.

So what? In the grand scheme of things it's nothing and if it makes Lucas look over her shoulder after the way she has sold the cities sporting heritage it's worth paying.

Did you charge that when you worked in the game Tony?

Tonylinc

The real point here however is that our owners should stop pissing about with futile court action and get on with the job of running our football club thus re-diverting all funds currently supporting such actions.

Grendel

Yeah I'm sure that's all it will be, a single letter. They won't follow this up at all. At least you admit you were wrong when you said it would cost nothing.

No as the telegraph article doesn't suggest the club is paying? It suggests this is a Sisu matter doesn't it?

chiefdave

It’s understood Sisu have called for possible wrongdoing to be investigated in relation to secrecy, misleading statements, failure to act in the public interest and financial loss.

Well there's certainly been secrecy so it will be for someone else to decide if that was justified.

Misleading statements, that would be putting it mildly, Lucas has publicly admitted to this already. As I mentioned at the time it was odd that she pushed the blame elsewhere, implying it was the fault of Reeves and West, yet no action was taken against either of them.

Failure to act in the public interest? There's certainly a degree of subjectiveness in that. They've certainly failed to act in the interests of CCFC supporters.

As for financial loss, is the accusation that they have wasted / lost money or that they have not maximised their return. Given that the council used the interest that would be received in forthcoming years as a justification for making the loan now that they won't receive any will that have an impact on any decision.

I'm not sure what they're hoping for here. It doesn't seem much can come out of this that will benefit the club. Is it simply they're pissed off that the councils actions have had no consequence? Are they hoping that a ruling in their favour would move some fans to see the situation slightly differently?

At least we've got something to occupy the summer now!

Coincidence that the complaint is made on the day the the main claim under the judicial review collapses?

Given that a JR can only take in to account the situation at a specific point in time, in this case when they loan was given to ACL, how does anything that has happened today impact on the appeal ruling in the JR or indeed any future JR?

chiefdave

It says Lawyers prepared the complaint. I'm pretty sure they don't work for free.

An interesting thing for the CT to ask Sepalla would be if SISU have lawyers retained or are they being paid by the hour. If they are retained legal action is, in the grand scheme of things, going to cost SISU very little.

bigfatronssba

So what? In the grand scheme of things it's nothing and if it makes Lucas look over her shoulder after the way she has sold the cities sporting heritage it's worth paying.

Did you charge that when you worked in the game Tony?

I'd rather the club's debt to sisu wasn't increased out of spite thank you very much.

If we're going to waste money like that I'd prefer a couple of shit players.

Grendel

An interesting thing for the CT to ask Sepalla would be if SISU have lawyers retained or are they being paid by the hour. If they are retained legal action is, in the grand scheme of things, going to cost SISU very little.

Tonylinc seems to think they've already hired a barrister at £2 k per hour.

Grendel

So it's a fact then? Maybe Tim's coughing up for it out of his own back pocket.

No as Dave says they almost certainly have a legal firm hired to deal with disputes.

Intheknow

Given that a JR can only take in to account the situation at a specific point in time, in this case when they loan was given to ACL, how does anything that has happened today impact on the appeal ruling in the JR or indeed any future JR?

as I understand matters, the main claim under the JR is that the loan amounted to state aid and should therefore be repaid. As it has been repaid then it is now a non point.

Chipfat

All the sounds coming out from the club is that TM is about to sign and will be given a decent length of deal, if this is the case Sisu should be building a future not crying about the past.. TM will generate interest and belieif that he can get the team moving in the right direction, but if the behind scenes are court cases, PR battles and Letters from owners then players and managers will find it hard to group together thinking we are a forward thinking club...

If you are not strong off it you wil never be strong on it and players who say, we dont know or care about off the field matters and managers who say its not thier job to know are basically dodging questions.. They know and care, it effects them and takes away all a manager is trying to put into place,, to create togetherness, bonding and fight you have to have something worth fighting for.. If you believe what ever you do will be broken, split up or dismantled then you lose the ability to keep motivation and fight within the group...Sisu have to understand that everything they do or are doing is undermining the squad, the club and the ability to get us moving forward..

Wrong signals at the wrong time,,, Sisu build or fuck off and i dont just mean bricks and mortar...

chiefdave

You can't fault their tenacity or focus can you?

If only they wanted the same thing as me.

You have to wonder where we'd be if from day one they'd put the amount of effort they put into court cases into getting the club moving in the right direction.

Grendel

as I understand matters, the main claim under the JR is that the loan amounted to state aid and should therefore be repaid. As it has been repaid then it is now a non point.

You know fuck all then by the sound of it. Retrospective actions cannot be taken into account. Unfortunate as it would count in sisu's favour.

I'd stick to things you know about if I were you - like talking bollocks

Your not a car park attendant are you?

chiefdave

The common belief is that a ruling in SISU's favour would lead to a claim for compensation. No reason to think that has changed.

Interesting point though as if Wasps have paid the loan back out of concern that at some point in the future a ruling would force them to do so they must have some level of concern that the claims of SISU are valid.

Grendel

Why do all threads you are on become a playground squabble ?

Tell you what - I will do a deal.

If you admit you have made money out of Wasps being at the Ricoh I will not post for a month.

Deal?

italiahorse

You have to wonder where we'd be if from day one they'd put the amount of effort they put into court cases into getting the club moving in the right direction.

... And negotiated a deal at the Ricoh similar to Wasps rather than do it their way by moving the club. I'm sure they could have negotiated a deal by putting their accounts on the table showing the club will fold. Instead they pissed off CCC who just took the first deal that came there way.

Rusty Trombone

You know fuck all then by the sound of it. Retrospective actions cannot be taken into account. Unfortunate as it would count in sisu's favour.

It said in wasps bond prospectus that as part of the current litigation............

The relief sought by the claimant is as follows
a) a declaration that the 2014 Decision constituted (or perpetuated) the grant of an unlawful state aid;
(b) an order quashing the 2014 Decision; and
(c) an order requiring CCC to recover any unlawful aid.

SkyblueBazza

No as Dave says they almost certainly have a legal firm hired to deal with disputes.
Given the number of disputes they have ongoing at any one time it seems that half of SISU employees must surely be lawyers & barrister...& the other half accountants.

PUSB

Chipfat

Is it in the clubs favour to be consentrating on Courts, letters or any other form of claiming to be the victim.. Or is it in Sisu's favour!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. If you answer this question then you know who cares for the club and who cares for the unknown investors... The Club has to go forward not backwards,, no matter what you think people do, what they think or rights and wrongs of past doings..

Don't try to undo the past, create the future should be all that JS is thinking,, get TM, get fans in, build a squad,,, not stupid letters or threats.......

chiefdave

... And negotiated a deal at the Ricoh similar to Wasps rather than do it their way by moving the club.

A nice idea but from what I have been told the idea of moving out only came about as ACL refused to come to the table to negotiate a better deal for the club.

When I was told this I went back and looked carefully at PWKH's comments on here and he very pointedly always uses the phrase 'no formal discussions took place', of course at the time we all, myself included, lapped that up as evidence against SISU. With hindsight it seems it was a very deliberate phrasing, the implication being discussions were requested but didn't occur.

Intheknow

I am trying to work out what this retrospective action is.

And it is "you're".

Intheknow

The common belief is that a ruling in SISU's favour would lead to a claim for compensation. No reason to think that has changed.

Interesting point though as if Wasps have paid the loan back out of concern that at some point in the future a ruling would force them to do so they must have some level of concern that the claims of SISU are valid.

There is no claim for compensation. It is not that type of court action.

chiefdave

It said in wasps bond prospectus that as part of the current litigation.

Its been discussed often on here the limited powers the judge in the JR actually has and that a victory for SISU would lead to a second case where they make an application for compensation.

If anything I would say the sale of ACL to Wasps has increased the amount they might try and claim. Previously they could only really claim losses for the year at Sixfields, now they could be looking at a lot more. Of course they have the slight problem of needing to win the JR first.

italiahorse

A nice idea but from what I have been told the idea of moving out only came about as ACL refused to come to the table to negotiate a better deal for the club.

When I was told this I went back and looked carefully at PWKH's comments on here and he very pointedly always uses the phrase 'no formal discussions took place', of course at the time we all, myself included, lapped that up as evidence against SISU. With hindsight it seems it was a very deliberate phrasing, the implication being discussions were requested but didn't occur.

I'm probably a little naive but if Sisu showed ACL the true financial position of the club and where it was leading it could be scrutinised and sensible sliding scale of rentals could be worked on . Not submitting accounts could appear to be hiding them.

Users who are viewing this thread