Sky (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Is it on catch up yet? Missed it due to work (gutted). All other weekend games were on catch up but not ours?!! I'd love to watch it back

wantedDOA

Forest were definitely the favourites in Sky's eyes. 2 ex-Forest guests in the studio. Even the picture quality was messed up, the contrast was so high, it gave everything a reddish tint. Sheaf has blonde hair but through a Sky camera, he was a natural Ginger :)
I had just installed a new Oled TV and was about to send it back lol

slowpoke

I've seen a few places having Forest as a potential playoff team. Don't get it myself, they finished below us and haven't improved the squad.

Is it just manager name recognition from people that don't know much about the league?
Some places have us down as a relegation team I don’t get that !!

Ian1779

I've seen a few places having Forest as a potential playoff team. Don't get it myself, they finished below us and haven't improved the squad.

Is it just manager name recognition from people that don't know much about the league?
I think Bong is decent and Samba is a very good goalkeeper. I don’t see how they are better than us.

Legia Sky Blue

The 2 ex players had loose Forest connections but had also been commenting on the Fulham Middlesbrough game before us and I didn't think were designed to be particularly pro Forest. Harris kind of whispers rather than talks so is a strange pundit, but nevertheless commented on his recollections as a kid of Cov being a fixture in the top division. At the end of the game they focused on the great atmosphere and feel good nature of the day, so I just don't buy into the one eyed view that they didn't give us our due.

fernandopartridge

The 2 ex players had loose Forest connections but had also been commenting on the Fulham Middlesbrough game before us and I didn't think were designed to be particularly pro Forest. Harris kind of whispers rather than talks so is a strange pundit, but nevertheless commented on his recollections as a kid of Cov being a fixture in the top division. At the end of the game they focused on the great atmosphere and feel good nature of the day, so I just don't buy into the one eyed view that they didn't give us our due.
Likewise, I recorded it and watched it last night and thought it was pretty even handed

robbiekeane

I watched it through ESPN but believe the in game footage was the sky footage. The picture was absolutely terrible (at times there was a luminous white glow on some of the players) and the sound was even worse - like they had forgotten to turn off the canned crowd noise they used in covid. Cound't hear the crowd at all just sounded like fifa crowds.

I would've preferred iFollow coverage, and that's saying something

Happy_Martian

Yeah, mad how people say it's biased. They talked about us and the return home loads before the game.

Not saying it was biased. Though, to be fair, we don't get many ex-City players in the studio discussion segments. Cook and Morrison are the only two I can say I remember from our games last season. But the abysmal contrast levels of the coverage putting a reddy orange tint on things was quite amusing, after I'd realised that nothing I did on my TV would reduce it much.

Happy_Martian

The 2 ex players had loose Forest connections but had also been commenting on the Fulham Middlesbrough game before us and I didn't think were designed to be particularly pro Forest.

Acknowledge they were present for the earlier game and neither had any links to Fulham or Middlesborough but these weren't guys who had happened to buy a drink in the same bar as the Forest chairman or manager. Both had played for Forest (Harris was there 3 seasons) and Murray has just completed a playing contract for them, after signing in February on a free. So "loose connections" isn't the term I would apply.

Their comments may have been balanced but the optics of the studio conversation was certainly leaning towards Forest.

Loughborough Sky Blue

Commented a couple of times about how great the fans were. When we scored our first goal one of the commentators said the roar from the stand below them was incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread