Slade gone (4 Viewers)

SkyBlueRuffian

I know Ricketts wasn't brilliant for us but was always very vocal on the pitch and was excellent in the changing rooms with the youngsters, but we won't go there!!

AVWskyblue

Thats great and promise not to put my picture up again unless its voted for lol!:muted:
At least now the team will be selected and set up to play proper football, and if it is Sam Rickets he will use that midfield we played yesterday, just hoping he can get something going with the strikers too. A question, do you think he will favour Rcc above Burge?

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Young, up and coming, seems to fit what they've always been on the look out for!

Could do worse.

I'd much rather we go for someone to form a long term plan, but then if we got them now and it fell flat before the end of the season, we'd end up wanting them out before the end of the season too :)

Another example of our mis management. Would that be four managers in 1 season?

No one here can say if ricketts will be good or not. But one thing i thibk he does offer is the fsct hes just retired. He knows how todays footballers operate and wether they need a disciplinary or arm over shoulder etc

Terry Gibson's perm

Thought Fisher might have done it a bit nearer the trust meeting to muddy the waters

dongonzalos

Another scapegoat bites the dust when will the people at the top take some responsibility. When will somebody at the top be held accountable for either not having the ability to employ a manager capable of doing the job at a level that they find acceptable.
Or be held accountable for setting the overriding club strategy that leads to failure at every aspect of the club bar the academy, which they are also now putting at risk

Last edited:

Ibby

He's had his chance!!! Been there long enough ! Its a shame the Club is going down. Its has to be proper manager , who needs to come in and build the team.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
No one here can say if ricketts will be good or not. But one thing i thibk he does offer is the fsct hes just retired. He knows how todays footballers operate and wether they need a disciplinary or arm over shoulder etc

Think he would be a positive influence over a young squad

Let's hope he can bring more modern day tactics to the game, along with coaches

Terry Gibson's perm

The manager makes no difference under this basketcase regime.
We might as well put a monkey in charge.
We are rotten to the core and with Venus an Fisher still here nothing will change.

We had a monkey in charge lets try somebody who has some idea

Otis

If a new man is to be announced tomorrow it has to be Sam Ricketts surely.

Unless the board have been lining someone up behind Slade's back.

It's been a disastrous appointment.

He's come in and made a failing side even worse, despite 8 signings.

AVWskyblue

The manager makes no difference under this basketcase regime.
We might as well put a monkey in charge.
We are rotten to the core and with Venus an Fisher still here nothing will change.
Disagree I'm afraid, of course the manager makes a difference, if he can get these lads to gel and play with some pride as a TEAM also gain and keep their trust and respect then we will see a massive improvement. I do agree Venus and Fisher need gone ASAP though

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Ricketts as manager with Farndon to assist as he won't have much to do next season by the looks of the academy.

Or Turdgay but he must be just a manager and can't play:emoji_pray:

covcity4life

If a new man is to announced tomorrow it has to be Sam Ricketts surely.

Unless the board have been lining someone up behind Slade's back.

It's been a disastrous appointment.

He's come in and made a failing side even worse, despite 8 signings.
Least you got your answer to your worst manager ever thread

NortonSkyBlue

Slade was a shockingly bad choice in retrospect and I feel he was always pushing the shit back in.
I wish the same action was taken on Fisher for his abysmal stewardship of our club.
No lights on therefore no tunnel.

skyblue1991

Good riddance!

Time to get that manager who will instantly promote us back to League 1.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

wingy

Whoever would have thought, that Waggot leaving, could have had such an effect on the quality of leadership within the club.

lordy_87

Ricketts won't keep us up but will try to get us playing good football and give the younger lads a go. I'd imagine he'll have the respect of the players and let them play with freedom. At least we might go down with some kind of pride.

JL

trevelfarandwide

If it's actually true, good call, but too little too late. Plus, it was a gamble to appoint Slade in the circumstances...well, any manager is a gamble under this club's climate.

Give Ricketts a go, if he fails, oh well. If he doesn't, we may at least go down kicking and screaming, and take that into next season.

Whoever takes the job is bound by a climate of constriction, obstacles and inherent failure. We can but hope, yet again.

gears87

Wow 4 managers in one season ,hope the new manager gets the ball on the deck where most of these players have learnt to do instead of hoofing in the air

Users who are viewing this thread