Slade knows what he's doing..... (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

I sat at work earlier reading how Slade has sent back the remaining loans and left us with let's be honest, an incredibly thread bare squad. I was thinking to myself, what if the same happens that happened with Mowbray and Slade has big ideas about all these players he wants to sign and nothing materialises and we have to finish the season minus Harries, Stevenson, Willis and the 5 loans potentially. Then I remembered something.....

Slade isn't stupid, he's been in this situation before, he got Leyton Orient to a playoff final on frees and loans alone, and although we haven't got a lot to go on, I was there against Bolton and he certainly seems to be able to pick a player, the ones he wasted no time in bringing in certainly look like they add something to the squad, perhaps something you could say didn't happen with a few of Mowbays signings.

I think we might be in for an exciting transfer window with a good few players coming in either as loans or permenants. I just hope they have enough time to gel together before we get relegated and it all becomes trivial. However if he gets it right, keeps us up and has a summer to work with the transfer market and the players we have, who knows ?

Let's PLEASE for the love of God not turn this into another "Yeah but SISU". Let's forget about all the bollocks for 2 mins and remember when the most important and exciting time as fans was when we got a new manager, with new ideas and what could potentially happen if it all pays off.

PUSB

pastythegreat

Yes, agreed! The way I look at the loanees going back before replacements are found is, against Bolton on Saturday only 1 loanee played (the only one I would of kept tbf), and we almost snatched 3points from one of the best teams in the league! None of our loanees (with the exception of Sterry and maybe page), we're any where near good enough for this team/league. I think Slade understands this league and where best to look for players. In the mould of Chris Stokes we need to be looking at leagues below for players rather than tempt championship players we can't afford. I have a good feeling about slade! Never quite cut it in the championship but has proven his worth on a budget in league one 3 seasons running with Orient

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

Crowds won't increase even if he does well, we're at the wrong end of the table. Still i'm looking forward to watching decent football hopefully, it's been depressing for a while now to watch.

skybluebeduff

Yes, agreed! The way I look at the loanees going back before replacements are found is, against Bolton on Saturday only 1 loanee played (the only one I would of kept tbf), and we almost snatched 3points from one of the best teams in the league! None of our loanees (with the exception of Sterry and maybe page), we're any where near good enough for this team/league. I think Slade understands this league and where best to look for players. In the mould of Chris Stokes we need to be looking at leagues below for players rather than tempt championship players we can't afford. I have a good feeling about slade! Never quite cut it in the championship but has proven his worth on a budget in league one 3 seasons running with Orient

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Page was awful, I bet he was the first to be sent into the office to be informed he's going back down south where he belongs!

smileycov

Facebook User
i certainly feel a llot more confident than i did a couple of weeks ago. I do believe the players we have/had are better than they have been performing as a team. lets hope RS brings out the best of them, and can add quality and at least get us playing more like a team now.

steve82

Slades knowledge at this level is second to none, experienced the highs and semi lows as he's not been relegated before but seen poor seasons.

His positivity when you hear him talk before games and after is a breath of fresh air!!

He tells is how it is, no skirting around saying there just boys... he's identified the issues and gone to work to plug the gaps to make the difference.

Russell Slade the messiah!!!

higgs

Should have been installed as soon as he left Charlton. Penus has almost relegated us living out his footballer manager fantasys in real life at the expense of our once proud club

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Totally agree.

The only reason I'd bring sisu into this thread is by saying Slade is showing signs of dismissing the myth that they are entirely to blame for the summer transfer window.

I never blamed SISU anyway for the disastrous recruitment in the summer. Mowbray and Venus knew the budget but totally messed up then panicked.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Seriously give the guy time to get his feet under the table before making big assumptions about him and his ability. He has dealt with problem clubs before but our circumstances are quite unique, especially the structure and asset/ financial base or lack of it. Unlike many problem clubs there are several agendas and the club survival is not the primary one at Ccfc.

I wish him lots of luck and hope your confidence in him is well founded ..... we all know its a Hell of a tough job at Ccfc

Cov kid 55

Seriously give the guy time to get his feet under the table before making big assumptions about him and his ability. He has dealt with problem clubs before but our circumstances are quite unique, especially the structure and asset/ financial base or lack of it. Unlike many problem clubs there are several agendas and the club survival is not the primary one at Ccfc.

I wish him lots of luck and hope your confidence in him is well founded ..... we all know its a Hell of a tough job at Ccfc

Yes, we will have some poor results, and we must remember this positivity when things go wrong. I think this is a really good appointment, the best we could have hoped for, and I'm sure we all wish RS all the very best in what is going to be a very difficult task.

steve82

I never blamed SISU anyway for the disastrous recruitment in the summer. Mowbray and Venus knew the budget but totally messed up then panicked.

Initially I was a fan of TM, JC and MV set up, we were getting top young talent in, the wave was good to surf till Xmas, as we no things went down hill. TM said good things about having our own players and not being to reliant on loans and kids, so I hoped for a good summer of recruitment getting in suitable players for getting out of league one... quickly alarm bells were ringing.

TM for me failed to adapt to this level and seemed reluctant to sign players in the mould of Beavon, Clarke... etc players that will do the hard work required to compete with the rugged sides in the division.

TM had a whole season at league one so should of been able to identify players who would come and do the job... instead these players quickly joined other league one clubs, and left is down the kids and loans route and hide behind it every game when interviewed.

Sure he missed out on his targets but that just shows his flaws at assembling a team for league one.

Russell Slades a different game all together, happy to use league one/two players as long as they give all for the shirt and the cause, commitment and effort with there no how.

I really hope he pulls us clear and agrees to stay on as what ever the budget will be he's the best man out there to get a team together and do our colours proud.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, Mowbray kept saying he realised what was needed but just failed to act on it.

I think any fan who saw us play knew we needed a bit of grit and experience to put the boot in and play the dark arts of league 1, then he didn't sign anything like it at all.

no_loyalty

I think Slade will keep us up just, but next season we will be top half fighting for a playoff place

ccfclinney

The thing is, Mowbray kept saying he realised what was needed but just failed to act on it.

I think any fan who saw us play knew we needed a bit of grit and experience to put the boot in and play the dark arts of league 1, then he didn't sign anything like it at all.

We had that in vincelot but sold him for 80k sheer madness that was he was one of our best players and we didn't have a replacement. I think TM linked with Rotherham at the time delayed signings massively and MV confirmed that.

higgs

If slade keeps us up is he a banker for the job in the summer?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Never seen such a love in for a manager ehos failed to win in 3 and conceded 4 in 1 game and 2 last min goals consecurivly lol

And before anyone goes off on one im just saying its funny. I can see the positives hes brought about already

Otis

Yep.

He knows what he is doing based on his two weeks at the club.

Let's see how happy we are with him by the middle of March.

BackRoomRummermill

Sorry we had all this with TM, let's see how it's all going this time next month and this time next year, let's be honest he is getting paid to be a manger and not here for the love of Cov. Sorry to be a pooper but trying to be realistic , it's far too early to be getting moist about a manager who just figured the short cut to Ryton.

I am totally in support of him but I hate the idea of him getting bogged up only for you all to turn on him like what always happens here when the honeymoon period is over.

I am playing a watching brief on a guy who needs a job dealing with a pile of shite of a club.

Astute

Never seen such a love in for a manager ehos failed to win in 3 and conceded 4 in 1 game and 2 last min goals consecurivly lol

And before anyone goes off on one im just saying its funny. I can see the positives hes brought about already
How about remembering how bad we was before he took over. We lost so many games on the trot that I can't remember who we took the last point off.

steve82

I think the difference this time around is slade understands the requirements of this league and within days of the window he's gone and got suitable reinforcements that will do the job.

Paxman II

It's right to be cautious. But in Slade we see a man who wears his heart on his sleeve and demands much the same for his players. A sort of league 1 mentality. That's probably what we needed all along. In a short space of time he has galvanized the players and his couple of signings look very astute and did not waste any time doing it did he? he's even made Tudgay express himself!
And yes he seems like a breath of fresh air with his interviews and I would say the psychology around the place has changed a bit from "we are a big club" to "oh fcuk we are a league 1 club, time to roll our sleeves up"
Slade himself is not a 'celebrity manager' with a CV from the premiership. He will also want this job after the summer I suspect. Like the way he tackled those clowns from BBC Cov&war in the after match interviews too. Clearly takes no prisoners and won't care what others might think. He looks focused on the job in hand. That will feed down to the players.

shmmeee

Me every time CCFC hire a new manager and people get excited:

tumblr_n0depkitfa1syvo5io1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread