So if this is a forced takeover... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Why not share the plans?

I am pretty sure if they have a fantastic new owner lined up for us that is going to buy us a stadium, loads of good players, take us to the premier league then everybody will behind it won't they?

I'd certainly be behind replacing SISU and backing the plans to force them out if there's a plan there with a great owner waiting to swoop. Wouldn't every city fan?

Either that, or it is just a plan to destroy.

Godiva

Hoffman, Elliott?

Nick

Administrator
No, it is just regarding the rumour / talks of ACL / Higgs / CSF / Wasps forcing SISU out to bring in an owner of their choice.

While I can see very much how it looks like that and very well could be, can't see why they wouldn't be open about it and their plans and what they want?

Surely if they just said "as a council, we think x or y and their offer for the club would be better so lets force sisu out and give x or y the chance to invest and make ccfc the team it once was"

tom88

I've said on a numerous of occasions and been shot down for it.

I personally can see Wasp's taking us over as owners. There is more money in football, they will get double the income for not much more outgoings and the money in football for winning promotion, and the TV money is huge!

Nick

Administrator
I've said on a numerous of occasions and been shot down for it.

I personally can see Wasp's taking us over as owners. There is more money in football, they will get double the income for not much more outgoings and the money in football for winning promotion, and the TV money is huge!

So if that was the plan, why wouldn't they come out and say it? Why wouldn't they say how great they were going to make the football team again?

ccfclinney

Who's going to buy a club that don't own its own stadium .. getting kicked out its accademy facility .. Has a mortgage on training ground and doesn't really have assets .. Be a bit of an idiot if you did

tisza

No, it is just regarding the rumour / talks of ACL / Higgs / CSF / Wasps forcing SISU out to bring in an owner of their choice.

While I can see very much how it looks like that and very well could be, can't see why they wouldn't be open about it and their plans and what they want?

Surely if they just said "as a council, we think x or y and their offer for the club would be better so lets force sisu out and give x or y the chance to invest and make ccfc the team it once was"
it would be so toxic who would want it?
the legal battles SISU have been prepared to fight so far would be nothing compared to what they would do if they felt certain parties particularly CCC were responsible for forcing them out.

Colin Steins Smile

Who's going to buy a club that don't own its own stadium .. getting kicked out its accademy facility .. Has a mortgage on training ground and doesn't really have assets .. Be a bit of an idiot if you did
Exactly and the theory that Wasps would be interested in an amalgamation are deluded.

asiaskyblues

Sorry guys but are you aware what hedge funds do? They like to stress out companies to turn them around, but unfortunately for them people are now playing them at their own game. Do you honestly think Joy, Fisher or this Anderson bloke are losing sleep over our plight? This is a game to them and just hopefully they may see that the time has come to move on. They can't run even a Div 1 club so the writing is on the wall. One of the problems is they have completely drained us of any assets which is also a hedge fund game. The owner of Wasps doesn't seem interested unless he has a history of playing with companies like SISU and waiting for them to move. But when they have decided to call it a day there will be people interested in the club.

asiaskyblues

There will be many people waiting in the wings. We know some peole who would go for it if the price is right.

Grendel

There will be many people waiting in the wings. We know some peole who would go for it if the price is right.

Plenty of hedge funds probably

armybike

I personally can't see Wasps taking them over.

I also don't think some grand master plan has been put in place to oust SISU.

However, I was surprised by some comments the other day from people who continually profess to it being 'all about CCFC' and then saying if Wasps were to take us over they'd stop following the team.

What we need is a billionaire introvert to come along, chuck loads of money into the club and let the team take the headlines rather than the owner for a change.

Nick

Administrator
I personally can't see Wasps taking them over.

I also don't think some grand master plan has been put in place to oust SISU.

However, I was surprised by some comments the other day from people who continually profess to it being 'all about CCFC' and then saying if Wasps were to take us over they'd stop following the team.

What we need is a billionaire introvert to come along, chuck loads of money into the club and let the team take the headlines rather than the owner for a change.

So if it isn't to get SISU out, it is actively aimed at the club which makes it so much worse.

MalcSB

I just don't get who would be interested now even if SISU decided to sell. The club has no assets other than a few low value players. There are no guarantees that the council, Higgs or Wasps would support any new owner any more than they do the current ones.

Those who say they would be happy to drop down the leagues and start again must be deluded, the supporter apathy that's been evident for years makes that a non starter. I genuinely feel that if we fold we will be gone forever.

It is said that football clubs belong to the fans, not whoever happens to hold the purse strings. To me that means that the forked tongued CCC, a local charity and an imported franchise (if you want to develop a city of rugby there's a handily named town just down the road) are shafting the fans in their eagerness to gain revenge on SISU.

If only we could win something (anything), just so we could tell the council to stick their civic reception and reflected glory up their arses.

Rant over.

the rumpo kid

while I think sisu have taken about as much as they can, theres still always another drop left in the jar, I wont be surprised if theres another point deduction or transfer embargo before they go, and as for forced take over, doubt it, looks like wasps can have what ever they want without taking on us, and of course theres still the JR appeal .

Nick

Administrator
I just don't get who would be interested now even if SISU decided to sell. The club has no assets other than a few low value players. There are no guarantees that the council, Higgs or Wasps would support any new owner any more than they do the current ones.

Those who say they would be happy to drop down the leagues and start again must be deluded, the supporter apathy that's been evident for years makes that a non starter. I genuinely feel that if we fold we will be gone forever.

It is said that football clubs belong to the fans, not whoever happens to hold the purse strings. To me that means that the forked tongued CCC, a local charity and an imported franchise (if you want to develop a city of rugby there's a handily named town just down the road) are shafting the fans in their eagerness to gain revenge on SISU.

If only we could win something (anything), just so we could tell the council to stick their civic reception and reflected glory up their arses.

Rant over.

I think the fact that the council and wasps / higgs and acl can do what they want and get away with it is bad enough.

City fans were protesting because of the club trying to distress a company who managed a stadium lease, but just gloat when it is their club.

It wasn't so long ago people ( about 2, maybe 3 on here ) were justifying on here fighting with other fans of teams because of the love for their club, and defending it. None of that passion in sight now.

mrtrench

It's entirely feasible and I'd welcome it. There are hedge funds and there are hedge funds - we were just unlucky to get a crap one. I cannot see Wasps sitting on their hands and not investing when there's the premiership money beckoning. The big question however is if SISU would roll over; even if they had nothing to gain I could see them refusing out of spite.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Where did you hear this because nobody else seems to have heard it?

RegTheDonk

If this IS all part of a master plan take over, why wouldn't it be WASPs?

They have the lease, the muscle in with the Higgs, the cosy with the council. Hate what they've done but so far they've played a blinder, by putting their money where their mouths are they've helped stitch us up.

If SISU can alledgedly break even with 14,000 bums on seats, can't see why WASPs wouldn't want to have a crack if the price was right. After all, they would own all the income streams that we are told are vital to our survival.

Nick

Administrator

They have the lease, the muscle in with the Higgs, the cosy with the council. Hate what they've done but so far they've played a blinder, by putting their money where their mouths are they've helped stitch us up.

If SISU can alledgedly break even with 14,000 bums on seats, can't see why WASPs wouldn't want to have a crack if the price was right. After all, they would own all the income streams that we are told are vital to our survival.

Why wouldn't they spit it out with an amazing plan for what they are going to do and how they are going to benefit the club? Surely that would be something that most people would get behind?

Sick Boy

We all want sisu gone but what gives the council and wasps the right to play God with the club and bring in a owner of their choice??!!

Sick Boy

There is no evidence to suggest they want the club and why shouldnt they pump all the money they made from ccfc into Wasps? After all, they have no issues in lying to their own fans and moving a club permanently from it's home.

There would be nothing stopping them from completely rebranding us either.

Users who are viewing this thread