Match Thread Southend v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 10th Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Southend v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Suffolkskyblue

Hope it will be a better game than last year, that was dire! Tickets arrived yesterday so ever hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

Not going til after Christmas now to any away games, but we don't have a good record against these, so that's another factor why i'm not going to this one.

bringbackrattles

Am going , haven't missed an away game for 3 years but am struggling to motivate myself to attend at the moment .
Think we will lose 3-1 .
540 SBA
Mega respect on not missing an away game for 3 years. I thought I was doing well at only missing one home game in years !

CV22SBA

Missed only a handful of games in the last 15 years home or away, league & cup and this was a great day out last season but i simply cant be arsed to watch this shite and waste anymore money. It hurts and City were my life but i think i'm done.

covboy9

I'm going tomorrow the pubs and the night out were brilliant last year

I really don't care what the result is aslong as we play well, last year was totally gutless at roots hall

Rootshallbloke

I'm going tomorrow the pubs and the night out were brilliant last year

I really don't care what the result is aslong as we play well, last year was totally gutless at roots hall
Southend fan here. The word is that the barmaid at the Blue Boar that got her kit out for you lot still works there so you never know! On a more serious note how many do you think you will bring down?

Rootshallbloke

Not a clue, I avoid the Blue Boar like the plague and on match days its away supporters only. Those in the know have mixed views on her attributes but I guess it depends on the result. Last time I think she was offering sympathy after the game. no doubt there will be some on this board who were first hand witnesses.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

5-1 Southend.

wingy

Not a clue, I avoid the Blue Boar like the plague and on match days its away supporters only. Those in the know have mixed views on her attributes but I guess it depends on the result. Last time I think she was offering sympathy after the game. no doubt there will be some on this board who were first hand witnesses.
You cant beat a bit of travel to broaden your horizons

johnwillomagic

Think given injury feedback we will go 4-4-2 and may just pinch a 1-1 draw.
Team I think he may go with.

RCC GK
Rose RB
Page LB
Turnbull CB
Willis CB
Bigi CM
McCann CM
Jones RW
Reid LW
Sordell CF
Tudguy CF

Subs: Burge, DKE, Harries, Lameiras, G.Thomas, Ageyi, McBean

Be interesting to see what MV actually does today starting xi wise.

skybluejelly

I have a feeling we will win .. its a funny year play well when we are supposed to lose and and play crap the rest of the time..1-0 to city

Otis

I have a feeling we will win .. its a funny year play well when we are supposed to lose and and play crap the rest of the time..1-0 to city
Yeah, but you say TWD is good when it's crap and crap when it's good.

Will take your prediction as a nailed on defeat for us. :)

skybluejelly

Yeah, but you say TWD is good when it's crap and crap when it's good.

Will take your prediction as a nailed on defeat for us. :)
yes but thats because I don't really watch it until the evening ...(but I know it winds you up) ever since the glen episode

torchomatic

I think I've been to most grounds, 80 odd, but never been to Southend.

Anyway, I expect a repeat of last years' disaster.

Nick

Administrator
Simon Cox and Nile Ranger will be a physical test, then when they bring Fortune on I can see them giving our defence a bit of a torrid time.

We play 1 up front again and they will lap it up all day, Ferdinand will header long balls all day.

torchomatic

I am going to bet on 2-1 us!

Despite my better judgement I've just had a fiver on us to win. I'm not confident enough to predict a score as well!

Users who are viewing this thread