Sports that should not be in the Olympics (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Difficult to see how they will do climbing and surfing. They would have to hold the competitions somewhere where there are mountains and surf, unless they can somehow build an artificial mountain and an artificial ocean.

Sounds like one for Qatar

CCFC88

The problem with basketball is that no-one will ever beat the USA so there is no chance for any other country to win the gold. Eliminate the elite professional players and I would have no problem with it.

Argentina 2004
Russia 1988
Russia 1972

Australia pushed them close in this years competition in the group stages as well.

Just because the NBA is by far and a distance the best league in the world doesn't mean the players are all American.

The same applies with Baseball being added in 2020.

CCFC88

Golf - Would have preferred it not to be a standard 4 round set up. Maybe a long drive competition, a closest to the pin competition, things like that are more fitting of the Olympic way of life.

Gazolba

Argentina 2004
Russia 1988
Russia 1972

<snip>
In 1972 and 1988, the USA played college players and was beaten by the Soviet Union by 1 point (controversially) and 4 points respectively. The Soviet Union no longer exists.
I don't know who the team consisted of in 2004 but I doubt it was the US's best players..

CCFC88

In 1972 and 1988, the USA played college players and was beaten by the Soviet Union by 1 point (controversially) and 4 points respectively. The Soviet Union no longer exists.
I don't know who the team consisted of in 2004 but I doubt it was the US's best players..

USA Basketball team 2004 that lost to Argentina included 2 previous NBA MVP's in Iverson and Duncan, along with "elite professionals" Marbury, Odom, Stoudermire, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony.

Would you say that Froome shouldn't be allowed to compete in the individual Time Trial because he's won TT's at the TDF?

Users who are viewing this thread