Stewards @ The Ricoh Arena (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Dear All,

Can someone advise me of whom to file a complaint to against the stewards at the Football, I travelled all the way up to the Ricoh this morning from Exeter, I got into the ground five minutes late and then at half time due to some younger supporters in front of me I got evicted from the ground! I genuinely tried to explain my case, but the stewards wouldn't listen and they believed the bag of balloons next to me was mine, which it wasn't, I think I know which Steward reported me, he always gives me an evil look when I am in my seat and I don't think he likes the fact that I like to sing and shout a lot..

Can anyone advise the best course of action, because I had family in the ground today and they were upset to see this not to mention all the effort I made to come up for it all to fall down the toilet!

RoboCCFC90

So they thought you had sisu out balloons and kicked you out?

Yeah basically they thought I had brought in all the balloons, because the balloons were all getting batted around the seats and towards the stewards, there was also some Car Window stickers that the kids were sticking to seats and the walls, but because the bag was near me they assumed it was mine and were totally wrong.

covkid69

you got evicted for supposedly having a bag of balloons....takes the piss......dread to think what would happen if you had a bag of party poppers :D:D

RoboCCFC90

you got evicted for supposedly having a bag of balloons....takes the piss......dread to think what would happen if you had a bag of party poppers :D:D

I know all my friends and family were fuming but I just accepted it and walked out with the stewards, but bloody hell it was a joke! I am 100% sure though that one of the stewards in that part of the ground has it in for me.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No offence but there must be more to it, i am not sure who you complain to though, the club might be able to help!

RoboCCFC90

No offence but there must be more to it, i am not sure who you complain to though, the club might be able to help!

I promise you Nick that's what happened, I did nothing different today then I would on any other day and sat in my normal spot, Yeah I might go to the club, Thanks bud :)

covkid69

I know all my friends and family were fuming but I just accepted it and walked out with the stewards, but bloody hell it was a joke! I am 100% sure though that one of the stewards in that tea of the ground has it in for me.

just a thought but did them thar balloons have a fire safety certificate :D

RoboCCFC90

just a thought but did them thar balloons have a fire safety certificate :D

Now see I asked that when it first started getting out of hand, do you think they could of thought I was taking the piss?

ccfc92

Now see I asked that when it first started getting out of hand, do you think they could of thought I was taking the piss?

i saw the whole thing, i clearly saw you punch several stewards, throw flares, balloons and had a SISU OUT! banner, and the persistent singing and cheering on the team was a disgrace. you are not the kind of fan we need at the library, and i hope you are banned for life from all football games from grassroots upwards!

RoboCCFC90

probably but the knuckle draggers in orange are not known for their sense of humour

They apologised to me in fairness because they didn't think I was responsible, but they were told to evict me, it's been a bad day in truth cos then me and my GF split up as soon as I got out of the Ricoh! Not a good day :(

RoboCCFC90

i saw the whole thing, i clearly saw you punch several stewards, throw flares, balloons and had a SISU OUT! banner, and the persistent singing and cheering on the team was a disgrace. you are not the kind of fan we need at the library, and i hope you are banned for life from all football games from grassroots upwards!

LOL!! Damn forgot there were witnesses ;)

RoboCCFC90

No doubt balloons and stickers distributed by ACL!!

Haha Probably! Some lad who sits in the same row as me brought them in, but when the stewards asked me whose they were you could see they were looking for excuses to evict people so I said I didn't know, I am not a grass.

RoboCCFC90

Or my advice would be the Football Supporters Federation.

I will try both mate the frustration is coming up all that way, that's what does my head in because you make all that effort and when you know you haven't done anything wrong its a joke, I don't drink alcohol and I don't get aggressive, so I can't see the issue.. Cheers lads

RoboCCFC90

I do understand your frustrations though and the Steward problem is something that needs to be sorted out.

I hate to say it and it sounds like I have a vendetta against the stewards but a lot of them look like they don't have a clue

bigfatronssba

I will try both mate the frustration is coming up all that way, that's what does my head in because you make all that effort and when you know you haven't done anything wrong its a joke, I don't drink alcohol and I don't get aggressive, so I can't see the issue.. Cheers lads

You don't come accross as that sort of person, but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if you point blank refused to leave.

pusbccfc

Robo are you the group at the back of the corner, your mate being kicked out at half time? If so was a pure disgrace, no wrong was done!

elephanttears

The stewards at Highfield Road were brilliant i always thought, not brilliant in that they would let you do what you want, brilliant in the way they treated fans with respect and got respect back. I cant remember any issues between fans and stewards and fans were always well behaved at higfield road. Yes there were always isolated incidents but you get that anywhere with pissed up people. Whats changed?

RoboCCFC90

You don't come accross as that sort of person, but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if you point blank refused to leave.

Well a few people around me asked me "Why, What's he done?" And the stewards just asked me to come down stairs without a refusal so I did.

RoboCCFC90

Those balloons were everywhere! In your complaint, you should ask why Murphys son was allowed to carry one around the perimeter of the pitch! ;)

And also ask why people were allowed to stick car stickers on the walls and seats but weren't removed..

RoboCCFC90

The stewards at Highfield Road were brilliant i always thought, not brilliant in that they would let you do what you want, brilliant in the way they treated fans with respect and got respect back. I cant remember any issues between fans and stewards and fans were always well behaved at higfield road. Yes there were always isolated incidents but you get that anywhere with pissed up people. Whats changed?

I agree! New generation, new attitude and new rules, more than likely that they are warned of any hassle with fans ATM due to the situation.

SkyblueBazza

Thought we had CCTV to watch out for people such as yourself who cause trouble (allegedly) at football...so if you ARE a trouble-maker they SHOULD have you on CCTV - if not, they won't. Appeal on that basis...the steward(s) concerned must have some idea of the time this began to build into an issue for them & surely they report whatever the wrong-doing was & CCTV would focus on that section. So if you are in the wrong - they'll be able to show it to anyone that wishes to see it as they look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread