Stuart Linnell here, if anyone wants to talk (1 Viewer)

deanocity3

Respect to SL for coming on here and prompting a sensible discussion for once.

He will always be linked to that great day in 87 so I hope the relationship between him and the fans takes a turn for the better

He has been No.1 local sports presenter since 1980,thats 33 years you can't argue with that,even if he went away for a few years,most of us have grown up listening to him.love him or hate him he is coventry sport.

J

Jack Griffin

He has been No.1 local sports presenter since 1980,thats 33 years you can't argue with that,even if he went away for a few years,most of us have grown up listening to him.love him or hate him he is coventry sport.

To be honest, I've only listend to him in the last season when he presented the after match show. Adam, Geoff & Clive are the guys I've listened to in the past.

@richh87

Right.

I stayed on longer than I intended. Sorry if I didn't reply as quickly as your comments came at me, but dealt with them as fast as I could. Sorry of I didn't answer all, but I think I got to most.

Will do it again, if anyone thinks I should.

And I WILL post on twitter now, for the benefit of the doubters.

Goodnight all. #pusb

Please don't bother. SISU apologist.

psgm1

Banned
Thank you for your comments. You are entitled to your opinion. For the record I do no match day work for the club. I did, pre-Sisu and immediately after they took over, at a time when I was not employed by the BBC. I was and never have been employed by Sisu. On being engaged by the BBC to host sports programmes for BBC Coventry & Warwickshire, I ceased my match-day work for Coventry City Football Club.

What about post match comparing or award ceremonies? Aren't these club events? Or is C&W funding football cliub awards now?

AS you are a FREELANCE journalist according to YOUR own blog, isn't a tad ingenuous to say such a thing?

Have you been paid money for services provided by you from sisu?

Damn I wasn't online when he ws on. But ten again when Mr Linnell called me out LIVE on air, surpriise surprise no one was there to answer the phone!

If ONLY CWR would sack Mr Linnell!

A journalist? Wins award for fiunniest comment of the year!

dongonzalos

Right.

I stayed on longer than I intended. Sorry if I didn't reply as quickly as your comments came at me, but dealt with them as fast as I could. Sorry of I didn't answer all, but I think I got to most.

Will do it again, if anyone thinks I should.

And I WILL post on twitter now, for the benefit of the doubters.

Goodnight all. #pusb

Stuart would you prefer ACL half owned by a CCFC playing in the Ricoh with a grade 1 academy

Or

3 years in Walsall with no guarantee of a new stadium?

psgm1

Banned
4000 people for games at Walsall?

Is this person UTTERLY DELUDED?

The sole reason away following was so large in this level last season, as it was a way for fans to support the club yet still boycott sisu. Of course it IS possible 4,000 will turn up, but when you consider it was almost unheard of for the city following to go above 3,000 away (what was highest away attendance?), and it is highly likely the away fans will be the most active, then surely gates of 2,000 are going to be exceptionally high next season!

With a ticket costing for an adult probably around £25, you are likely to be getting £25k/match turnover for tickets, with NO additional matchday revenue. This is just commercial suicide.

Quite frankly if sisu think ACL are going to buckle because they are away for a year are utterly deluding themselves.

Even if they do no alterations to the stadium, because of not having to keep the pitch locked in for matches, they are not restricted to having concerts just in the off season, the doors for revenue streams beyond football just get bigger and bigger.

Sisu are on a hiding to nothing.

psgm1

Banned
Respect to SL for coming on here and prompting a sensible discussion for once.

He will always be linked to that great day in 87 so I hope the relationship between him and the fans takes a turn for the better

Linnell has burnt a LOT of bridges over this whole debacle. I certainly relate this idiot to the FA Cup win. Wasn't a player, wasn't manager, HOW is he linked to '87. Maybe in his OWN mind.

He has done an AWFUL lot that is way out of line. Certainly its time for him to do one like his sisu favourites.

The guy is a coward. "shout at me and I am gone!"

Have I walked away from a fight on this Forum YOU COWARD?

Fucking PROVEN COWARD LINNELL!

dongonzalos

Maybe 4,000, if that.

I genuinely think 500 is a very generous estimation.

If you read this thread later, what makes you think 4000 when the majority of Cov fans in any given poll say they will not go. We are averaging 11000 in Coventry under SISU

dongonzalos

Looking at 2k or maybe less for games away from the Ricoh.

Again 2 k?

The away fans who only travel away, Will still only travel away.

The majority of home fans say they will refuse to travel.

Others just won't be able to for various reasons.

This plan is PR at its worst

Lets get the bidding over and done with so the drivel stops

psgm1

Banned
Originally Posted by skyblue dan
Ogrizovic incident? what was that, i missed it.
Many years ago (it may even have been on Mercia) the keeper was not having the best of times. We lost an away game to Norwich. There was no TV coverage then but fans who had never been to the game were ringing criticising him and linnel was letting it go on an on.

In the end ogrizovic's wife called the show saying her son was crying due to the level of abuse he was getting.

It was appalling.

So are you telling me that this pillar of CWR allowed a torrent of abuse LIVE ON AIR from someone whose only link to the club was being married to a player? Does anyone have a reference to this incident? Any links to prove this (I don't doubt it one bit!)

And this "hero" has the gall to call ME a coward?

Definitely time for Mr Linnel to be SACKED. By attacking me and refusing to allow me to respond by refusing to pick up the phone after calling me out LIVE on air he shows Just how cynical this idiot really is!

Surely he should have been sacked over this - Why is the "independant" BBC allowing this to happen?

The guy is a disgrace to coventry, to the radio station AND himself.

He can go do one PERMANENTLY to Northampton - No longer required at coventry you sisu apologist!

CovisGod

Psgm1, please stop using caps lock to prove your points, your not 5 years old. In this thread you've brought up some valid healthy debate but its surrounded by arsey tween speak. I admire you for wanting to get your point across but please have a bit of self respect and do it in the right way,

YOU COWARD LINNELL! , Just embarrassing.

Godiva

Originally Posted by skyblue dan
Ogrizovic incident? what was that, i missed it.
Many years ago (it may even have been on Mercia) the keeper was not having the best of times. We lost an away game to Norwich. There was no TV coverage then but fans who had never been to the game were ringing criticising him and linnel was letting it go on an on.

In the end ogrizovic's wife called the show saying her son was crying due to the level of abuse he was getting.

It was appalling.

So are you telling me that this pillar of CWR allowed a torrent of abuse LIVE ON AIR from someone whose only link to the club was being married to a player? Does anyone have a reference to this incident? Any links to prove this (I don't doubt it one bit!)

And this "hero" has the gall to call ME a coward?

Definitely time for Mr Linnel to be SACKED. By attacking me and refusing to allow me to respond by refusing to pick up the phone after calling me out LIVE on air he shows Just how cynical this idiot really is!

Surely he should have been sacked over this - Why is the "independant" BBC allowing this to happen?

The guy is a disgrace to coventry, to the radio station AND himself.

He can go do one PERMANENTLY to Northampton - No longer required at coventry you sisu apologist!

I agree - it is unbearable when somebody just goes on and on ........

DazzleTommyDazzle

Missed all this excitement last night.....

I've been critical of SL's handling of these matters over the last few months, but much credit to him for coming on here and stating his case.

kg82

Psgm1, please stop using caps lock to prove your points, your not 5 years old. In this thread you've brought up some valid healthy debate but its surrounded by arsey tween speak. I admire you for wanting to get your point across but please have a bit of self respect and do it in the right way,

YOU COWARD LINNELL! , Just embarrassing.

He may not physically be 5 years old but, well... you know

torchomatic

God, there are some idiots on here. Good on you Stuart for coming on and answering questions.

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to Stuart for coming on. It wasn't like PGSM was actually going to phone up was it?

Psgm where was you meeting with sbt having a few pints?? Ive criticised stuart linnell but i take it back it was very good off him to come on here and face questions so stop knocking the bloke and deep down he wants the best for sky blues......

CCFC_GT

No. Peter K-H declined to come on at all at first. I would love to chair a debate with all parties together. Not likely at the moment, I fear, but we will keep trying.

Until definitely stated otherwise, CCFC Ltd is in administrations, not Holdings, and the latter still claims ownership of the club. No one has yet shown that can be contradicted.

I believe the date for next seasons arrangement is imminent, but off the top of my head here and now I don't honestly know what it is.

Stuart, I appreciate you taking time out to answer questions on this forum. If you return to this thread please answer these questions:-

1. As CCFC Ltd had a turnover of £10m in the May 2011 accounts and £9m in the May 2012 accounts per the administrators report, is this not strong evidence that CCFC Ltd, not Holdings, was trading as the football club?

2. What counter evidence has SISU provided to support its claim that the football club rests in Holdings rather than CCFC Ltd?

3. Have you or will you question Tim Fisher on these points?

I've just read through this thread and I am impressed by Mr Linnell for coming into the dragons den as it were. I was thoroughly disappointed with Deanocity3 for his constant hassling of Mr Linnell. Deano for all that you have done for the history of the club I was suprised to see your childish behaviour when people had a serious opportunity to question the guy as to why he accepts answers that are given instead of investigating them thoroughly. Maybe if you have nothing constructive to add to a discussion you could just stay out of it.

PWKH

Originally Posted by SLOnAir
No. Peter K-H declined to come on at all at first.

Indeed I did decline at first. I was up a ladder mending guttering when the producer rang. He told me that Fisher was on air and asked if I wanted to join in. I am sorry but that kind of ambush is at the lower end of professional. As there was nobody else available at no notice I then agreed. What point is Stuart Linnell trying to make?

jas365

Stuart, I appreciate you taking time out to answer questions on this forum. If you return to this thread please answer these questions:-

1. As CCFC Ltd had a turnover of £10m in the May 2011 accounts and £9m in the May 2012 accounts per the administrators report, is this not strong evidence that CCFC Ltd, not Holdings, was trading as the football club?

2. What counter evidence has SISU provided to support its claim that the football club rests in Holdings rather than CCFC Ltd?

3. Have you or will you question Tim Fisher on these points?

I asked these questions direct to him last night and asked him if he would put this to Fisher next time he's interviewed on air. He said he would "bear them in mind".....

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Indeed I did decline at first. I was up a ladder mending guttering when the producer rang. He told me that Fisher was on air and asked if I wanted to join in. I am sorry but that kind of ambush is at the lower end of professional. As there was nobody else available at no notice I then agreed. What point is Stuart Linnell trying to make?

Is this to do with cost cutting at the Ricoh PWKH ? While you're at it theres a leak by my seat when youve got the time could you have a look?

lordsummerisle

Surely you have a man "who does" for that sort of thing?

NorthernWisdom

The only point I see there is that you declined to come on at first, and then didn't.

Not everything has to have an agenda, does it?

Users who are viewing this thread