Substitutions (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

It isn't just this season. Even in league 2 it was the same.

The bench isn't the reason.

I thought we used the five subs rule pretty well last season TBH.

clint van damme

None of those are really game changers. I’d have had Sheaf in for Allen from the start but that’s a separate question.

I have some sympathy with Robins not making subs asmost of those those on the bench are either not up to it or not really game changers.
However, Tavares clearly is and Should have been given longer than he was.

stevefloyd

If Tavares keeps coming on with these important cameos he will start to get more and more game time...
How far is Eccles away now?

Nick

Administrator
I have some sympathy with Robins not making subs asmost of those those on the bench are either not up to it or not really game changers.
However, Tavares clearly is and Should have been given longer than he was.
Again, it's always been an issue not just now.

skybluepm2

Our bench was absolute dogshit. Why make a sub for the sake of it? Perhaps Lord Shitley would’ve made the difference..

We didn’t win today due to a culmination of appalling officiating and Blackburn’s gamesmanship. Saying that, we had the chances in the first 45 to put this to bed. Story of our season.

Hertsccfc

Could, maybe should, have brought Tavares on earlier but apart from that can’t see any other rational change we could have made today.

junglej13

Often critical of Robins for not making changes quickly enough. Must admit not sure what changes I'd have made today. Heard people saying he should have brought Sheaf on - not sure for who. The Blackburn changes at half time had a big change on the game and our defence found it tough to deal with.

Frostie

Often critical of Robins for not making changes quickly enough. Must admit not sure what changes I'd have made today. Heard people saying he should have brought Sheaf on - not sure for who. The Blackburn changes at half time had a big change on the game and our defence found it tough to deal with.

Blackburn had to make early changes because they got their team selection & tactics badly wrong & were fortunate to only be 1-0 down.

The irony of course is that because they made all their changes early they were left with an injured player on the pitch who failed to deal with the ball in for our equaliser.

Last edited:

rexo87

There's a few points here.

1. We have a tiny squad so subs make very little difference. No player but Tavares would have made a difference today.

2. People look at Blackburn and say they made early subs so why dont we? Their bench is ridiculous. Dolan us up there with the best AM's in the division and didn't even get on

3. Sick of people saying Sheaf should come on in games he doesn't start. He is a terrible sub. It takes him at least 15-20 mins to get up with the speed of games

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Godden was really good today. Linked play superbly, pressed well all game, won almost everything in the air and created our first. Are you alright?
In my sky blue tinted glasses he was poor by his own standards, struggled to control and hold the ball up and his passing was unusally sub standard, I cannot remember him having an attempt at goal except for the header he put wide where he had managed to be offside...again but he wasn't the only one especially in the 2nd half everybodys passing was utter garbage after our first half was so dominant

Perryccfc

Managers typically make subs around the hour mark. Interestingly we are at our best between the 60th and 75th minute, scoring more goals in this bracket than any other during the match. Could this be part of the reluctance to make a change during this time? By the 75th minute are we looking more the on top side so he feels then he can’t make a change? Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread