Suggested protest (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

12pm Saturday 1st June by Godiva statute? Is there any reason this cant be done?

pusbccfc

Why doesn't someone ride through the streets of Coventry naked:whistle:

TurkeyTrot

Any sort of protest needs to be well organised. If 30 fans turn up because it wasn't organised properly SISU could take that as a mandate to continue their plan. Also there's some legal requirements that need to be addressed I would think.

italiahorse

Waste of time ..........
Who you protesting to ?

SISU don't give a toss about what the fans think and 'blindly' rely on the confusion to position themselves for their next move.
SISU need to realise that they will only succeed if they have the fans on their side.

We, the fans, need some method of 'clearly' advising SISU that we will not support a stadium outside Coventry. This is the ONLY way of stopping this farce.
A protest like this is no different to what we have done before at matches and could potentially make our case worse particularly if it was to get out of hand.

We need immediate direction from the local authorities to advise SISU that no other stadium would be considered on the grounds of there is no support for it.
We need the Football League to advise the administrator that the Golden Share is with the part of the club in administration because that is where they have been led to believe it is.
We need the FL to advise SISU that they need to play at the Ricoh until SISU come up with a plan that is viable.
We need ACL to be fair in their charges for use of the Ricoh based on giving the club a fighting chance based on the new fair play rules.
We need ACL to realise that the Football Club 'is' essential to the viability of the Ricoh and I suggest only breaking even on CCFC using them essentially as a loss leader and making their money on the other concerns.
We need SISU to realise they cannot make a go of this business and not destroy this football club because they have been unable to achieve their business aims with brute force.
We need SISU to be big enough to walk away, apologise and give us a chance.

Essentially stand our ground on where we want to play and the rest will fall into place.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
SISU (or Seppala at least) struggles to know where the Ricoh is. She'll not have a clue where Lady Godiva is stood. If she heard there was a protest outside Cathedral Lane, she'll think we're outside a potential new stadium and ask CV1 to negotiate a deal to play there!

Covcraig@bury

This is why the trust need to get this sorted. There are around 2000 members and I'm sure a fare few would turn out. It also give sbt to enrol new members.
Time for action not talk !

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I thought the trust weren't sisu out so how can they arrange a protest to shout sisu out?

Covcraig@bury

So your saying the trust are pro sisu ?
I want my money back !
They're meant to be the voice of the fans ?
Who are these people ?

oakey

No, just that they are meant to be impartial aren't they?
Why should they be impartial? They should look at the evidence and then act in the best interests of the fans of CCFC.
The days for trying to see all sides are over.
Do you always advocate staying on the fence whilst events escalate? Appeasement?
This is what SISU are relying on, fans sucking their teeth and saying, "well, both sides are to blame." until there is no club left to support.

Nick

Administrator
Why should they be impartial? They should look at the evidence and then act in the best interests of the fans of CCFC.
The days for trying to see all sides are over.
Do you always advocate staying on the fence whilst events escalate? Appeasement?
This is what SISU are relying on, fans sucking their teeth and saying, "well, both sides are to blame." until there is no club left to support.

So the trust cut all ties and sisu stay
t in charge, what then?

oakey

So the trust cut all ties and sisu stay
t in charge, what then?
Trust should not cut all ties. They should continue to talk to all parties. That is pretty useless if they are on the fence.
If SISU continue with their plans we starve them of cash until they sell or liquidate. If the latter we start again.

Nick

Administrator
Trust should not cut all ties. They should continue to talk to all parties. That is pretty useless if they are on the fence.
If SISU continue with their plans we starve them of cash until they sell or liquidate. If the latter we start again.

Surely arranging a sisu out protest is cutting ties? There was a meeting with the administrator and a lovely joint statement was made but now he is a sisu devil.

SkyblueBazza

Sorry to rain on the parade (pardon the pun) - you need to organise police/authorities agreement (closing roads etc) too. That's takes what no party has: TIME
Need the parade today really, before any further progress is made - but doubt if anyone it would be aimed at would even be aware of it taking place until Monday morning earliest. That serves to neutralise the impact.

italiahorse

So your saying the trust are pro sisu ?
I want my money back !
They're meant to be the voice of the fans ?
Who are these people ?

Most people just want to watch football.
You will get protests at most clubs who want the backers out for one reason or another.
It all comes down to the team not being successful on the pitch and the fans wanting more money thrown in.
I must admit SISU are garbage but its just another club protesting and no one will be interested particularly SISU.

We need to vote with our feet, but we need to get this over to SISU before they waste their money on a new stadium that will destroy the club.
Channel all our efforts through the Trust. The Trust will get better but we need one voice.

We have done shouting 'SISU OUT' and it doesn't work so lets try something else.
Get involved with the Trust, make it what you want and lets move on.

Covcraig@bury

The season is long over, what do people want to do ? Wait for the beginning of the new season to protest !! I would rather start sooner rather than later .
The Trust are talking to all parties, let it continue.
But we need to go global with this as I feel the media are not giving us the coverage this issue deserves .
You can protest with your feet when the season starts first game. By then it may be to late !!!

italiahorse

The season is long over, what do people want to do ? Wait for the beginning of the new season to protest !! I would rather start sooner rather than later .
The Trust are talking to all parties, let it continue.
But we need to go global with this as I feel the media are not giving us the coverage this issue deserves .
You can protest with your feet when the season starts first game. By then it may be to late !!!

The big story for the media is when SISU say they are not playing at the Ricoh. People frown on protesters particularly those protesting where they are trying to shop.

letsallsingtogether

They should act upon the what the majority of there members want anyway don't believe that they are trying to organize this only giving there personnel views just like anyone on here.

politicians do this all the time they follow a remit but have their own views
No, just that they are meant to be impartial aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread