Suggested protest (1 Viewer)

lifelongcityfan

could be 11 if the likes of you who do FA actually did something instead of just accepting crap

Totally agree, although in the minority, there are too many on here that just pour scorn on every initiative.seldom do they offer any alternative.

To my mind, Timmys first meeting is an obious choice as is the first home game- peceful but noisy. Press would be present and valuable publicity.

Covcraig@bury

Here we go again! Everyone making up something or nothing. Excuses for whatever .
Has anyone on here got some balls. Or should we just throw the towel in ?? Liberal Lilly livererd fence balancing leftys. Totally pissed off with the lack of fight on this forum . Shame on you all. Lets roll over and die !!!!!!

Sky Blue Pete

I think we need a focus, an identity and some momentum. A few hundred outside the statute with the statement, 'not a penny more' would be a good start and something to build on. We are the past, present and future of coventry city football club not fisher or Appleton and we need to start telling people

quinn1971

I think we need a focus, an identity and some momentum. A few hundred outside the statute with the statement, 'not a penny more' would be a good start and something to build on. We are the past, present and future of coventry city football club not fisher or Appleton and we need to start telling people

Lets make something official now then.it only needs mentioning on twitter and a facebook page made for it.at least we'll know if the people of coventry do care about their club or not.

ccfcway

100 fans outside the 1st forum, who could be heard on CWR etc would carry way more weight than poeple standing outside cathedral lanes

quinn1971

100 fans outside the 1st forum, who could be heard on CWR etc would carry way more weight than poeple standing outside cathedral lanes

Good idea but wouldnt a Saturday in the town centre get more attending .someone's already mentioned the first of june @ 12. Could start at the cathedral ( very apt seeing as our clubs in ruins too) and walk into broadgate.few banners.just need enough people to make it worth it.

Totally agree with the protest being at the forum, not necessarily outside though. Get as many inside as possible with the rest outside and has to be a noisy protest to disrupt Fisher's bullshit.

Bluegloucester

Totally agree with the protest being at the forum, not necessarily outside though. Get as many inside as possible with the rest outside and has to be a noisy protest to disrupt Fisher's bullshit.

I think he would take that as a positive. ie, he tried to put his point across but got shouted down.

Has it been said yet where and when these forums being held or are sisu only telling there sisu loving tribe when and where they are so grendel and cwr can kiss there asses!!!!

ccfcway

Has it been said yet where and when these forums being held or are sisu only telling there sisu loving tribe when and where they are so grendel and cwr can kiss there asses!!!!

someone somewhere will be invited, so as a result, it will get found out before the event !

Imagine "IN OUR COVENTRY HOMES" blasting out outside as they are doing to forum !

wingy

Someone posted on here this morning that they'd also recieved the TF phonecall and declined after a conversation to attend a Forum in around 2 weeks at Ryton IIRC.

wingy

Someone posted on here this morning that they'd also recieved the TF phonecall and declined after a conversation to attend a Forum in around 2 weeks at Ryton IIRC.

Edit;- here it is @ ryton next week.
Not sure if this fits into this thread, but do not know how to start another one anyway, so...

My Sunday morning was just disturbed by a phone call from Tim Fisher! I'm sure he has made many of these but I was still taken aback. He said that over 1500 fans have already signed up to attend fans forums over the next 2 weeks and he wanted me to come to a small group forum at Ryton next week, as I made some interesting comments in that questionnaire they sent out.

He asserted that this situation was all about a sustainable business model which was impossible to achieve at the Ricoh and he quoted some statistics to support his argument. He does talk well and has clearly said the same things many times, so I cannot claim to have hit him with many convincing counter-arguments!

I did manage to make the point that SISU's credibility was so low, and he was so closely associated with them, that I did not believe anything that he said. His counter to my statement that moving away from the Ricoh would destroy the club as very few fans would follow us to a borrowed ground was that SISU have committed to support these losses for 3 years until a new stadium is ready. I really don't believe that would prove to be true.

I declined his offer to attend the forum, as I live so far away and I have so little belief in anything he says, which he said was hard for him to take.

It was a civil conversation - I see no value in being abusive to anyone - but it did not alter my view on things - I'm still firmly in the NOT A PENNY MORE camp!​

Bluegloucester

Edit;- here it is @ ryton next week.
Not sure if this fits into this thread, but do not know how to start another one anyway, so...

My Sunday morning was just disturbed by a phone call from Tim Fisher! I'm sure he has made many of these but I was still taken aback. He said that over 1500 fans have already signed up to attend fans forums over the next 2 weeks and he wanted me to come to a small group forum at Ryton next week, as I made some interesting comments in that questionnaire they sent out.

He asserted that this situation was all about a sustainable business model which was impossible to achieve at the Ricoh and he quoted some statistics to support his argument. He does talk well and has clearly said the same things many times, so I cannot claim to have hit him with many convincing counter-arguments!

I did manage to make the point that SISU's credibility was so low, and he was so closely associated with them, that I did not believe anything that he said. His counter to my statement that moving away from the Ricoh would destroy the club as very few fans would follow us to a borrowed ground was that SISU have committed to support these losses for 3 years until a new stadium is ready. I really don't believe that would prove to be true.

I declined his offer to attend the forum, as I live so far away and I have so little belief in anything he says, which he said was hard for him to take.

It was a civil conversation - I see no value in being abusive to anyone - but it did not alter my view on things - I'm still firmly in the NOT A PENNY MORE camp!​

Good on you

Brighton Sky Blue

It was Swanage SkyBlue BG ,Obviously a chap of high order.
There are one or two interesting lines in there which give rise to the TF strategy and i have to say the games up if that really is the best he can do.

His comment about SISU funding losses directly contradicts answers given to the Trust several months ago. The man is a barefaced liar.

swanageskyblue

It was Swanage SkyBlue BG ,Obviously a chap of high order.
There are one or two interesting lines in there which give rise to the TF strategy and i have to say the games up if that really is the best he can do.

Thank you Wingy for your compliment - though entirely undeserved, and I have no idea why I got the call from the Big Man!

Aside from the fact that the dog was hassling me for a walk and the missus was waiting for a lift to church, the other thing that threw me was his opening line which was "If there is one thing that I am possibly guilty of in this role, it is that I have not communicated enough with fans".

There are so many retorts I could, and maybe should, have made, but my flabber was so comprehensively ghasted that I just listened quietly to him!

I forgot to mention earlier that, later in the conversation when I said it made no sense to leave Coventry for the sake of a few hundred thousand in rent and F & B income, he said that we would very soon be putting out a pub side if we did not sort out the income streams, as it was millions of pounds a year that were not being realised as a result of the Ricoh situation.

He then started talking about him and Waggy at Charlton, by which time the missus and dog had formed a strategic alliance which threatened my immediate wellbeing and I had to end the conversation!

letsallsingtogether

we made a so called £60 million debt while Sisu have been here so they can afford to make a bigger loss then that for the next 3 years paying rent at another ground no fans no income they have to be living in cloud cuckoo land someone needs to ask him this question as I have not been invited:censored: as for a pub side that is what we will be left with next season the way things are going........

wingy

we made a so called £60 million debt while Sisu have been here so they can afford to make a bigger loss then that for the next 3 years paying rent at another ground no fans no income they have to be living in cloud cuckoo land someone needs to ask him this question as I have not been invited:censored: as for a pub side that is what we will be left with next season the way things are going........

Thought they ran us like one under Thorne

hitmanhearns

I´ll fly in from Sweden for a good old protest.

Action is needed but Coventry are no longer known for raising from the ashes, that generation died out long ago apparently.

The armchair-what a comfortable fattening invention...

quinn1971

Yep rise from the ashes!!!

Looks like its gone quiet on the protest front.It might not make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome if we do have one, but at least we will have tried. Place, date and time is all it needs and fans that care about the club.

Grendel

The forum is to discuss alternate grounds and sell the concept. All supporters contacted should reject the invitation.

letsallsingtogether

Can't see why they are hand picking supporters should have been open to all just another SISU Scam to make it look like the supporters are on their side NO GO JUST PICKET
The forum is to discuss alternate grounds and sell the concept. All supporters contacted should reject the invitation.

Grendel

I dont agree with you what will be will be leave them alone if they wnt to go dont hinder them hope I'm invited so I can show my support for Tim

Picketing has negative imagery. The press would have a field day. 100% rejection of the invitation is far more powerful.

DaleM

Picketing has negative imagery. The press would have a field day. 100% rejection of the invitation is far more powerful.

IMO A negative imagery of SISU making the press would be ideal. Fingers crossed it gets picked up by the nationals .

ccfcway

Quick question swanage....

Most people believe they are hand picking people for these forums based on how they answered the questions.

What did you say ?

Users who are viewing this thread