Super league nonsense (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

They already do?

Yes. And they can already fuck off.

I’m not sure what you’re driving at but between this and the clusterfuck of fixture times I’m saying the TV money isn’t worth it. It’s the big six holding up everything and blocking progress. So fuck em. I’d rather have a league with slightly lower quality players (if that’s even what would happen) than everything beholden to plastic fans in Dubai or whatever

Skyblueweeman

How many points do you have? You openly admit you hardly ever attend
Working with the club, I tend to get tickets via them.

And you're right, I have admitted that. It's a 300 mile round trip for a home game. I've got two young kids and I run my own business which sometimes includes weekend work. Not that I need to explain myself to you.

Doesn't it help to have more fans, even if they can't go that often?

clint van damme

Wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Saudi teams eventually getting in through some loophole as well

If they don't they'll end up in the CL, I said it on here ages ago.
Unfortunately money talks

Reactions: AOM

Skyblueweeman

So you’re a plastic fan then. I am a far superior supporter of this club than you are.

Go Ahead Yes GIF

slowpoke

And of course what or if whatever league they come up with someone will finish top and someone no matter how rich will finish bottom
I think the premier is becoming devalued now, there’s more media interest in fourth spot than top.

Skyblueweeman

Perhaps you should come watch us some time. Got some decent players you might enjoy it. Sadly Mcsheffrey left years ago so you probably won’t recognise anyone
I mean, I've seen a lot of them closer up than you, but ok.

Oh no, McSheffrey has left??

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

wingy

Of course. If you win an EPL title with no Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc, of course it devalues it.

The FA Cup was devalued the year Utd chose not to enter.
Good ,we can back real football, I assume you would consider it benificial to business?

Skyblueweeman

Good ,we can back real football, I assume you would consider it benificial to business?
To my business? It wouldn't make a difference as I don't look after the clubs that would be going.

If it meant Cov went up into the top flight and I was still looking after them, then yeah, potentially.

And I do agree with the real football bit. All about greed now.

shmmeee

That's obviously not what I'm saying.

That’s the truth right now though isn’t it? It’s even ruined the Championship and before long probably L1 as well. Sick of starting the season by blocking off the top few spots for the clubs with orders of magnitude more cash.

clint van damme

Let them have it but kick them out of the English and UEFA system.

English football returns to competitive past, retains interest of millions of people and drops the plastics. Happy days.

Yeah, be quite happy to see them fuck off now rather than have this bollocks every few months until they get their way

Reactions: AOM

David O'Day

was boosh the man who can't afford a coat that fits really having a pop at someone who works with the club getting tickets from said club?

Liquid Gold

Yeah, be quite happy to see them fuck off now rather than have this bollocks every few months until they get their way
They're already rigged this system in their favour with the absurd new Champions League format and so many teams qualifying through their coeficciant ranking.

Let the whole lot jump ship to the money league.

English football pyramid will withstand it.

UEFA returns to proper European Cup of only champions in knock out format, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup. Gets some interest back into FA Cup too.

If it goes tits up and they want to come back they start where Bury/Wimbledon did.

SkyBlueMatt

Tempted to let them get on with it and reclaim domestic football a bit. Was always keen it all stayed together, but not so sure now.

We may have missed getting promotion last season, but not sure during the season we really missed not being in the top flight.
This, I'm hoping they go. Even if we got to the PL, the likelihood is we will never compete. Look at the bottom 3 this year. Goodbye, good riddance. Though I would feel for the REAL fans of those clubs.

The money will dry up and quality will drop but at least we might have a chance of getting back to a proper football pyramid.

I know some teams could go to the wall but there would be an agreed timeline. 2/3 years to get your finances in order and salary under control.

Caps on wages, transfers & ban any loans to or from super league teams.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

David O'Day

the judgement today doesn't actually say the esl has to be allowed, it actually clearly states that this is not what the judgement is about

SBT

Yes. And they can already fuck off.

I’m not sure what you’re driving at but between this and the clusterfuck of fixture times I’m saying the TV money isn’t worth it. It’s the big six holding up everything and blocking progress. So fuck em. I’d rather have a league with slightly lower quality players (if that’s even what would happen) than everything beholden to plastic fans in Dubai or whatever
Well I’m saying the horse has already bolted on this one - the UCL has already had a massively distorting effect on European football, so I’m not sure why this new ESL proposal is the straw that breaks the camel’s back for you.

I also find the idea that English football can be magically fixed (if it even needs fixing) by sacking off the biggest teams to be fanciful at best. Globalisation is happening whether you like it or not, we’re not going back to the Ron Manager days.

wingy

It's partly why you I want Var sacked off there will at some point be advertisements filling the pauses.

shmmeee

Well I’m saying the horse has already bolted on this one - the UCL has already had a massively distorting effect on European football, so I’m not sure why this new ESL proposal is the straw that breaks the camel’s back for you.

I also find the idea that English football can be magically fixed (if it even needs fixing) by sacking off the biggest teams to be fanciful at best. Globalisation is happening whether you like it or not, we’re not going back to the Ron Manager days.

Not with that attitude!

It’s only sacking them off if they won’t play ball. The entire sport is distorted around the needs of a few clubs. I’m not sure that’s as inevitable as you seem to think. Not am I sure it has anything to do with globalisation. It’s mostly greed and getting away with it because they threaten to fuck off. I’m saying fuck off then because the constant demands are getting too much. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

And this isn’t sudden. I’ve been saying fuck off after the parachute payments and the academy stuff, and everything else. TBH it’s the joke of a fixture list that was the straw if anything.

covcity4life

Think no need to panic. I just can't see it happening in a way that the clubs leave their domestic leagues. The big clubs now know how important domestic league is to fans.

Super league will be a cL alternative. Midweek and alongside domestic I imagine.

CL is now becoming a mini superleague. With 3 36 team leagues. Big clubs are pricks for wanting guaranteed spots though and that's why super league is a worry. I hope that never happens.

I hope it just sticks with uefa and the CL personally

wingy

Think no need to panic. I just can't see it happening in a way that the clubs leave their domestic leagues. The big clubs now know how important domestic league is to fans.

Super league will be a cL alternative. Midweek and alongside domestic I imagine.

CL is now becoming a mini superleague. With 3 36 team leagues. Big clubs are pricks for wanting guaranteed spots though and that's why super league is a worry. I hope that never happens.

I hope it just sticks with uefa and the CL personally
There's always a need to panic captain mainwearing.

Users who are viewing this thread