Terrible decision from Venus (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Got tonight right, but dont want him to get the job ;)
So who do you think can do a better Job ?

We've had the Experience manager in Tony Mowbray and he Failed .

Personally I think it doesn't matter who the manager is !!!

With the Owners we have we're UP THE CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE . :nailbiting:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Didn't say we had, just all the "it doesn't matter who the manager is", "nobody can do a better job" type stuff has been shown up again.
One Swallow doesn't make a Summer . :facepalm:

Grendel

lol same thing every day

he got us playing with identity of passing footy, he put a good squad together with more long term contracts. thats what i think venus is building on.

anyone who thinks we were ever in danger of relegation is an idiot.

I've never really considered giving up on watching the team but the first games I'd seen this season under Mowbray were turgid tripe and I'd have struggled to maintain interest. It was boring sterile crap.

covcity4life

I've never really considered giving up on watching the team but the first games I'd seen this season under Mowbray were turgid tripe and I'd have struggled to maintain interest. It was boring sterile crap.
lol why are quoting a post from days ago? did i hurt your feelings about bigi? is this your revenge? ahahah child

mowbray kept us unbeaton at ricoh. thanks tone!

hill83

146476-javert-beating-dead-horse-gif-oRL9.gif

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Got tonight right, but dont want him to get the job ;)
The last few weeks has blown that shit out of the water.
Didn't say we had, just all the "it doesn't matter who the manager is", "nobody can do a better job" type stuff has been shown up again.
Mick, I like the way you edit my post to suit your point of view .

When I replied to lbby's post, regarding don't want him Mark Venus to get the job !!!
you misunderstood what I was saying , I personally think Mark Venus should do the job permanently ( that's if he wants to )

Now let me try and explain my point of view regarding my [ QUOTE ] " it doesn't matter who the manager is "
Next year is the 30th anniversary of are FA CUP WIN and since that time to the present day, Managers have come and gone
young and old , experienced Managers , inexperienced Managers and a lot of those Managers ( before sisu )
had the backing of the the owners , had the backing of the Chairman to buy QUALITY player's .
And the Football Club has won Nothing !!! just relegation and decline .
So good luck to who ever the Manager is under SISU .

So Nick I have a Question for you , where do you see the club in five years time ?

Nick

Administrator
I haven't edited your post? I quoted it.

5 years I'd say league one, yo yo championship team at the very most.

The football club doesn't have the money to buy lots of players does it? We aren't in the same position as 30 years ago.

Football has changed massively since then too.

We are in league one.

rupert_bear

Let's see what happens January McCann leaves along with a couple of loanees, they will need replacing along with any others should they be sold I think the transfer window will tell us a lot about the whole scenario. As for Venus for manager ? Why not

Otis

I do think we should be slightly concerned that Venus put the wrong team out in the first place rather than just heap praise on the two substitutions made to change the game.

Astute

Amazed that no one has said he made a terrible team selection to start the match against Chesterfield
You don't know what team or formation that your opponents are going to put out. You don't know how well your own players are going to play.

I do know that I am happy having a manager that can change things that changes the way the game is going for the good.

Otis

Danger is though, you put the wrong team out in the first place you could have all but have lost the game before your substitutions have been introduced and been able to change it all around.

Great that it was 0-0 and no real damage was done, but what if you are 1 or 2 down as a result of your wrong initial choices?

Otis

Was it the wrong team ? Or just a team that didn't perform. The plus
point is he changed it and we improved and won. Of course that won't always happen but that's football
I couldn't make it Tuesday, so hard for me to say, but looking at the match thread and the comments made by quite a number of people, it seemed the line up was wrong and you got comments such as 'our midfield is being ripped apart ' and 'it's all Chesterfield here, City are awful.'

Maybe they did just under perform, but there were a number of comments on here about how the line up looked all wrong.

NorthernWisdom

I couldn't make it Tuesday, so hard for me to say, but looking at the match thread and the comments made by quite a number of people, it seemed the line up was wrong and you got comments such as 'our midfield is being ripped apart ' and 'it's all Chesterfield here, City are awful.'

Maybe they did just under perform, but there were a number of comments on here about how the line up looked all wrong.

Yeah, I do think there's a point to be made that current results are masking deeper issues. It seems we've won despite the management, not because of it.

That doesn't make Venus the wrong choice as manager, either, btw... but I'd still be holding fire on whether he's the *right* one. It actually seems the club might have made a wise decision to give him the gig until January, so things can bed down and it allows both club and Venus himself to take stock on what the best way forward is.

Otis

Yeah, I do think there's a point to be made that current results are masking deeper issues. It seems we've won despite the management, not because of it.

That doesn't make Venus the wrong choice as manager, either, btw... but I'd still be holding fire on whether he's the *right* one. It actually seems the club might have made a wise decision to give him the gig until January, so things can bed down and it allows both club and Venus himself to take stock on what the best way forward is.
Yep. There are deep issues. It's clear to see. We still haven't found our best, or indeed a good working strike partnership.

Also our midfield is wafer thin and lacks steel, especially with McCann missing.

Astute

I'm not saying that everything is rosy. But I'm not going to have a go at someone who has taken us from bottom place and a team that couldn't buy a win to being one of the form teams and just 1 win from the top half and 2 wins from the playoffs. And all that is with the same players he was left.

hill83

Wait for the full cycle to kick in Otis. If Venus makes a similar mistake in 4 to 5 months he'll be slated for it. Right now though it's too soon. Settle down.

Likewise his good substitutions will be 'luck' by then and he will have started to talk shite in his interviews.

standupforcity

I do think we should be slightly concerned that Venus put the wrong team out in the first place rather than just heap praise on the two substitutions made to change the game.

He admitted his mistake...I think that is a very good sign. Why would you deliberately want to make the same mistake again. I think he can see clearly that 4-3-3 is the way to go, or rather that 4-4-2 doesn't work. Scunthorpe will be very revealing I think...he's learning...last time he got the subs wrong this time he got them right.

Nick

Administrator
Wait for the full cycle to kick in Otis. If Venus makes a similar mistake in 4 to 5 months he'll be slated for it. Right now though it's too soon. Settle down.

Likewise his good substitutions will be 'luck' by then and he will have started to talk shite in his interviews.

Think it depends on the game, everybody pointed out it wasn't working first half and he fixed it second half. He then said he made the mistake and commented like he had seen the game.

If it gets to the point where we lose 3-0 and he says we played great and he is proud of the lads then he will be talking shite :)

Otis

We should all bask in this excellent form for sure, but at the same time we need to keep our feet on the ground. This is a temporary manager as it stands and there are clearly areas of the team that need addressing.

Let's enjoy it while we can, but let us also not be blinkered to overall situation.

If we can hang in there til Jan then brilliant. Everything can then be addressed, manager and new players.

Nick

Administrator
We should all bask in this excellent form for sure, but at the same time we need to keep our feet on the ground. This is a temporary manager as it stands and there are clearly areas of the team that need addressing.

Let's enjoy it while we can, but let us also not be blinkered to overall situation.

If we can hang in there til Jan then brilliant. Everything can then be addressed, manager and new players.

Nobody is being blinkered are they and acting like we are going to win the league?

olderskyblue

It would have been difficult to get the subs wrong really.

He did put out the wrong team. Starting Tudgay was a big mistake that was very easy to rectify. And yes, he changed it, but it could have been done much much earlier imo

clint van damme

I also believe that there are players in the squad who he would rather weren't there.

He made a comment along the lines of needing to trust the players, I expect to see a few comings and goings in January if he's still in charge.

Esoterica

This has turned into a fucking weird thread. We were playing a shocking team in awful form. If you are going to give your squad players a go, that was the game to do it and we'd kept a very stable starting XI for several games prior. Most importantly he still kept the back 5 stable but tweaked the formation to suit the players he brought in and changed it with enough time to win the game. He was clearly pissed off at the players in his post match interview - he took the blame on himself for changing the formation but suggested he is still learning what players he can trust. I think a few people simply can't get over wanting to dislike him because he's also on the board, SISU plant etc etc

And despite all the arguments around him, the success or failure of this season will be decided by the owners in January. I can easily see us pushing the play off spots by January and having it all undermined again by the sale of Stevenson or Willis.

Skyblueweeman

We've got one of the best defensive records in the division and having been in the bottom 4 for the majority of the season, that's somewhat miraculous. Only one team has scored less goals than us so it's obvious where the problem lies.

Apparently MV saw where his errors were the other night, fixed them and we scored two goals and won. For me, that's what a good manager is all about. You're never going to pick the right 11 every game...he didn't but he fixed it. Fair play to him for doing so.

If we can sort the front 2, 3 or 6 out, then I think we're going to continue to climb the table. It's glaringly obvious that if we could strike it lucky in January with a striker who can score (if those on the books at the moment don't flourish), then perhaps we might actually be in for a decent season ending run in as opposed to the perennial slide down the table.

Users who are viewing this thread