Terrible decision from Venus (2 Viewers)

Otis

Nobody is being blinkered are they and acting like we are going to win the league?
Covcity4life perhaps? ;)

I think he believes play offs anyway.

For me we need to seriously strengthen in midfield especially and also to find a strike partnership that clearly works.

Malaka

They were told to keep it tight at the back because Bigi had been booked earlier on and he was limited in his tackling after that

Corrado

Covcity4life perhaps? ;)

I think he believes play offs anyway.

For me we need to seriously strengthen in midfield especially and also to find a strike partnership that clearly works.

play offs is easily achievable

Otis

play offs is easily achievable
Wouldn't say easy, but achievable for sure.

Still big holes that need filling in our squad and I do believe that TM was quite right to point out our limitations in the physicality stakes.

We are very thin in centre midfield, especially with McCann out and Ghadzev now seemingly playing a sidelined role.

We can't expect Stevenson to keep playing every week either.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So who do you think can do a better Job ?

We've had the Experience manager in Tony Mowbray and he Failed .

Personally I think it doesn't matter who the manager is !!!

With the Owners we have we're UP THE CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE . :nailbiting:
I haven't edited your post? I quoted it.

5 years I'd say league one, yo yo championship team at the very most.

The football club doesn't have the money to buy lots of players does it? We aren't in the same position as 30 years ago.

Football has changed massively since then too.

We are in league one.
Ok you only QUOTED one paragraph from my post to make your point and it's not the first time you've done that !!!

Nick

Administrator
Ok you only QUOTED one paragraph from my post to make your point and it's not the first time you've done that !!!

Why do you randomly make things in bold?

Not sure what point you are trying to make, you said we had Mowbray and he failed and that you don't think it matters who the manager is, I said it clearly does as we have turned a corner for now.

mrtrench

Why would Nick include quotations not relevant to his point?

(Not citing anything to avoid an eye-bashing)

Covstu

I think give the guy some credit, he has beaten what's in front on us so you cannot ask anymore than that. The team are playing with a little more confidence at the moment but MV isn't a long term manager in my view but time will tell and if we can get results against more teams at the top then maybe I am wrong. Chesterfield, Oxford etc have been awful and even though we haven't been great we managed to get wins which is all that matters.
I get the feeling that some posters on here cannot wait for him to fail so they can stick the knife in.

trevelfarandwide

With Venus, it's different, I feel; he clearly has the ability to motivate and organise, and thus far, he's managed to get a brilliant run of results out of a team that has a weak midfield and inconsistencies up front.

January will be the acid test for Venus, in my opinion anyway. I'd like to see who he can bring in, and what impact they'll have.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Why do you randomly make things in bold?

Not sure what point you are trying to make, you said we had Mowbray and he failed and that you don't think it matters who the manager is, I said it clearly does as we have turned a corner for now.
Nick , your not sure what point I'm trying to make . let me try again are you listening very carefully ,
After 30 years of failure and 9 years of sisu , Managers coming and going player's being sold attendances falling
How can you be so optimistic about the future of CCFC or is it just wishful thinking ?

I asked you were do you see the club in five years time ( thanks for actually answering my question )
You said Div one or maybe yo yo to the championship , so Nick what is different this season to the last 10 years ?
Surely not on a few good results , have you forgotten what happened last season ?

So here's my point and it HURTS me to say this, I see NO future in the football league for CCFC :(
But I will still support the Sky Blues witch ever League there in. :)

Nick

Administrator
Nick , your not sure what point I'm trying to make . let me try again are you listening very carefully ,
After 30 years of failure and 9 years of sisu , Managers coming and going player's being sold attendances falling
How can you be so optimistic about the future of CCFC or is it just wishful thinking ?

I asked you were do you see the club in five years time ( thanks for actually answering my question )
You said Div one or maybe yo yo to the championship , so Nick what is different this season to the last 10 years ?
Surely not on a few good results , have you forgotten what happened last season ?

So here's my point and it HURTS me to say this, I see NO future in the football league for CCFC :(
But I will still support the Sky Blues witch ever League there in. :)

Yes, we were in league 1 last season. Sadly we have found our level.

All of this "no future in league football" is just scare mongering, I said before the season started we wouldn't get relegated and we won't.

JulianDarbyFTW

Re: TM talking about physicality. I have to be honest, I was / still am a fan of TM. However, he did state for at least two transfer windows that we were weak physically. He should have done something about that. Maybe if he had, he'd still be here. MV is doing mini miracles at the moment, but I can't help but feel the wheels are going to fall off at any moment. The January window will possibly make or break the season, and how that turns out is partly down to which manager we have in charge at that point. I fully expect MV to stand down and A.N.Other to come in.

Otis

Re: TM talking about physicality. I have to be honest, I was / still am a fan of TM. However, he did state for at least two transfer windows that we were weak physically. He should have done something about that. Maybe if he had, he'd still be here. MV is doing mini miracles at the moment, but I can't help but feel the wheels are going to fall off at any moment. The January window will possibly make or break the season, and how that turns out is partly down to which manager we have in charge at that point. I fully expect MV to stand down and A.N.Other to come in.
I agree with this. Maybe I am wrong, but I too am expecting the wheels to come off.

Mowbray was quite right to say we lack the physical needs to compete in this division. It was his fault he didn't address that however.

Loving the run we are on, but am expecting it to come to a jolting halt very soon.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yes, we were in league 1 last season. Sadly we have found our level.

All of this "no future in league football" is just scare mongering, I said before the season started we wouldn't get relegated and we won't.
I'm not scare mongering Nick, I'm a realist that's what 30 years of hurt does to you !!!

So let me finish this Nick by saying I Hope you're right . ;)

Malaka

A little bird told me that TM was a moaner and unable to encourage. MV is the total opposite. listens to the players and encourages them. He plays in a way that the players are familiar with and feel confident in. IMO this is essential with a young team

Covstu

A little bird told me that TM was a moaner and unable to encourage. MV is the total opposite. listens to the players and encourages them. He plays in a way that the players are familiar with and feel confident in. IMO this is essential with a young team
He is also good at selling homes!!

Grendel

I couldn't make it Tuesday, so hard for me to say, but looking at the match thread and the comments made by quite a number of people, it seemed the line up was wrong and you got comments such as 'our midfield is being ripped apart ' and 'it's all Chesterfield here, City are awful.'

Maybe they did just under perform, but there were a number of comments on here about how the line up looked all wrong.

The selections were questionable but you'd have to assume that Rose was a risk for two games in a row.

The main issue was the midfielder were outfought.

Stevenson was ok but he's never going to last a season and whatever people say Bigi is often a liability. He has some very obvious flaws that are getting exploited. Also his constant insistance on asking for possession when he's marked needs addressing.

The burnley guy up front is awkward to handle but he is pretty poor in terms of making runs, holding the ball etc.

I think the midfield is the weak link in the team by some considerable distance.

Grendel

They were told to keep it tight at the back because Bigi had been booked earlier on and he was limited in his tackling after that

Limited in his tackling? He can't tackle full stop. He can harrass Doyle style but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread