The Can't Go On Friday Thread (1 Viewer)

Astute

Just bought my ticket for Gillingham. It took 77 seconds from entry to the shop to exit.

Must have been desperate to get rid of you ;)

Grendel

LilleSkyBlue

Just too expensive in the end: train to Calais, ferry to Dover, train to London, train to Coventry, hotel; then the return journey on Saturday. I'd been pumping myself up to make this trip since the anouncement was made but reason has taken hold once again.

CovfanDan

Would rather come up for the Yeovil game as can bring the wife and daughter and make weekend of it, see the family and that. Would have to have the Friday afternoon off work to drive up, Friday night traffic being a nightmare then drive back after the game, not worth it when there's a game next week we can all go to

Steve.B50

I am upset I am not going Friday, be the first game I have missed for ages ( on Hill every game at Sixfields). Going into hospital Friday for knee replacement, did think about cancelling it but needs sorting.
Just hope I am out of the anaesthetic in time to watch game on my iPad.just hope everything goes well and football is a little better than last night at Wycombe.
enjoy the night.

theferret

I am upset I am not going Friday, be the first game I have missed for ages ( on Hill every game at Sixfields). Going into hospital Friday for knee replacement, did think about cancelling it but needs sorting.
Just hope I am out of the anaesthetic in time to watch game on my iPad.just hope everything goes well and football is a little better than last night at Wycombe.
enjoy the night.

All the best for the op. Shoddy timing that!

ccfctommy

Must confess that I've given up on trying to get tickets. I simply can't spend ages queuing up or on line when there's work to do. Looking at it calmly, I'm not too down about it, it's not as though I've seen much of them over the last year or so - and they'll be a hooky internet feed or two around no doubt, if I can't make it to the pub.

I am surprised at how difficult it's been to actually 'sell out' the ground - it seems that we're going to be 5,000 - 6,000 seats light, which is odd to me. But fair play to everyone who has bust a gut to get tickets, I hope you all have a great night. :)

Go on Wiziwig.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I would love to be there but:

a) it's a bit of a journey from Melbourne, and
b) I have no current passport

:)

Ha ha. I'm moving back to Melbourne in November.
Without going into all details, there has been a no of circumstances preventing me getting a ticket. Not totally given up hope buts it's made harder living in Manchester and working in Sweden.

mrtrench

For those without transport, there's some bloke from London on another thread offering lifts to anyone who will sell him a ticket.

wingy

Must confess that I've given up on trying to get tickets. I simply can't spend ages queuing up or on line when there's work to do. Looking at it calmly, I'm not too down about it, it's not as though I've seen much of them over the last year or so - and they'll be a hooky internet feed or two around no doubt, if I can't make it to the pub.

I am surprised at how difficult it's been to actually 'sell out' the ground - it seems that we're going to be 5,000 - 6,000 seats light, which is odd to me. But fair play to everyone who has bust a gut to get tickets, I hope you all have a great night. :)

I can't believe there won't Pay on the gate Duffer .

Surely there will be surplus available due to people not being able to negotiate the site or shop on Friday due to systems /Commitments to sell out the 5K odd combined.

Also why are they not offering the average Joe a sample of the Corporate /Boxes section for a tenner ,no way will they be able to market these in the next couple of days.

It's about time they realised that they won't be able to push these going forward at this level.Immitating the Rugby clubs attitude to fan/player engagement /mingling should be the order of the day and less of the Elitism IMO.

robbiethemole

try using wiziwig or cricfree "alternative" streaming sources. just close all the pop-ups and switch to full screen and it works great.

Would rather come up for the Yeovil game as can bring the wife and daughter and make weekend of it, see the family and that. Would have to have the Friday afternoon off work to drive up, Friday night traffic being a nightmare then drive back after the game, not worth it when there's a game next week we can all go to

Yeovil game may change day yet due to charity events at the Ricoh including charity football match

CovfanDan

Yeovil game may change day yet due to charity events at the Ricoh including charity football match

I googled Ricoh Arena events or something last night after reading your post, some sort of Railway exhibition the Saturday and Sunday, so the place will be crawling with Roy Cropper sorts! Surely that will be given the elbow

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
very much doubt any events in the exhibition halls will be cancelled just because of a football match - no real reason to the site can handle both. Charity events may be switched say to the Sunday I would guess.

Yeovil on 13th
Charity game on 14th

Last edited:

theferret

very much doubt any events in the exhibition halls will be cancelled just because of a football match - no real reason to the site can handle both. Charity events may be switched say to the Sunday I would guess.

Yeovil on 13th
Charity game on 14th

Agree. I remember Davis Cup tennis and a City home game taking place at the same time.

Monners

I googled Ricoh Arena events or something last night after reading your post, some sort of Railway exhibition the Saturday and Sunday, so the place will be crawling with Roy Cropper sorts! Surely that will be given the elbow

Explains why Keys will be there! (see post on Keys thread re trains at Warsaw station)

skybluebeduff

I can't get tickets due to distance. Trying to get tickets for the disabled section anywhere, with carer, but no answer to my e-mails and phoning is a joke.

Gutted - and no sky to watch it on. No good at the local as Friday night is Super League night :(

If you have internet access then fuck Sky!! Plenty of people will post links for the game tomorrow.

Always remember to have an ADBLOCK installed on your browser, it helps.

SkyBlueM

Like many others work will interfere and I don't fancy trying to zoom down the M6 on a Friday night to catch half a game. So it will be Sky, a curry and a few bottled ales for me.

chiefdave

Think the only time you'd have an issue is if the police object. Maybe something like that dance music festival would be an issue. They might not want a pissed up football crowd mixing with a pissed up dance music crowd but in general you'd think it could handle both so long as they schedule things so everyone isn't arriving & leaving at the same time.

shmmeee

Think the only time you'd have an issue is if the police object. Maybe something like that dance music festival would be an issue. They might not want a pissed up football crowd mixing with a pissed up dance music crowd but in general you'd think it could handle both so long as they schedule things so everyone isn't arriving & leaving at the same time.

Dance crowd more likely to be hugging the football fans than fighting them in my experience :D

My excuses:

1. Live in Sheffield and working until 6pm
2. Game finishes at 9:45ish - would struggle to get back to Sheffield before midnight
3. Game is on Sky
4. Rare occasion where demand > supply - therefore my non-attendance won't impact on revenues
5. We're generally shit in front of big crowds (although the squad has changed significantly since the last high attendance letdown (Crewe))
6. It sounds like getting a ticket has been an experience akin to covering my balls in honey and sticking them in a beehive
7. Parking, getting away after the match etc pisses me off when crowds are 25K plus
8. Can't drink (much) if I go

Am genuinely gutted not to be going, but I've waited over 16 months to watch us at the Ricoh so one more week doesn't bother me too much (Yeovil). Would like to see attendances stay at 20K+ for at least a few more games but not hopeful.

olderskyblue

On holiday, so can't attend.

martcov

Will be watching on TV in my pub in Kiel, Germany. My regulars are HSV Hamburg fans ( we are the official HSV Supporters Club pub in Kiel ), but seeing as they lost 0:3 in a sold-out stadium against Paderborn ( who? ) at the weekend, it would be great for me to see City play well on TV and win. Will wind them up.

Looking forward to the game. Last game I saw was against Swindon in Sixfields - pretty crap.

Users who are viewing this thread