The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (117 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

Fair enough. I disagree with everything you put and you disagree with me. We are never going to agree. Time will give us more answers but for now I'm very happy with how I voted as I'm sure you are.

P.s don't get me wrong some of the clowns running brexit piss me off as we have an almost remainer cabinet. So what we will get is a watered down version of brexit (already transitional deals talked about etc) so the remainers won't be happy and the brexiteers won't be happy. That's my opinion.

where was it ever specified exactly what Brexit will entail? Perhaps that's part of the problem.

Grendel

Grendel, genuine question. How are you so concerned about animal welfare but are happy for them to be murdered just for your dinner?

I'm not I only eat organic CWF recommended products.

What i am concerned about is the utter bullshit that this is in anyway a discussion about animal cruelty from a continent that practices and indulges barbaric activities such as geese being force fed crap until they die in screaming agony and bull fighting.

It isn't - it's about federal control of pricing and ensuring foodstuff is priced at a level to support the bloated livers (sorry pockets) of the greedy Eurocrats.

People will eat cheap meat it's a fact of life. So a question for you. Why are you supporting price inflation when you are SO concerned about all those starving nurses?

martcov

What i am concerned about is the utter bullshit that this is in anyway a discussion about animal cruelty from a continent that practices and indulges barbaric activities such as geese being force fed crap until they die in screaming agony and bull fighting.

It isn't - it's about federal control of pricing and ensuring foodstuff is priced at a level to support the bloated livers (sorry pockets) of the greedy Eurocrats.

People will eat cheap meat it's a fact of life. So a question for you. Why are you supporting price inflation when you are SO concerned about all those starving nurses?

Deflecting from your hypocrisy again.

Why don't you just admit that leaving the EU will not fit in with your own views? You can have low interest rates by staying in the EU - which is your main thing. You can use the EUs bargaining power against people who abuse animals as much as or more than some EU countries - one of your causes. You can keep prices competitive by having tariff free trade in the EU ( good for your employer's exports ) and by having unified standards ( something you complain is not being done enough in the EU ) - yes there should be more enforcement of these standards within the EU. Brexit is a distraction from this.

The starving nurses wouldn't be starving if we had a government that cared about the people ( nothing to do with the EU in this case ).

martcov

Fair enough. I disagree with everything you put and you disagree with me. We are never going to agree. Time will give us more answers but for now I'm very happy with how I voted as I'm sure you are.

P.s don't get me wrong some of the clowns running brexit piss me off as we have an almost remainer cabinet. So what we will get is a watered down version of brexit (already transitional deals talked about etc) so the remainers won't be happy and the brexiteers won't be happy. That's my opinion.

I am not happy that a wafer thin majority of the electorate voted on an issue which was not defined before it was put to the electorate. A yes no question on something like Brexit was not the way to do it. In fact there was no necessity for a referendum at all. It was all about a power struggle in the Conservative party.

You still don't know what you are going to get although you happily voted in your ignorance for sailing off into a glorious sunset. You say there may be a watered down version of what you call Brexit, but others may see it fitting in with what they thought was Brexit. No one knows what Brexit is. Even the PM described it as "Brexit". Says it all.

We are in negotiations for something we don't need, a significant portion of the country (48%) voted against and we don't know what we are going to get, or even what we actually want. All that I can see is that we have a very weak hand dealing with the EU and countries like Trump States of America.

A total fxxk up.

fernandopartridge

Are you not bothered about the farming industry in the UK? Considering that nearly 70% of the land in the UK is used for agriculture.

Sometimes a degree of protectionism is warranted. For example, allowing the steel market to be flooded with cheap Chinese shite has done that industry the world of good in the UK.

Captain Dart

Call me cynical but if there is money to be made by illegally importing US Chickens or whatever to process & put into our food, somebody will already be doing it - & we are already eating it!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Surely, burgers adulterated with horse meat are more profitable?

Captain Dart

It was always going to be a fudge, wherever politicians are involved..

Kingokings204

where was it ever specified exactly what Brexit will entail? Perhaps that's part of the problem.

Perhaps except as I've stated everyone I know knew exactly what they were voting for that's both remain and leave friends of mine.

Similarly where was it specified what remaining entailed?

It was quite clear on the ballot paper for me. You remained or left. Simple question got a simple answer. However it will be fudged so it won't be a "hard brexit" don't worry.

martcov

Perhaps except as I've stated everyone I know knew exactly what they were voting for that's both remain and leave friends of mine.

It was quite clear on the ballot paper for me. You remained or left. Simple question got a simple answer. However it will be fudged so it won't be a "hard brexit" don't worry.

Remain was the status quo. That hat evolved over 40 years. We knew what remain meant, but as of yet no one has defined Brexit - or rather there is no universal definition.

clint van damme

this might just be me, but I never heard the terms hard or soft brexit until after the referendum.

Kingokings204

Remain was the status quo. That hat evolved over 40 years. We knew what remain meant, but as of yet no one has defined Brexit - or rather there is no universal definition.

Remain wasn't for status quo. It was a ticket to do whatever they liked with us. Eu army further integration. Further bills. More laws. You can do better than the status quo can't you mart?

As for what leave meant the clue was in the question of the ballot paper? Leave the EU. Simple as that for me. Leave freedom of movement leave customs union. Leave single market. Leave eu courts. Leave eu commision. Leave eu parliament. So to leave. Or was that just me?

clint van damme

Conservative voters pretty much summed up in one comment. As long as you're OK why worry about everyone else.

there's a section of people in society now who are actually beyond capitalism, I think someone described them as totalitarian capitalists. They basically want the freedoms that capitalism and neoliberism are supposed to provide but they only want the privilege extended to the a small percentage of society while the rest remain downtrodden.

They're basically horrible cunts.

SIR ERNIE

Conservative voters pretty much summed up in one comment. As long as you're OK why worry about everyone else.

A pretty stupid interpretation but throwing your comment back at you, I could say Labour voters summed up in one comment.

You see, the more profit my business makes, the more tax I hand over to HMRC so my conscience is completely clear. I’m one of those nasty conservatives who’s actually generating the funds to help the less well off.

Out of interest, how much do you contribute?

skybluetony176

I wouldn't eat any of that crap. I'm a signed up member of CWF

I think your confusing me with Martcov

Sign the Petition

Plenty of people will though you dimwit if its cheaper and available. While you continue to condone US farming practices so long as we're out the EU you can sign as many petitions, join as animal rights groups as you like it doesn't change the fact that you're happily be a hypocrite for political gain. It's the equivalent of Tony Blair going on an anti Iraq war march just before committing the armed forces to said war and then claiming his conscience is clear because he went on the march.

clint van damme

A pretty stupid interpretation but throwing your comment back at you, I could say Labour voters summed up in one comment.

You see, the more profit my business makes, the more tax I hand over to HMRC so my conscience is completely clear. I’m one of those nasty conservatives who’s actually generating the funds to help the less well off.

article-2260386-16DCA922000005DC-657_634x376.jpg

Grendel

Including the millions of working class people who vote Tory?

martcov

Remain wasn't for status quo. It was a ticket to do whatever they liked with us. Eu army further integration. Further bills. More laws. You can do better than the status quo can't you mart?

As for what leave meant the clue was in the question of the ballot paper? Leave the EU. Simple as that for me. Leave freedom of movement leave customs union. Leave single market. Leave eu courts. Leave eu commision. Leave eu parliament. So to leave. Or was that just me?

Was the referendum question: do you want to stay and let the EU do what they like with you? or do you want to leave? No it wasn't. The myth that the UK has no say in further integration or an EU army came from the leave side. It isn't a known fact, It is just as much a presumption as the story that we are going to sail into a glorious sunset. We did have a say in the EU and we had to ratify things. We are not sailing into a glorious sunset. In fact, as far as "facts" go, Brexit seems to be quite the contrary to what you personally voted for.

The only one cleaning up here seems to be Sir Ernie.

martcov

Your competitive GBP has increased inflation thus squeezing poorer people's budgets and made people's holiday more expensive. So, yes you are better off, but that is hardly the case for everybody. The real Brexit hasn't started yet. This is just the preliminary "wobble" before it kicks in.

My main concern is London and the finance services sector. That was always a money earner. Let's see how that pans out.

clint van damme

Your competitive GBP has increased inflation thus squeezing poorer people's budgets and made people's holiday more expensive. So, yes you are better off, but that is hardly the case for everybody. The real Brexit hasn't started yet. This is just the preliminary "wobble" before it kicks in.

My main concern is London and the finance services sector. That was always a money earner. Let's see how that pans out.

that's the only bit he's worried about mate, you're wasting your time trying to point out the bigger picture.

Sick Boy

Still can't believe a few once claimed we should all be grateful that private education exists so the system is over-subscribed. Perhaps standards would actually improve if we were all in it together.

Grendel

Still can't believe a few once claimed we should all be grateful that private education exists so the system is over-subscribed. Perhaps standards would actually improve if we were all in it together.

Plenty of state schools are as successful as Private Schools.

Grendel

That is in spite of the conditions that they are expected to achieve results under. I wonder why record numbers of teaching are leaving the profession?

I'm talking grammar schools who operate selection policies.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

this might just be me, but I never heard the terms hard or soft brexit until after the referendum.

It never existed. It was simply in or out, and out is what is now probably classed as 'hard'.

Soft Brexit was a term invited by Remainers to help them try and get a bit of what they want. Can't say I blame them though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Forgive me jumping on this..."Export boost helps UK manufacturing growth recover in July - PMI" - Export boost helps UK manufacturing growth recover in July - PMI but it's only what the "We're DOOMED" brigade have done with any speculative negative story

Come on Bazza, you should know the drill by now. The goalposts have since moved.

We haven't actually left yet, so the bad stuff is actually going to kick in after that.

SkyblueBazza

Come on Bazza, you should know the drill by now. The goalposts have since moved.

We haven't actually left yet, so the bad stuff is actually going to kick in after that.
That remains to be seen for surety.
The major indication is that whilst many in general are seeking negatives, pointing out what they think could go wrong & perpetually bleating about Brexit...all futile efforts to reverse the inevitable, could it be that others are quietly getting on with what they do & seeking opportunities to do more business? Or are our EU partners stocking up the goods we export to them?

Interesting stuff.

martcov

That remains to be seen for surety.
The major indication is that whilst many in general are seeking negatives, pointing out what they think could go wrong & perpetually bleating about Brexit...all futile efforts to reverse the inevitable, could it be that others are quietly getting on with what they do & seeking opportunities to do more business? Or are our EU partners stocking up the goods we export to them?

Interesting stuff.

For 40 years right wing papers have been bleating about the common market, EEC and EU. We as a country have quietly got on becoming wealthier and living and trading with our European partners.

Now the boot is in the other foot. Brexit is a leap in the dark and people who are for something that has allowed us to prosper and have a voice in Europe are being criticised for critising this leap in the dark. Get used to it.

There is going to be a lot more moaning as this pans out.

Grendel

At least there will be the extra £350m a week for the NHS and we will all have more money in our pockets.

How much do we pay a week into the EU as a member state?

Users who are viewing this thread