The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (27 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

No, I blame the government entirely.
So the EU are totally blameless?

Says it all really. You and Mart can keep up with the back patting. Your partner is from the EU. He lives in the EU. I wonder why you are both so vocal.

Astute

If you don't earn much you are already feeling effects, something which most on this thread have little regard for. I maintain it'll go wrong once article 50 negotiations get more advanced and Britain leaves.
Just like you said would happen after the vote. And it didn't happen then either.

Astute

Because I have a daughter and 3 small businesses here - not to mention the missus. They enhance my life, and the EU is enhancing my life here anyway.
Yeah we all hear you. You are OK. But not bothered about those who stayed in the UK who are affected by what has been forced upon us by the EU.

Astute

How does the USA survive then? Some states are very rich and others very poor, but they all use dollars. I think Farage's mate Trump thinks that a federal system with a common currency can work well. Funny that Farage doesn't.
So you don't see the difference between one country having the same currency and lots of countries having the same currency?

martcov

Yeah we all hear you. You are OK. But not bothered about those who stayed in the UK who are affected by what has been forced upon us by the EU.

Really? You do know a lot about me - more than I do. I am very worried about what is about to be forced on you because of a referendum decided by a small minority and opinions based on some of the biggest lies ever in U.K. Politics - Blair's war being a possible exception.

Astute

No. Not if there is co-ordinated fiscal control of the common currency.
What you said about the USA is like our government spending most money down south and hardly anything in the rest of the UK but on a much larger scale. It is a disgrace how they treat millions of their own people. But it is nothing to do with them having one currency for one country as you say.

martcov

So the EU are totally blameless?

Says it all really. You and Mart can keep up with the back patting. Your partner is from the EU. He lives in the EU. I wonder why you are both so vocal.

Probably because we know more about living in other countries than you do and can compare Daily Express, Mail etc. with other news outlets in Europe. We can also understand other EU news outlets because we can speak the language and don't need the media filter in the UK to translate what is going on.

Astute

Really? You do know a lot about me - more than I do. I am very worried about what is about to be forced on you because of a referendum decided by a small minority and opinions based on some of the biggest lies ever in U.K. Politics - Blair's war being a possible exception.
Referendum decided by a small minority? You are getting desperate now or are clueless. It was the highest turnout I ever remember. I suppose the only ones that couldn't be bothered to vote would have voted remain.

Astute

Probably because we know more about living in other countries than you do and can compare Daily Express, Mail etc. with other news outlets in Europe. We can also understand other EU news outlets because we can speak the language and don't need the media filter in the UK to translate what is going on.
Is that right? And you say that I don't know you.

Astute

You seem to be convinced that Brexit has happened. Why? We haven't even agreed on how to trigger article 50 yet.
Nobody knows what will happen or when. But you seem to know everything.

martcov

Referendum decided by a small minority? You are getting desperate now or are clueless. It was the highest turnout I ever remember. I suppose the only ones that couldn't be bothered to vote would have voted remain.

Turnout and 52/48 are two different things. Ask Farage. He said if it were 52/48 it would mean "work to be done" as it would inconclusive.

martcov

Is that right? And you say that I don't know you.

Ok. In which EU European mainland country have you lived? Sorry if I have got that wrong, but most people here/ in Britain haven't and rely on the British take on things - often from unreliable newspapers as sources.

Kingokings204

Turnout and 52/48 are two different things. Ask Farage. He said if it were 52/48 it would mean "work to be done" as it would inconclusive.

For the last time. That comment meant nothing. He actually when pressed said it was to do with "unfinished business" in the Tory party. Nothing about not accepting the result and I doubt farage or anyone else would of taken the result of the referendum to the high court and pushed it though the lords whilst they were at it. Smacks of bad losers if you ask me. Fair play to the remoaners they don't go down without a fight even though we've had a clear result. Or is it in denial? You chose. The result will stay the same.

Kingokings204

Yeah and we are all "lower educated" ....you forgot that one. We "bought it" remember.

Sick Boy

Fair play to the remoaners they don't go down without a fight even though we've had a clear result. Or is it in denial? You chose. The result will stay the same.

Remoaners? Sounds like someone reads too much of the the Sun/Mail/Express.

It's difficult to take anyone seriously who users the terms remoaners/breshiteers.

What have the eurosceptics being doing for the last 40 years? Did they not accept a clear result? Did they just suck it up?

In the long-run the UK will end up trying to rejoin when Empire 2.0 is shown up for what it is..only this time it'll probably get rejected.

Last edited:

Astute

What have the eurosceptics being doing for the last 40 years? Did they not accept a clear result? Did they just suck it up?
It is you that can't accept a clear result. Well over 1m more voted to leave than stay. But ever since you have made excuses including calling those who voted to leave racist and thick.

Sick Boy

It is you that can't accept a clear result. Well over 1m more voted to leave than stay. But ever since you have made excuses including calling those who voted to leave racist and thick.

I haven't called all leave voters racist, I have highlighted and criticised the growing xenophobia in the country.

I even said I would happily drink beers with you in Italy.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

And that was despite 2m remainers being allowed to register to vote when they shouldn't have been.

Like who? How did you manage to gain access to voting data? You are clearly a Trump disciple, so it is probably one of your alternative facts.

A fair few British citizens were denied a vote for having the audacity to leave and live in another country. Even in America you retain voting rights for life. I actually know of one of these people living in Italy who would have bizarrely voted leave, he regrets it now obviously.

martcov

For the last time. That comment meant nothing. He actually when pressed said it was to do with "unfinished business" in the Tory party. Nothing about not accepting the result and I doubt farage or anyone else would of taken the result of the referendum to the high court and pushed it though the lords whilst they were at it. Smacks of bad losers if you ask me. Fair play to the remoaners they don't go down without a fight even though we've had a clear result. Or is it in denial? You chose. The result will stay the same.

No-one is disputing the result in the courts or the Lords. I don't know where you got that from. Farage when pressed about a supposedly clear statement wriggled and tried to twist it round. What a surprise.

52/48 would not be acceptable in most countries' parliaments or constitutions to enforce a major change like Brexit. Usually you need a two thirds majority.

Hardly a decisive vote. First past the post,yes. Not a convincing mandate though.

martcov

Remoaners? Sounds like someone reads too much of the the Sun/Mail/Express.

It's difficult to take anyone seriously who users the terms remoaners/breshiteers.

In the long-run the UK will end up trying to rejoin when Empire 2.0 is shown up for what it is..only this time it'll probably get rejected.

An Indian politician has already said that Empire 2.0 will go down like a lead balloon there.

But, apparently everyone is queuing up to deals with global Britain so nothing to worry about.

Junior partner to Trump seems like a good place to start.

martcov

And that was despite 2m remainers being allowed to register to vote when they shouldn't have been.

Start an investigation into voter fraud. If what you are saying is true then we will have to vote again. You cannot have a valid Referendum with 2 million illegal votes.

dutchman

Last edited:

Astute

Start an investigation into voter fraud. If what you are saying is true then we will have to vote again. You cannot have a valid Referendum with 2 million illegal votes.
Those that registered late were mainly younger voters. And as we all know the large majority voted remain.

Sick Boy

It was widely reported at the time that two million people were allowed to register after the official deadline for voter registration had expired and the vast majority of those were EU supporters. There was even talk of a legal challenge had the result favoured the remain campaign:

EU referendum poll voter registration deadline extended after website crash | Daily Mail Online

The website had technical issues and so the deadline was extended. I'm still interested to know how your managed to gain access to all of this data on how pepole voted.

Sick Boy

An Indian politician has already said that Empire 2.0 will go down like a lead balloon there.

But, apparently everyone is queuing up to deals with global Britain so nothing to worry about.

Junior partner to Trump seems like a good place to start.

Let's just get on with renaming the place Air Strip One. The Daily Mail could be in charge of a daily 2 minutes of hate towards Barnier.

martcov

It was widely reported at the time that two million people were allowed to register after the official deadline for voter registration had expired and the vast majority of those were EU supporters. There was even talk of a legal challenge had the result favoured the remain campaign:

EU referendum poll voter registration deadline extended after website crash | Daily Mail Online

Well, one could still mount a legal challenge- illegal is illegal. Obviously the cannot be much chance of a re referendum or else someone else from remain would have challenged it.

dutchman

The website had technical issues and so the deadline was extended.

The website had technical issues for two hours but the deadline was extended by two whole days during a period when ever increasing numbers were trying to register online.

By the way I unintentionally exaggerated the numbers who voted after the original deadline, it was only 436,000 not "two million", I must have been confusing it with the American election. (I was about to fall asleep and too tired to check the facts).

I'm still interested to know how your managed to gain access to all of this data on how pepole voted.

See Astute's post above yours.

A fair few British citizens were denied a vote for having the audacity to leave and live in another country.
It's debatable whether someone who no longer lives in this country should be allowed to vote who runs it. As it is anyone who had left up to 15 years earlier was allowed to vote as were the entire voting population of Gibraltar.

I am also dubious how many of the 'qualifying commonwealth citizens' who voted actually live here but that is a problem in all elections, not just the Referendum.

chiefdave

How do you know those who were registering later voted remain? And wouldn't democracy be having as many people as possible voting, its sounding a bit like people can vote as long as they vote for the side I want to win.

Of course the solution is to hold the vote again, doubt there will be many leave voters pushing for that to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread