The new ground (1 Viewer)

skybluericoh

IF they are serious about a new ground. And IF they are doing it within 3 years, They must be talking to someone in planning in one of the local councils.

Just doesn't stack up. Someone on these boards would know someone in a planning office. 3 years to purchase, plan, design and build, I can't see it happening. CCC will not give planning permission, so would have to be in Warwickshire, and the protest and objections about traffic congestion etc, it will take years.

wozey

Not necessarily because of the situation they could go straight through judicial review in the commons which wouldn't need the local council involved

ccfc92

what if they bought the whole of HR area, and rebuilt it, then they would have my support :wave:

VegetableSamosa

Not necessarily because of the situation they could go straight through judicial review in the commons which wouldn't need the local council involved

I don't see Bob Ainsworth backing that. Actually, I doubt any of our MPs would.
Though, if push comes to shove and we are stuck with a new stadium being built, it might be worth pressuring the council and our MPs for allowing the planning permission; for the sake of fans and local jobs.

I can confirm that the planning team at Warwickshire County Council have not been approached by anybody from the club to discuss the feasibility of a new ground at any site in Warwickshire. Fans have written in to ask the question though. Warwickshire County Council are not aware of any plans.

Otis

If they do it in 3 years it will fall down after 3 weeks.

It would have to be the cheapest bolt on hatchett DIY job in the history of stadiums,

Think we all suspect that if we do build a new stadium it's going to be pretty shit.

ccfcway

I can confirm that the planning team at Warwickshire County Council have not been approached by anybody from the club to discuss the feasibility of a new ground at any site in Warwickshire. Fans have written in to ask the question though. Warwickshire County Council are not aware of any plans.

Its Nene Park

jesus-wept

Planning permission for stadia goes through government level, if you remember the Ricoh plan took a good while and was eventually given the go ahead by John Prescot personallly. This is where this "fit and proper" test lwill be interesting, without land, without planning permission and without a ground to share fails to comply with the most impotrant rule within the FL when getting this Golden Share.

duffer

I'm afraid you can't quite do that. They'd have to apply for planning permission in the same way as every other developer would, and would need to go through big hoops for a development of this nature.

Judicial review is when you think a Council have made an unfair decision. The JR that SISU have raised against CCC is nothing to do with planning, and would have no impact on any new development that SISU wanted to build either in Cov, or elsewhere.

In planning JRs are more likely to come from objectors than developers, because developers have an appeal process against planning decisions that they'd need to exhaust first, whereas objectors don't.

Covcraig@bury

They buy nene park and just stay there!!
Change the GS name from Ccfc to sisu fc and carry on.
The Ricoh is empty and Coventry have no team.
We start again in division 9 .

Just my thoughts

duffer

They buy nene park and just stay there!!
Change the GS name from Ccfc to sisu fc and carry on.
The Ricoh is empty and Coventry have no team.
We start again in division 9 .

Just my thoughts

But they wouldn't retain the golden share if that was SISU's plan. The whole point of the FL rules is stop that happening again.

RogerH

I'm afraid you can't quite do that. They'd have to apply for planning permission in the same way as every other developer would, and would need to go through big hoops for a development of this nature.

Judicial review is when you think a Council have made an unfair decision. The JR that SISU have raised against CCC is nothing to do with planning, and would have no impact on any new development that SISU wanted to build either in Cov, or elsewhere.

In planning JRs are more likely to come from objectors than developers, because developers have an appeal process against planning decisions that they'd need to exhaust first, whereas objectors don't.

There are many hurdles to overcome. As things stand SISU do not appear to have acquired a site, and either purchased or leased it.

Then they have to produce detailed drawings and plans to go with the Planning Application. Assuming the application is not rejected (Green Belt or land earmarked for different purposes), there are (apart from the public's input) statutory consultees such as the Highways Agency, who would look at traffic flows etc and would insist that the road system is upgraded to cope with the traffic a stadium would bring. Also, particularly in the case of a rural site, Natural England would be consulted, it would only take the site to be the natural habitat of a rare species or plant and it could scupper the whole project.
Assuming they get over all these hurdles, actually building the stadium is not straight forward, SISU would get sick of the sight of the Building Inspector, as his job is to make sure all the provisions of the Safety of Sports Grounds are adhered to. You can not cut corners here, because using the stadium relies on having the appropriate safety certificates.

The experiences of other clubs who have relocated indicates that the whole process from start to finish would take at least double the 3 years TF reckons.

Does anybody think that 6 years away from Cov would leave anything to come back to support wise ?

BrisbaneBronco

Planning permission for stadia goes through government level, if you remember the Ricoh plan took a good while and was eventually given the go ahead by John Prescot personallly. This is where this "fit and proper" test lwill be interesting, without land, without planning permission and without a ground to share fails to comply with the most impotrant rule within the FL when getting this Golden Share.

Fit and proper is our best hope at the moment, but FL are as weak as piss.

Samo

There. will. never. be. a. new. stadium.

jesus-wept

Best we can hope for? I think not if we go down that road we run a massive risk of not starting the season sadly sisu have us by the balls
No that is wrong, if they fail that test we remain in administration and the club that is ccfc ltd remain under the control of Paul Appleton.. Now just where the players stand who are in Holdings that is the interesting point

Tank Top

Three Years from now, is not a long time, regarding Finding a Brown Field Site, applying for Planning Permission, waiting for objections to be aired, convincing the FL that they have the finance in place to continue the project til conclusion, not least convincing the Contractor that he will not be left holding the IOU's, in the event the project goes "tits up" The fact they are allegedly 70 million in dept, will do nothing to convince the Contractors that this is a good project top get involved with, given the unprofessional manner that Sisu reneges on its previous Agreements, The figures, and logic on this one just don't add up to me, so will there be a new Stadium built....."NOT FOR ME"

wozey

No that is wrong, if they fail that test we remain in administration and the club that is ccfc ltd remain under the control of Paul Appleton.. Now just where the players stand who are in Holdings that is the interesting point

Yeah that's what I'm on about because sisu wouldn't be fit to run the club and as they own the players could we start the season? In my opinion no because there would be no playing staff

SuperCov

Yeah that's what I'm on about because sisu wouldn't be fit to run the club and as they own the players could we start the season? In my opinion no because there would be no playing staff

So would PA have to do a 'deal' with CCFCH to use their players etc?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

wozey

So would PA have to do a 'deal' with CCFCH to use their players etc?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I don't think they would have to do anything PA couldn't force anything because they are not in admin he only controls ltd and could you see sisu willingly doing a deal after they've just been booted out? That's why I feel the deal will be done and we will be out of admin very soon

wingy

Three Years from now, is not a long time, regarding Finding a Brown Field Site, applying for Planning Permission, waiting for objections to be aired, convincing the FL that they have the finance in place to continue the project til conclusion, not least convincing the Contractor that he will not be left holding the IOU's, in the event the project goes "tits up" The fact they are allegedly 70 million in dept, will do nothing to convince the Contractors that this is a good project top get involved with, given the unprofessional manner that Sisu reneges on its previous Agreements, The figures, and logic on this one just don't add up to me, so will there be a new Stadium built....."NOT FOR ME"

Indeed TT ,surely the Club would never have lost control of the RICOH project if things were this Simple and on similar Debt levels.

bigfatronssba

Lets take Fisher on his word for a moment (difficult I know), but he said the new ground would be nearer to town than the Ricoh.

The Ricoh is about 3.3 miles from Broadgate. A 3.3 mile radius around Broadgate looks like this

cov.jpg

Now on that the only place not under CCC within the radius is Baginton, where there are no Brownfield sites to my knowledge.

SkyBlueCharlie

Lets take Fisher on his word for a moment (difficult I know), but he said the new ground would be nearer to town than the Ricoh.

The Ricoh is about 3.3 miles from Broadgate. A 3.3 mile radius around Broadgate looks like this

View attachment 2152

Now on that the only place not under CCC within the radius is Baginton, where there are no Brownfield sites to my knowledge.

Not quite...it also leaves open the option of Brandon speedway stadium as it also falls within the 3.3 miles.

Just looked at the map more closely and no it doesn't....must put less gin in it!

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Not quite...it also leaves open the option of Brandon speedway stadium as it also falls within the 3.3 miles.

No, Brandon is 4.3 miles from Broadgate.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

100% correct. This discussion is pointless.

It may be. But the scenario says two things:

A) there is an intention to leave, and Fisher is ignoring all sense and the wishes of the fans. If so, what does this day about him, and the ambition if the company he fronts?

B) there is no intention to leave, and by stating that they won't be at the Ricoh next season, Fisher is doing what? And what price this brinksmanship? 5 weeks to the opening game of the season, no clues or season tickets to buy? If so, what does thus say about Fisher and the company he fronts?

And if the latter - and SISU and Fisher will so readily use the club and its future as a bargaining chip to get what he wants - is it any wonder the discussions with ACL have ended up here? How can you negotiate candidly with a character like this? It'd be like putting smoke in your pocket

lifelongcityfan

It may be. But the scenario says two things:

A) there is an intention to leave, and Fisher is ignoring all sense and the wishes of the fans. If so, what does this day about him, and the ambition if the company he fronts?

B) there is no intention to leave, and by stating that they won't be at the Ricoh next season, Fisher is doing what? And what price this brinksmanship? 5 weeks to the opening game of the season, no clues or season tickets to buy? If so, what does thus say about Fisher and the company he fronts?

And if the latter - and SISU and Fisher will so readily use the club and its future as a bargaining chip to get what he wants - is it any wonder the discussions with ACL have ended up here? How can you negotiate candidly with a character like this? It'd be like putting smoke in your pocket

Totally agree, in the eyes of sisu we are only a bargaining chip in their attempt to bag the Ricoh. They have no interest in obtaining succes on the field or listening to the fans

wingy

Totally agree, in the eyes of sisu we are only a bargaining chip in their attempt to bag the Ricoh. They have no interest in obtaining succes on the field or listening to the fans[/QUOTE

Its a massive Insult to fans intelligence and Grossly offensive , no wonder they have no mandate.

Users who are viewing this thread