The new ground (1 Viewer)

T

true sky blue

utter rubbish, if sisu want to they can bring over the chinese constructures who can get a stadium up and running in 6 months, its not the construction thats the issue its the local authority giving permission. lets just look at the same scenario with giant tesco supermarkets. they have planning permissions and build ---- everything done in 18 months.

a smaller stadium can go up in no time, look at some examples online. for the sake of argument if you ran a smallish borough council like Nuneaton and Bedworth would you turn down the millions of pounds in business income, in infrastructure, in outside investment? rates? come on think about it...

3 years is being cautious, they could get it all up and dusted with in 18 months if they are serious, and i for one hope they are.

Houdi

A lot of fans have very little faith in the Football League and maybe with good reason.But it was hardly likely they were going to interfere with the administration process.
However the rules for ground sharing and building a new stadium seem very strict,and the league will have to be very careful that they don't 'bend' them for the benefit of 1 club.You would expect that clubs like Rotherham would insist that SISU follow the exact same guidelines that were imposed on them.
Fisher intimated that the league have given them 3 clubs in the West Midlands to pick from,I can't believe they will deviate from that initial request.Presumbaly that are pretty strict guidelines for what the club needs to provide to the league concerning a new ground.Fisher has consistently said they intend to build a new ground,the league will surely need proper evidence that they have started that process.He maybe able to not give satisfactory answers at the forum,hopefully the league will insist not only on satifactory answers,but real evidence of a new ground being built.Whatever happens I don't believe the League will allow the club to be permantely moved away from the Coventry area,not after all the furore caused by the MK franchise.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

utter rubbish, if sisu want to they can bring over the chinese constructures who can get a stadium up and running in 6 months, its not the construction thats the issue its the local authority giving permission. lets just look at the same scenario with giant tesco supermarkets. they have planning permissions and build ---- everything done in 18 months.

a smaller stadium can go up in no time, look at some examples online. for the sake of argument if you ran a smallish borough council like Nuneaton and Bedworth would you turn down the millions of pounds in business income, in infrastructure, in outside investment? rates? come on think about it...

3 years is being cautious, they could get it all up and dusted with in 18 months if they are serious, and i for one hope they are.
Ah yes the Chinese construction company like the ones that built their high speed rail lines in record time? The same lines that had to be closed because bridges collapsed trains crashed and people died these Chinese construction companies?:facepalm:

T

true sky blue

Ah yes the Chinese construction company like the ones that built their high speed rail lines in record time? The same lines that had to be closed because bridges collapsed trains crashed and people died these Chinese construction companies?:facepalm:

thats not quite true is it, take a look at chinese citys they are full of very good construction. their stadiums go up fast : investigate, i have. they are currently building free railway structures throughout the poorest african countrys in turn for their future investments.

China to build new Malawi stadium

By Frank Kandu
BBC Sport, Blantyre
Malawi's national team will soon have a new home in the capital, Lilongwe.
This follows the government's decision to become the latest footprint of China's so-called stadium diplomacy.
The Chinese have signed an agreement to build a new state-of-the-art national stadium at an estimated cost of US$70m.
Under the terms of the agreement - signed by Malawi Finance Minister Ken Lipenga and Chinese Ambassador Pan Hejun on Tuesday - the Asian nation will provide a concessional loan to be repaid in 20 years.
Continue reading the main story

Malawi needs more sports infrastructure and the stadium to be constructed by the Chinese is just one of them

Enock Chihana
Sports Minister
Construction of the new stadium, with a 40 000 capacity, is expected to last two years.
"Malawi needs more sports infrastructure and the stadium to be constructed by the Chinese is just one of them," said Sports Minister Enock Chihana.
Malawi's two existing stadiums have both been condemned as unfit for purpose by the Confederation of Africa Football and Fifa.
Grounds funded and built by Chinese dollars are a major part of Beijing's so-called stadium diplomacy.
The last three hosts of the African Cup of Nations - Angola, Equatorial Guinea, and Gabon - all had venues built for them by the Chinese.
The Stade de l'Amitié or Friendship Stadium (pictured) - which hosted the dramatic final between Zambia and Ivory Coast - was entirely funded by China.
The shiny, new National Stadium commissioned in Zambia this year was also funded and built by Chinese money.

T

true sky blue

thats £45,374,980 for 40 thousand seater. in 2 years so what can we get from these builders for £45,374,980

stadium_4bd781_f3.jpg

not bad huh!! better than the morgue Ricoh

Last edited by a moderator:
T

true sky blue

take a look at chinese construction ... then think about your remarks

Attachments

• shanghai-contact-1931.jpg
    shanghai-contact-1931.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
  • WUHAN.jpg
    WUHAN.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 19
  • WEIHAI.jpg
    WEIHAI.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Tianjin.jpg
    Tianjin.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 17

Johnnythespider

They are going to build it in a corn field in Iowa, if they build it they will come. Even shoeless Joe Elliott and Dr Gary "moonlight" hoffman.

duffer

thats £45,374,980 for 40 thousand seater. in 2 years so what can we get from these builders for £45,374,980

View attachment 2157

not bad huh!! better than the morgue Ricoh

Lovely. If only we had £45 million to spend, and we could pay wages and suppliers at Malawian rates, and build under Malawian construction regs then that would be spot on.

That's assuming, of course, that we could get planning permission for it. And if we didn't already have a perfectly good stadium. And we could get 40,000, or even half of that to come.

Other than those minor issues, good plan. ;)

Sky Blue Harry H

thats not quite true is it, take a look at chinese citys they are full of very good construction. their stadiums go up fast : investigate, i have. they are currently building free railway structures throughout the poorest african countrys in turn for their future investments.

China to build new Malawi stadium

By Frank Kandu
BBC Sport, Blantyre
Malawi's national team will soon have a new home in the capital, Lilongwe.
This follows the government's decision to become the latest footprint of China's so-called stadium diplomacy.
The Chinese have signed an agreement to build a new state-of-the-art national stadium at an estimated cost of US$70m.
Under the terms of the agreement - signed by Malawi Finance Minister Ken Lipenga and Chinese Ambassador Pan Hejun on Tuesday - the Asian nation will provide a concessional loan to be repaid in 20 years.
Continue reading the main story

Malawi needs more sports infrastructure and the stadium to be constructed by the Chinese is just one of them

Enock Chihana
Sports Minister
Construction of the new stadium, with a 40 000 capacity, is expected to last two years.
"Malawi needs more sports infrastructure and the stadium to be constructed by the Chinese is just one of them," said Sports Minister Enock Chihana.
Malawi's two existing stadiums have both been condemned as unfit for purpose by the Confederation of Africa Football and Fifa.
Grounds funded and built by Chinese dollars are a major part of Beijing's so-called stadium diplomacy.
The last three hosts of the African Cup of Nations - Angola, Equatorial Guinea, and Gabon - all had venues built for them by the Chinese.
The Stade de l'Amitié or Friendship Stadium (pictured) - which hosted the dramatic final between Zambia and Ivory Coast - was entirely funded by China.
The shiny, new National Stadium commissioned in Zambia this year was also funded and built by Chinese money.

My brother is in China overseeing construction of oil rigs (Dalian - where our investors were meant to be from). He says the Chinese workers have 2 speeds - 'slow and stop'
(for sake of balance, until recently I worked with a Chinese girl - work rate put me to shame!):(

Sky Blue Harry H

Sorry to bang on about my brother in China, but his E-Mails have included the fact that half of the city (Dalian) is in squalor and half of the modern buildings that llok great are empty - as no-one can afford to play, sorry live in them. Hmmm :facepalm:

The Reverend Skyblue

For the last time, its not about the stadium, the argument and the protest and the reason it will fail is people won't go to it because SISU will still be the owners of the club and this new stadium, so the club still won't own its own stadium and SISU would have aliented the fanbase

carlh25

Tbh getting to the Ricoh is a nightmare. If the train station was there it would make it so much easier for fans from outside the city and some in the centre to attend. Charging for parking is another con really especially when you have already shelled out like 20 quid for a ticket. Perhaps they should review that to get more fans in.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Wouldnt set foot in them see below:facepalm:
Chinese-rail-crash-007.jpg

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There is only one place that Tims shed could be built not that I think it will be and thats Ryton and if you think Kamikazi Island London Road:facepalm: Also this modular design bollux look at stadium building on the internet they tell you it is more expensive to add to a stadium than build it bigger in the first place why do you think Milton Keynes built that top section with no seats in it. I had a three bedroom detached house built for 90k my mother had an extension on her semi cost 25k then CH and other bits and pieces over 30k. But who am I compared to the genius of Tim and his friends. And when it all goes tits up they can always go to the council or Higgs for a bailout:p

letsallsingtogether

So would a new ground be any better would have nearly all the fans traveling by car as he said it will be near Cov at least some fans live near the Ricoh..
Tbh getting to the Ricoh is a nightmare. If the train station was there it would make it so much easier for fans from outside the city and some in the centre to attend. Charging for parking is another con really especially when you have already shelled out like 20 quid for a ticket. Perhaps they should review that to get more fans in.

sky blue john

Have i missed something ?
Have sisu done a survey and decided to build the new stadium in China because they have the greatest population ?

skyblueinBaku

When I lived in Moscow, I saw a high rise block near the city centre with a plaque on it that said "This building was constructed in record time by the 382nd Shock Building Brigade". It was not a very old building but it was already crumbling, the balconies were sagging and it looked as though a spirit level had not been anywhere near it during it's construction. I would prefer builders to take a little time over their work........

Tank Top

And Don't forget the clothing Factory, which collapsed when somebody sneezed.

wingy

Is this so everybody gets to live on the ground floor.

I hope the guys at the Coalface didn't take all the Stick for this,I mean look its all still in one piece .

The blame on this one is much higher up the Chain ,soil Analysis ......Fail.........Pile Foundations Depth and Circumference .........Fail.

bigfatronssba

There is only one place that Tims shed could be built not that I think it will be and thats Ryton and if you think Kamikazi Island London Road:facepalm: Also this modular design bollux look at stadium building on the internet they tell you it is more expensive to add to a stadium than build it bigger in the first place why do you think Milton Keynes built that top section with no seats in it. I had a three bedroom detached house built for 90k my mother had an extension on her semi cost 25k then CH and other bits and pieces over 30k. But who am I compared to the genius of Tim and his friends. And when it all goes tits up they can always go to the council or Higgs for a bailout:p

Tim said the new ground was nearer town than the Ricoh, which Ryton isn't. Your not suggesting he lied are you? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread