The Next Three Days... (1 Viewer)

ecky

I don't think we should sign anyone, unless we genuinely see them as a long term acquisition. Survival is a lost cause, Slade has let it slip away already. The real problem was Venus holding the reigns too long. I said it at the time, it did not make sense to bring a new manager in on the eve of the transfer window. Slade should have been appointed at the start of December or November.
I don't think it would have mattered when slade came in his style of football is awful
We are where we are because we deserve to be....and yes Fisher is to blame

ecky

With Slade here I am not so sure Stevenson is the type of midfielder we want here at the moment.

If we are to play the long ball game, we need a combative, tough tackling midfielder in the centre of the park and a ball winning, hold the ball up target man.

Best we can hope for I feel is to sell Stevenson for £1.5m and the board say we can have £200,000 of that to bing in two new players.

We do still have those two on trial though don't we. Aren't they a midfielder and a wide player?
You'll be lucky to get £20k off sisu

Otis

You'll be lucky to get £20k off sisu
They don't know me from Adam, so I would be surprised if I even got a penny.

If they're reading this though...

Otis B Driftwood

21 Foster Road
Keresley
Coventry
CV6 2HT

BACS transfer to O B Driftwood, a/c 56745626, sort code, 33 11 33. Lloyd's Bank.

ps I promise to buy a season ticket with the money, even if we go down.

steve82

Me personally I'd chop in most the squad from our last few games very few showing any willingness to role the selves up and graft, they've not the fight for it. We all knew before Xmas but Saturday proved it all.
5/6 players came to applaud the fans led by DKE, clarke and Beavon showing little care by the rest.
Today I'd be circulating Andy Rose, Lee Burge, Bigirimana, Gadzhev, Kyle Reid, JJ and Jordan Turnbull. Try and generate some money to attempt to get someone with a bit of heart desire and ability to fight for the cause and always look likely to make a impression in league 2.
As someone mentioned Oliver Hawkins a big target man scoring well in the conference, better higher league clubs are interested now in him but players like him. I really think we need to shop here with what ever pennies we can generate in the next 24 hours to try and force some business. Players who are used to a battle for 90 mins and not be easily pushed about, also not cup tied if by some luck we get to Wembley and they were in the FA trophy.
Saturday's defeat is a example as to why kids cannot compete, even more so in a dog fight. Vernam played a poor 20yd pass to Haynes what's intercepted, Stevenson Stubbs his toe aparently... leaving a free run in on goal, Burge easily wrong footed.
2nd Burge fails to collect and we're caught out for 2-0.
3rd DKE hooks the ball to Vernam, he thinks it's gone out pulls up for a simple ball to be cut back... 3-0.
The writings on the wall... TF will say the trophy money will be used to cover the FA sanctions and fines... RS will be forced to continue to look at loans and any free he can find.
So X2 more loans in the next 2 days with of business and a free kid as our midfield general is the best we will likely see.

no_loyalty

Steve, nobody will give us money for any of the players you have listed, especially the ones who are out of contract in the summer

Astute

Barrow have just signed a big lump of a striker who has been scoring for fun. Has had a troubled past away from football (not in a bad way) and has got his act together. All he cost was a sell on clause. 6'4" and built like a brick shithouse.

Users who are viewing this thread