The Official JPT home leg tickets sales thread (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

Good Lad, spread the word. Im hearing we are now aproaching 22k and if we have a good weekend sales wise we could hit 25k by end of Monday.

Massive pat on the back to everyone making an effort. Spead the word and keep the faith. :claping hands:

Already passed 22k

Grendel

Wish people would stop calling this big crowd fairweather fans. Were a 3rd division team in the Johnstons paint pot ffs. Anyone who goes to games right now deserves credit.

Leicester, Norwich, leeds, forest and Southampton all averaged 20,000 when they were in Leagie one. Norwich averaged 24,000. That deserves credit.

Grendel

None of the above teams have endured the shite we have for the last 11 years.

What relegation? Yes they have. 3 have been in administration and 3 didn't get back up at the first attempt.

Grendel

I disagree, they may have been relegated, gone into admin, but you think the fans of these teams have had as many lows as us..... Not a chance.

They may have got relegated and gone into admin but not as many lows. Yes ok you're clearly right. In our first season outside the premiership gates were plummeting and the following season were down to 14,000.

BurbageSkyBlues

Leeds are unique, but the other teams have all had promotions or played in the premier league relatively recently.

Their fans have had some good highs, to counteract the lows, which keeps the hopes and interest levels going. We had 35 years of mediocrity, apart from 87, followed by relegation and 11 years more rubbish. In all that time, there has been very little to capture the interest of new supporters, whilst the existing fan base had diminished.

Any success is welcome, it offers an opportunity to capture new young fans, before they attach themselves to bigger clubs. A fan base is not created overnight, it builds, or decays, over decades.

theferret

They may have got relegated and gone into admin but not as many lows. Yes ok you're clearly right. In our first season outside the premiership gates were plummeting and the following season were down to 14,000.

Down to closer to 15K actually, where they bottomed out and started increasing again, and a few years later we were back up to 21,500. All of this against a backdrop of treading water in division 2. Spending 11 years in that league and not troubling the top 6 once is actually quite hard to do, and we lost a lot of fans during that 11 years. I'm not sure what your point is if I'm honest.

The other clubs you mention had big ups and downs in the years proceeding relegation, we hadn't had that. Norwich have been very successful at building their fan base gradually. In the late 90s they averaged below 15K 3 seasons in succession in the Championship, but then they started to get clever and build a community based club - attendances started rising and then they got promoted the Premiership in 2005 and haven't looked back since, and when they went down to the 3rd tier they managed to hold onto those ST holders, and most importantly of all bounced back at the 1st attempt, then got promoted again, and now you can't get a ticket at Carrow Road for trying. Things like that just don't happen to us.

Last edited:

Grendel

My point is unless there is a significant effect on league attendances then this is concerning. In relative terms this is now a successful season yet still league attendances hover around the 10 -11,000 mark. Unless this significantly improves we will always struggle to compete especially now the FFP rules directly relate to turnover and fan numbers.

theferret

My point is unless there is a significant effect on league attendances then this is concerning. In relative terms this is now a successful season yet still league attendances hover around the 10 -11,000 mark. Unless this significantly improves we will always struggle to compete especially now the FFP rules directly relate to turnover and fan numbers.

Our crowds this year are the lowest for 30 years and, and before that you have to go back to 1962 for an average gate similar to what we have now. They have bottomed out - history shows this is basically as low as we can go, and the reason this season are the very poor ST sales. Many people made their minds up last season not to renew because of the whole SISU thing, then we were relegated, so people didn't bother. The position of many on SISU has softened, and we're having a moderately successful season so I'm sure we'll see a significantly increase in ST sales, even if we don't go up.

Your point about competing doesn't really make sense. You only have to compete in the division you are in, and we are currently doing that against teams who get gates sometimes of less than 3000. How are we at a disadvantage being one of the best supported teams in the league? 11K in the championship wouldn't be much good, but we simply wouldn't get that in that league, so its a mute point.

Ashdown1

I think maybe originally they had one eye on keeping block 26 for walk up fans on the night with it being right by that main cash turnstile. At this rate there will no tickets left for walk up anyway !!

Missing this one for business meetings in france so sky blue player in the hotel bar. Gutted but my boss has got me a ticket for the away leg. Both legs should be great atmospheres. Pusb.

shmmeee

So what blocks are open/sold and what's closed/away?

I take it there'll be at least one if not two blocks between us and Crewe, how many have they got?

Could we conceivably sell all the way from block 3 round to 9 or 10?

Last edited:

Grendel

So what blocks are open/sold and what's closed/away?

I take it there'll be at least one if not two blocks between us and Crewe, how many have they got?

Crewe I believe have 1,500 tickets. We don't have to close a whole block and we can I believe sell 30,000 to home fans.

shmmeee

Crewe I believe have 1,500 tickets. We don't have to close a whole block and we can I believe sell 30,000 to home fans.

Thanks. That would be amazing to see pretty much City fans all the way around. Looking more and more like the best atmosphere of any City home game in my City supporting lifetime.

Snozz_is_god

also block 26 has yet to be opened, I think this block was being saved for the walk up, maybe they will have to rethink that policy, if ticket sales continue a pace

Grendel

I think the best we can hope is that they open 10 & 11 with 9 being used for segregation

There was little segregation when we played Chelsea if memory serves me correctly. They will just net off a couple of seat rows.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Getting my tickets today

This reminds me of the MK Dons away where we have a snowball effect, encouraging others to go to the game because of how many we have sold already

Users who are viewing this thread