The SBT have joined forces with the Consortium... (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

The idea behind announcing things now that we have been in discussions with Hoffman et al is that at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) we will be approaching the fans with a proposal of a community share issue as part of a new offer to SISU.
If, as you suggest, there could be a community share issue the implication is the consortium doesn't have the money to see a takeover through on their own. Odd given a few days ago the CT were telling us they had enormous financial backing.

That being the case hopefully it won't be look before we get some meat on the bones and see things such as a business plan, covering off how the club could operate financially, where we would train, where the academy would be based etc.

I imagine if a viable plan is presented a lot of people will be happy to pitch in.

ashbyjan

Do you know how much you are looking to raise? Will this be then used for purchasing the club up front or for ongoing running of the club?

Can the plan the trust had for ownership and shares etc not be altered slightly and used?

It is hard to say how much we would be looking to raise because to date there has been no number given by SISU as to how much they want but realistically how much could the fans raise? In my opinion between £1 and £1.5 million. It would be used for both as necessary. It is the Trust plan that is being adapted with the consortium being what were referred to as the HNWI in the original plan - items up for discussion at present are things like share structure, board structure, mechanism for fan representation etc etc. Obviously it is all pointless as long as Joy remains unwilling to sell and no one seems able to fathom when that might be.

Brylowes

I'm a mid-90s joiner to the sky blue army, so missed that.

I mean I look at similar sized clubs - Norwich, Southampton and Leicester (before Thai billions), they managed to maintain bigger gates even in League one. Granted a number of clubs have us and downs, but any loss of hope our fans seem to desert in droves.

I know we're poor but I've been told you support your team through thick and thin, at this time exceptionally thin
Over the last 20 odd years Norwich have had several promotions some relegations
Loads of playoffs and played in Europe.
Same for Leicester as well as Wembley finals in the league cup.
Southampton many playoffs promotions and relegations, plus owners for the last 10
Years determined to push the club forward.

And that's the difference, they've had many ups and downs creating interest despair
Joy and excitement.
Whilst we have had only downs creating apathy division dread and hopelessness.

rupert_bear

Nothing wrong with the Trust and this consortium joining forces an obvious thing really.
Nick you were asked in an earlier thread do you want sisu to leave, yes or no.
You haven't answered ?

ashbyjan

Fair comment, and I'm on board with the shares issue idea.
I still think that the questionnaire that the trust carried out relating to a shares issue was done on behalf of a third party, (perhaps the consortium), despite a denial from some one fairly senior in the trust, not that I have a problem with that, just an observation.

Hand on heart the questionnaire had sod all to do with the Hoffman consortium, it was planned ages before they bobbed up again. Obviously the results will shape our future direction but discussions with Hoffman et al have only happened recently which is why there is till a lot to be agreed.

covcity4life

Southampton many playoffs promotions and relegations, plus owners for the last 10

And that's the difference, they've had many ups and downs creating interest despair
Joy and excitement.

you would think a cov fan would understand this rather than make out we are a shit fanbase.

shy_tall_knight

Joy and excitement.

What you on about it was only 8 years ago that Kieran Westwood saved a last minute Wolves penalty, we've had plenty of excitement recently.

Nick

Administrator
It is hard to say how much we would be looking to raise because to date there has been no number given by SISU as to how much they want but realistically how much could the fans raise? In my opinion between £1 and £1.5 million. It would be used for both as necessary. It is the Trust plan that is being adapted with the consortium being what were referred to as the HNWI in the original plan - items up for discussion at present are things like share structure, board structure, mechanism for fan representation etc etc. Obviously it is all pointless as long as Joy remains unwilling to sell and no one seems able to fathom when that might be.

Is that money more of a gesture for shares and formalities? Last week Richard Overson was being touted all over the press as selling his business for £208m (I understand he doesn't have £208m burning a whole in his pocket) and now it's a case of trying to raise an extra £1m - £1.5m. Would that be raised for the actual purchase or a safe guard going forward? (ie the investors buy the club and do the takeover but the fans chuck money in for the running of it).

What is it that will take months to sort out?

Nick

Administrator
Nothing wrong with the Trust and this consortium joining forces an obvious thing really.
Nick you were asked in an earlier thread do you want sisu to leave, yes or no.
You haven't answered ?

I said yes, I want new owners to make CCFC better.

Nick

Administrator
Say "I want Sisu out".

I do want SISU out.

I'd love a new owner to come in and sort ccfc out properly. Just because I don't end every post or aimlessly shout it it doesn't mean I don't want CCFC back in the Premier League (or even just run properly). I've written boring essays on here nobody cares about on how I'd want things to be done.

That doesn't mean I will instantly back anybody just because they aren't SISU.

hill83

I do want SISU out.

I'd love a new owner to come in and sort ccfc out properly. Just because I don't end every post or aimlessly shout it it doesn't mean I don't want CCFC back in the Premier League (or even just run properly). I've written boring essays on here nobody cares about on how I'd want things to be done.

That doesn't mean I will instantly back anybody just because they aren't SISU.

Ha, made you say it though.
Now buy a Sisu out t-shirt and post a picture wearing it.

Nick

Administrator
Ha, made you say it though.
Now buy a Sisu out t-shirt and post a picture wearing it.

Completed it.

ive_got_sisu_1_basic_t_shirt-r63a33ee4e7fe47d1bfe0b845287b8d3c_k2123_400.jpg

*Disclaimer, I don't really.

Roger H

Obviously as Jan said, unless SISU agree to sell it's all no more than planning what would happen IF. I think it's good that interested parties are getting together to plan a future for the Club and can agree on the strategy for rebuilding when SISU are finally gone. I believe fans should have an input without actually running the Club, experience and expertise is needed.
The problem is that no leverage exists to force SISU to negotiate. Joy has not specifically stated that the Club is not for sale, but what happens if she decides to remain holed up in the SISU bunker and say nothing. What is the consortium's plan then ? Do they have a time limit, and if they hear nothing pack up and go home or make a renewed offer ? Obviously events like the outcome of JR2 in July and the stadium situation may change things but nobody knows for sure.
Think, as always, we are here for the duration.

Nick

Administrator
Obviously as Jan said, unless SISU agree to sell it's all no more than planning what would happen IF. I think it's good that interested parties are getting together to plan a future for the Club and can agree on the strategy for rebuilding when SISU are finally gone. I believe fans should have an input without actually running the Club, experience and expertise is needed.
The problem is that no leverage exists to force SISU to negotiate. Joy has not specifically stated that the Club is not for sale, but what happens if she decides to remain holed up in the SISU bunker and say nothing. What is the consortium's plan then ? Do they have a time limit, and if they hear nothing pack up and go home or make a renewed offer ? Obviously events like the outcome of JR2 in July and the stadium situation may change things but nobody knows for sure.
Think, as always, we are here for the duration.

It would be good if there were shares purchased with no takeover something community based could be built. That's by no means saying give all the money to SISU or do something for them but CCFC will need a training ground / academy location way after SISU have gone.

Would it be possible for a third party / charity to build something with the academy / training ground / supporters bar?

Obviously CCFC would have to pay the going rate to use it but no reason why it couldn't be another Higgs type place but the condition of it is there to help CCFC and the community (not SISU). Then when SISU do go and a takeover happens of sorts there is some infrastructure in place already and it is 100% locked down so it is there for CCFC.

Just a random idea, so probably loads of things preventing it.

Captain Dart

Would it be possible for a third party / charity to build something with the academy / training ground / supporters bar?
You mean like the Higgs Centre at Allard Way? Already been done, cost charity £10M.

Nick

Administrator
You mean like the Higgs Centre at Allard Way? Already been done, cost charity £10M.

Not the Wasps one, no.

I meant more of one where it is CCFC based, owned and run by CCFC fans. It could be a community hub for CCFC fans as well, SBITC , birthday parties.

One where it would be for CCFC's benefit and not SISU's or whoever else owned us, sort of like a stadium could have been. One where if a London Rugby team came sniffing they would have been laughed at.

Not trying to take it off topic, but would be good if the fans could somehow fan fund that. Not a case of "building something for SISU" but more for the fans and CCFC, they will be here long after and were long before.

Plus, it could have a bar with decent beer and everything! I'll go back to daydreaming of strikers at HR.

Roger H

Think these are good ideas, both from the practical side and also to re-inforce the message to SISU that the forces are ranged against them, and are deadly serious in their intentions. Probably have no effect other than to slightly increase the pressure. If the JR fails again it further reduces SISU's options, who knows, the stadium situation next year may be decisive.

Nick

Administrator
Think these are good ideas, both from the practical side and also to re-inforce the message to SISU that the forces are ranged against them, and are deadly serious in their intentions. Probably have no effect other than to slightly increase the pressure. If the JR fails again it further reduces SISU's options, who knows, the stadium situation next year may be decisive.

Yes but all SISU will do is write down the message about the forces being ranged against them and give it to the FL. Same as the last time it was tried with Haskell.

It opens up more freedom for them if anything in terms of ccfc and takes the heat off in the fl eyes.

It could still backfire.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Not the Wasps one, no.

I meant more of one where it is CCFC based, owned and run by CCFC fans. It could be a community hub for CCFC fans as well, SBITC , birthday parties.

One where it would be for CCFC's benefit and not SISU's or whoever else owned us, sort of like a stadium could have been. One where if a London Rugby team came sniffing they would have been laughed at.

Not trying to take it off topic, but would be good if the fans could somehow fan fund that. Not a case of "building something for SISU" but more for the fans and CCFC, they will be here long after and were long before.

Plus, it could have a bar with decent beer and everything! I'll go back to daydreaming of strikers at HR.

The venue is not owned by Wasps, but by CSF, it has a bar though the beer is piss.
In reality the only bar that would work is one next to the ground, SISU don't know where they'll be playing in a year so they won't be opening one any time soon.

Roger H

I think that's why it was good when Wasps said publicly that they were prepared to negotiate a further deal for the Ricoh, goes some way to preventing SISU from claiming to the FL that they are being evicted, simply because Joy or Timmy can't be bothered to pick up the phone.

Nick

Administrator
The venue is not owned by Wasps, but by CSF, it has a bar though the beer is piss.
In reality the only bar that would work is one next to the ground, SISU don't know where they'll be playing in a year so they won't be opening one any time soon.
I know it has a bar, I've been there plenty of times.

I mean something where everything was ccfc based that would be actual community protected asset.

We would need to do that if fan owned and would mean infrastructure is there.

Something away from agendas, away from politics but also helping for the future no matter who owns ccfc.

It's just a random idea!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Joy and excitement.
Granted Norwich and Leicester, however down to league 1-Southampton followed a similar path to us. They spent 27 years in the prem, with relegation battles. The Rupert Lowe years nearly bankrupted them.

Their fans didn't desert In the club's time of need. We had 27k against Gillingham and 11k against Yeovil. NOPM was supposed to bring CCFC home. When that happened NOPM changed its goal

covcity4life

Granted Norwich and Leicester, however down to league 1-Southampton followed a similar path to us. They spent 27 years in the prem, with relegation battles. The Rupert Lowe years nearly bankrupted them.

Their fans didn't desert In the club's time of need. We had 27k against Gillingham and 11k against Yeovil. NOPM was supposed to bring CCFC home. When that happened NOPM changed its goal

some think that boycotting games is helping the club in the long run. they want sisu out. no intention of going till they are gone.

Nick

Administrator
its a shame that for something nice to be done for ccfc it has to be on the fans and not the owners.

Well yes, there is that and I know it should be.

I am just thinking past the owners and in a situation where if for example if we had a stadium with that sort of setup and an infrastructure we might be in a better place.

One away from owners where the legal bods can put in clauses so they are there to benefit CCFC and not owners, whoever they are.

Hard to explain, but a bit like how chelsea fans own the pitch (I think).

I'd be more than happy to start throwing money in for things like this and do think it would help with CCFC's stability. Hopefully there will be plans maybe like this in the takeover plans if they are offering Ryton up.

Brylowes

The pub on the corner behind the SBS at HIghfield Road, I forget what it was called
Before but it became the Sky Blue Tavern and I believe' only opened on match days.
Who owned that?

Nick

Administrator
What do you mean standard response. I've given three options at start. What else is there to be said?

Because as soon as anybody mentions the trust the standard responses are the same. So much so it was called in advance what a reply would be.

"If you don't like it then go and run for the board" is the wrong approach, in fairness to Jan he has come on and posted which I think is a better way to go about it. The more fans that are convinced the more will be on board.

Fergusons_Beard

The Trust has never championed or supported NOPM - we have said time and time again that it is up to the individual to decide. The idea behind announcing things now that we have been in discussions with Hoffman et al is that at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) we will be approaching the fans with a proposal of a community share issue as part of a new offer to SISU. We didnt want it to suddenly come out of the blue and hopefully there may be some other high net worth individuals who might see that the consortium and the fans (well those who don't mind being represented by the Trust) are working together on a deal and might be of a mind to join in. There are a few issues to discuss and agree with the consortium but nothing drastic before we can launch the community share issue. The idea is NOT that the Trust will somehow rally the fans into storming SISU towers and force Joy to sign over the club but more to show that the potential new owners want to truly involve the fans following a similar ownership model to the Portsmouth one.

This isn't going to happen overnight and this is just the first step towards a joint bid but as Lao Tzu said "a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step".

So why do the trust need to be involved in issuing 'community shares'.

Why can't the consortium just put out a press release saying that's the way they're going?

Or are the 'community shares' not going towards a buy out and are just to bolster the trusts 'fund' in helping out the consortium bid?

People on here slag off SISU for non communication with fans this consortium a pretty tight lipped!!!

PUSB SOTV IMCH NOAM (Not One Acronym More)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Well yes, there is that and I know it should be.

I am just thinking past the owners and in a situation where if for example if we had a stadium with that sort of setup and an infrastructure we might be in a better place.

One away from owners where the legal bods can put in clauses so they are there to benefit CCFC and not owners, whoever they are.
This! I'm heartened by the trust mentioning us playing in the city of coventry rather than specifically the Ricoh.

The club needs to control its own destiny

Skybluesince82

IMHO fan involvement is a nightmare. I know someone involved with Portsmouth and that is an absolute shambles and mess at the moment with a wealthy local man wanting to buy a load of shares but some fans involved not wanting to sell because they'll lose their ego trip-position. There is all sorts of skullduggery going on there with people protecting their own interests. Very similar to the old boy network at the FA. They won't vote for change as they have a vested interest.
FC United is another example where bickering and infighting is the order of the day and I've been involved myself at non-league level where fans involvement causes nothing but friction, unrest and fighting.
I have no axe to grind whatsoever with the SBT and I am sure they believe they are acting on behalf of the majority, but they aren't acting on my behalf and I don't want them speaking for me.

Users who are viewing this thread