The Time For Mere Words Is Over (3 Viewers)

Otis

There was a ST holding poster on here a couple of days ago who came up with what I thought
Was an excellent idea, as like you say Otis that ship has sailed this season Re: STs.
He was suggesting the trust word an open letter to SISU on behalf of all ST holders
Informing them that the current ST holders who have signed the letter will definitely
not be renewing next season. If there's 5000 ST holders and 3500 sign, it will leave
Them with no illusions as to what they can expect next season.

The CT petition has spurred a fresh determination and will to rid our club of the disease
That has infected every part of if, it's very important that the pressure keeps being
Applied in anyway possible.IMHO
That would work I think, Brylowes.

If hardly anyone was going to renew their season ticket I do think that would have an impact.

We can argue all day whether it should or shouldn't get nasty, but I think signs are all there that it will and in the not too distant future. Would much prefer this route than shitbombs through letterboxes and death threats.

I have enough of those to contend with on a personal level without having to have to deal with it on Sky Blue global one.

I thought mums were always supposed to love their sons. :(

Nick

Administrator
I've given plenty of ideas in the past, but the gaggle of nonsense means they're not listened to or taken up.

Now tbh I don't really give a fuck if they are, the whole point is give ideas and see what happens - it's not liuke it's personal if people don't bother to take on my cunning plans.

But... it's got to be active not passive if you want a protest that gains attention. It's got to be things that show positivity rather than apathy.

We can all do apathy perfectly easily without the need to formalise it.

What I tried to say but put better.

You aren't shouting "SISU OUT", "WHEREZ THE MONEY NOPM" every 2 or 3 minutes and trying to whip people up. I even saw people calling each other "troops" yesterday.

ajsccfc

I'm finding it hard to get worked up or angry about any of it now, I'm in the complete disillusionment side of the spectrum. I'm not renewing next season under the current climate and I'd ideally like to offload the rest of the season ticket I've already paid for, as i actually dread the prospect of a home game on the horizon. The whole thing's just poison.

Otis

I'm finding it hard to get worked up or angry about any of it now, I'm in the complete disillusionment side of the spectrum. I'm not renewing next season under the current climate and I'd ideally like to offload the rest of the season ticket I've already paid for, as i actually dread the prospect of a home game on the horizon. The whole thing's just poison.
I go but am not half as motivated as I used to be. :(

Used to be the main focus of my weekend.

Moff

To be honest do we have to rally the troops that much in order to act, as SISU have done most the work for us.

9 years of crap, numerous managers come and gone, awful squad, no money, no ground, no assets, bottom of league one and worst start to a season in over a 100 years.

Attendances are already rock bottom, the walk up fans aren't coming and even season ticket holders are missing games. If this carries on there will be less than the Northampton crowds next season. SISU have to go, and due to their absolutely crap business sense are now doing the exact thing to force themselves out, by starving themselves of revenue.

I believe (hope) that this season is the tipping point, and they will be gone.

Nick

Administrator
unfortunately i can only see a liquidation as the end game and i think its nearer than most fans realise

Then if that is the case, what's the plan?

People shouting to starve the club of money, what's the actual plan if that happens?

D

Deleted member 2477

unfortunately i can only see a liquidation as the end game and i think its nearer than most fans realise

Yep i think your right hence the proposed sale of the training ground and no explination from the owners or the future plan

Gosford Green

Think you are a little bit obsessed mate, have a day off.

It is the same stuff, where is the Maddison money and the wage budget.

People are going ape shit about the budget while they shout about NOPM. You couldn't make it up. Mowbray has said himself he was shooting too high, that's a problem with the players he was looking at rather than the budget. The budget is by no means top 6, but it is nowhere near bottom of the league where we are now.

Mowbray also said if there was a difference in the budget it wasn't noticeable didn't he? Why would he make that up? It just makes him look clueless.

People are just trying their hardest it seems to get each other wound up.

Will this site be here when SISU have gone ?

trevelfarandwide

How long have people been saying about the Maddison money and how many times has it been discussed on here? Venus has also alluded to it a few times.

The budget, how often has that been discussed?

Again, it just looks like it is people trying to get each other wound up and angry, what is that going to fix or achieve? Don't try and patronise me about what I should and shouldn't be doing because I don't get angry on demand because you throw some questions out, that you probably couldn't give a shit what the answers are anyway it is just the latest buzz words.

Pardon? Who's patronising you, for Christ's sake?

God almighty...

Fair enough, don't insult my intelligence by suggesting this is a knee-jerk flashpoint. Sit on your fence, Nick, keep spinning everyone's posts to make them appear vacuous and meaningless, you can sit idly by and watch your club be picked apart piece by piece, and ignore the indignity that is felt by your fans-in-arms.

My point is missed, only by you it seems. I am attempting to rally like-minded fans into an aggressive, pronounced protest campaign. I will participate in this campaign, and do what I can to spread the word and get people onside.

If you wish to keep spinning and answering questions with questions, that's your prerogative. I, for one, have seen and felt enough, thanks very much.

NorthernWisdom

Nick

Administrator
Pardon? Who's patronising you, for Christ's sake?

God almighty...

Fair enough, don't insult my intelligence by suggesting this is a knee-jerk flashpoint. Sit on your fence, Nick, keep spinning everyone's posts to make them appear vacuous and meaningless, you can sit idly by and watch your club be picked apart piece by piece, and ignore the indignity that is felt by your fans-in-arms.

My point is missed, only by you it seems. I am attempting to rally like-minded fans into an aggressive, pronounced protest campaign. I will participate in this campaign, and do what I can to spread the word and get people onside.

If you wish to keep spinning and answering questions with questions, that's your prerogative. I, for one, have seen and felt enough, thanks very much.

Not really, because I said the post was just to get people angry and wound up rather than actually get answers which you confirmed by saying you were just trying to rally them.

You don't give a shit what the answers to those questions are, you were just using them to try and get people worked up. The same as the thread about SISU's address was.

blueflint

Then if that is the case, what's the plan?

People shouting to starve the club of money, what's the actual plan if that happens?
i wish we had a plan i'm convinced SISU have one and it doesn't include football

italiahorse

The Maddison money (which I suspect is not as much as people think up front) was used to partly pay a loan which was made last season and the rest will fund the club in the future.

Yes, it was used to prop up a failing business. I guess it's already run out.

Moff

I think the club needs to fold to get rid of Sisu.
It will happen very slowly anyhow with Sisu's 'Death by a thousand cuts', so lets make it quick.

As I said to you before, personally I would just prefer SISU gone if its ok with you, and the club still active, and alive and in the league.

You have as much idea of their future plans as I do, so don't be in a rush to fold the club.

NorthernWisdom

i wish we had a plan i'm convinced SISU have one and it doesn't include football

This is kind of the point I'm trying to drive at you know.

Any deprivation of money going towards the club has to be aware of what consequences there might be, and the level it needs to be at to make those consequences happen.

There is, as I put in another thread, a valid approach that if the club is doomed anyway, it might be worth just trying to hasten it along.

But... let's be up front about that as the consequence, rather than naive thoughts that SISU will automatically do whatever fans want because they don't get cash. With the ticketing issues the past couple of years, a move to Northampton, and the general shiteness... SISU are more NOPM than anyone aren't they, as they seem determined to make sure it's as hard as possible to give the club your cash!

letsallsingtogether

Heres a song for Joy. Good old working class tune.....
"I'm a City fan I'm proud of what I am and I say what I think that Seppala Stinks cos I'm a City Fan
When we meet at the football, I be shouting with them all with a hell of a shout it's Sisu Out cos I'm a City Fan"

"Stinks" is a bit mild but couldn't think of a better that ryhmes any suggestions?

Last edited:

stupot07

So we sit back and do nothing then and let sisu sell anything left, build on the training ground and re locate to the mamorial park in 18 months.

If you really agree that sisu are bad news then whats your plan nick and nw to get rid instead of knocking everyone els

I've given plenty of ideas in the past, but the gaggle of nonsense means they're not listened to or taken up.

Now tbh I don't really give a fuck if they are, the whole point is give ideas and see what happens - it's not liuke it's personal if people don't bother to take on my cunning plans.

But... it's got to be active not passive if you want a protest that gains attention. It's got to be things that show positivity rather than apathy.

We can all do apathy perfectly easily without the need to formalise it.
Agreed.

Plus we aren't doing nothing, we've signed the petition, we are chanting sisu out. What we need is someone to take forward tbr petition and try and get some answers. On top of that we can come up with loads of active ways of protesting (the march and even ribbons were great examples of this).

NOPM is too late now for this season. I can't see the boycott on the 22nd working either..

Otis is right if we boycott it needs to be a cup game.

Plus like you say, what is the plan afterwards?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Heres a song for Joy. Good old working class tune.....
"I'm a City fan I'm proud of what I am and I say what I think that Seppala Stinks cos I'm a City Fan
When we meet at the football, I be shouting with them all with a hell of a shout it's Sisu Out cos I'm a it Fan"

"Stinks" is a bit mild but couldn't think of a better that ryhmes any suggestions?

What you really need is you and BHSB on the X factor dancing with whistles with it to get publicity :)

It sounds like a joke, but it might make it onto the funny bits.

Moff

And this is at least being up front about it. I'll 'like' the post because let's at least have the open chat about this, rather than hiding behind fudges and idealised what-ifs.

But none of us know what their plans are? Cash seems to be king, so in the absence of anything else working lets see if draining them will make a difference?
I know you used Accrington as an example to say less budget may not drive them out, but I would counter that Accrington are probably not owned by a Hedge Fund who need a return on their investment, and are probably owned by someone who cares about the club and is also propping it up, unlike SISU.

If its all the same, I don't want the club to fold, and will stick with my belief that SISU will go, rather than the Club ceasing to exist.

Nick

Administrator
Agreed.

Plus we aren't doing nothing, we've signed the petition, we are chanting sisu out. What we need is someone to take forward tbr petition and try and get some answers. On top of that we can come up with loads of active ways of protesting (the march and even ribbons were great examples of this).

NOPM is too late now for this season. I can't see the boycott on the 22nd working either..

Otis is right if we boycott it needs to be a cup game.

Plus like you say, what is the plan afterwards?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's the same with threatening to Boycott club merchandise, everybody has bought their shirts already. That is effective on launch days when nobody buys one, until somebody is seen wearing one and gets abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread