The Worst of the Worst (2 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Chris Dunn? I am a fan of RCC, give him a run of games and he will cement his spot. Although saying that I wouldnt mind him centre mid either!

Yes Chris Dunn in the first leg v Crewe....shocking.

PUSB

steve82

Anybody know what Burge's win % is compared to RCC?

Don't know there win percentage but can help with this...
Lee Burge
16/17 League games: 21 games 34 conceded 4 clean sheets at 19% clean sheet ratio.
16/17 all competitions: 26 games 41 games 4 clean sheets
Ccfc Career: 58 games 78 conceded 14 clean sheets

Reece Charles-Cook
16/17 league games: 14 games 20 conceded 3 clean sheets at 21.4% clean sheet ratio.
16/17 all competitions: 21 games 32 conceded 5 clean sheets.
Ccfc career: 60 games 72 conceded 19 clean sheets.

RCC shades it as the better of the two on clean sheets

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I guess I must be older than most people on here. How can we have got this far into discussing CCFC's worst goalkeepers without a single mention of the hapless Eric McManus? He was the one who let in 6 in Munich, playing for the first 20 minutes like he was blindfolded. He had other memorable moments, his speciality being letting the ball trickle between his legs into the net. His handling was as if he was wearing greasy boxing gloves.
Yes remember that game , although I didn't go to Munich .
Eric McManus only played because Bill Glazier fell ill just before the game , we will never know what the score would have been if Bill Glazier had played in goal that night .

Because in the second leg at Highfield road with Bill Glazier in goal the Sky Blues beat Bayern Munich 2-1 :happy:

SkyBlue_Bear83

To be honest I always laugh when someone says "that is the worst Coventry city player in that position I've ever seen"

Tbf we get worse every season so it's no surprise people say this is the worse players they have seen, every year is a new low point in our history.

In 5 years time we will probably be playing in the conference north with some part time builder at striker and will be saying this striker is the worse we have ever seen, not fit to lace tudgays boots etc.

SkyBlueSid

Eric McManus only played because Bill Glazier fell ill just before the game , we will never know what the score would have been if Bill Glazier had played in goal that night .

Because in the second leg at Highfield road with Bill Glazier in goal the Sky Blues beat Bayern Munich 2-1 :happy:
I remember speaking to Bill Glazier a few years later about it when we were staying in his hotel. He was actually injured rather than ill, and watched from the stand in Munich. As he tells it, he said he could have done better on one leg and saved four of them.

Through its history the club has traditionally had decent goalkeepers, which is why McManus stuck out like a sore thumb. But that seems to have gone out of the window in recent years and we have lurched from one clown to another. Just another sign of the times, I suppose.

stevefloyd

Yes I was there I think I was about 13... used to catch the bus on my own from Nuneaton and go and watch them... Gerd Mulluer scored there goal and was a right mardy arse because we were beating them ... happy memories

stevefloyd

I remember speaking to Bill Glazier a few years later about it when we were staying in his hotel. He was actually injured rather than ill, and watched from the stand in Munich. As he tells it, he said he could have done better on one leg and saved four of them.

Through its history the club has traditionally had decent goalkeepers, which is why McManus stuck out like a sore thumb. But that seems to have gone out of the window in recent years and we have lurched from one clown to another. Just another sign of the times, I suppose.
Love this Sid... have a like

SkyBlueRuffian

To be honest I always laugh when someone says "that is the worst Coventry city player in that position I've ever seen"

We had it the other day. Tudgay - the worst striker - oddly the poster admitted to seeing John Gayle. They cannot have seen the dying embers of Bob Latchford, the curious Graham Withey or the Greek beach bum Tommy Langley whose sprinting prowess made Yakubu look like Bolt on a very good day.

The point is comparisons normally are pointless as there are hundreds of worse examples from the archives.

However, as I sat watching the ensuing car crash on Saturday I did genuinely think as a regular first choice Lee Burge has to be the worst goalkeeper. Yes the inevitable Italian will be mentioned but I'd wager hardly anyone saw his game (I did ironically) and it's one game. There was the French guy and the Danish one and Scott shearer but I can't recall the depths I see this guy sink to.

The tennis ball game he looked like he'd been hit by one as he staggered around the 6 yard box. The first goal on Saturday I thought the poor chap had contracted St Vitus dance. Then he seemed to have concrete boots as he lumbered out to not claim a ball that was 80 20 his to get.

Yet when Mowbray first arrived he never addressed the most important position in the team - he started as his number one.

Lee Burge enters my hall of fame as the worst of the worst. Yet no one has done anything about it at the club.
So does that make RCC the second worst?

Users who are viewing this thread