Things that annoy you (14 Viewers)

Monners

Ravensthorpe is a village to the north of town, Wilton is on the way do Daventry. Sure you don't mean Acre Lane and Obelisk rise?

trevelfarandwide

More annoyances on the roads - pricks in Land Rover's, the retro variety, who seem to be reluctant to budge an inch off the narrow, one-car mountain road that shaves 20 minutes off my journey home. I have a Focus, it is not designed to dive into ditches just so that some fucking farmer can avoid getting mud on his tyres which, incidentally, are about 3 feet in height.

"You want ME to move?!?! REALLY?!? Let's be realistic, farmer piles..."

Nick

Administrator
My daughter keeps saying "epic" like youtubers do.

Have to keep telling her to wind it in.

Sick Boy

Some little scrote said 'that's peak' to me the other day. No idea what it meant but it made me dislike him even more.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Overheard a 15 year old white boy in Asda just now on the phone "Yo fam what munch do ya want!? (Person on the end replying and kid was mumbling something.)
"Yeah Bruv come down me endz at 2:30 to mi yard, safe, laters"

In a West Indian accent.

Worrying I know that translates to
"Hi friend, what delicious snacks would you like to pick up for later, say 2:30 come to my parents house & we'll catch up".

Otis

Overheard a 15 year old white boy in Asda just now on the phone "Yo fam what munch do ya want!? (Person on the end replying and kid was mumbling something.)

In a West Indian accent.

"Hi friend, what delicious snacks would you like to pick up for later, say 2:30 come to my parents house & we'll catch up".
Interesting that.

I was in Waitrose in Kenilworth a couple of days ago and it was exactly the same conversation, except this boy said 'What-oh! What sustenance would you care to partake of?'

The other boy the other end made some high pitch whining noises in response and then the first boy said 'Righto, have your chauffeur drop you at the end of our drive at thirty minutes past the hour of two and I will get my butler to come and collect you. Toodle-oo.'

trevelfarandwide

In a West Indian accent.

On my last day in Coventry as a resident, some 5-ish years ago, I heard something similar in Tesco from a similarly racial lad of about 15 or 16. He ended the conversation with: ''Yeah ballbag, be der in 60 innit, see yaz in a bitch.''

Y'know that urge you get to violently educate the yoof, with diagrams and pie-charts and possibly a stern shoeing to cap it off? No? Oh ok...

oakey

I'm a teacher and if they start any of that on me I smile, shrug and say
"If you're talking to me you're going to have to use English not gibberish."
It usually provokes an interesting discussion on the meaning of gibberish and if they have a big enough attention span the importance of slang being used only in the correct context.
Never surrender to the mob.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The sky sports love in for Paul Merson

People who put on their Facebook profile "works as full time mum or dad" I'm not saying being a parents isn't hard but loads of us are parents and work full time too

Nick

Administrator
An absolute bunch of twats today, walking round on the phone with it on speaker phone holding it by their mouth.

About 4 or 5 in Tesco doing it, why?

Sky_Blue_Daz

An absolute bunch of twats today, walking round on the phone with it on speaker phone holding it by their mouth.

About 4 or 5 in Tesco doing it, why?
And when they play their music but don't wear headphones
Can I add to that Apples headphones are shocking too

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sunday nightshifts

Well to be fair nightshifts in general but the money is way bettter

Liquid Gold

The sky sports love in for Paul Merson

People who put on their Facebook profile "works as full time mum or dad" I'm not saying being a parents isn't hard but loads of us are parents and work full time too

Worse than that is works at: top lad or studied at: school of hard knocks

SBAndy

And when they play their music but don't wear headphones
Can I add to that Apples headphones are shocking too

On the contrary, I think Apple's headphones are quite good. Although their new wireless offerings are ridiculous - almost makes you wonder whether they've got some other headphones they need to flog....

oakey

People who live on Facebook.
You can tell who they are because they can't understand anyone who, like me, are not on it and never want to be.
They also talk about people online as if they are real when they are spectres, profiles, virtual people.
I have never felt I was missing anything. I think of it more as being spared not missing out.

Otis

People who live on Facebook.
You can tell who they are because they can't understand anyone who, like me, are not on it and never want to be.
They also talk about people online as if they are real when they are spectres, profiles, virtual people.
I have never felt I was missing anything. I think of it more as being spared not missing out.
I get that a lot.

My daughter is in a number of drama groups and I often get angry quips when I don't know about something happening and it's usually 'Well it was on Facebook!'

I don't do Facebook.

I still get friend requests even though it is abundantly clear that I haven't posted anything at all on Facebook for a number of years.

I try to keep off Twitter and FB. SBT is the only online social interaction I have.

Otis

Luckily when I posted that I checked it over and spotted that I hadn't put 'online.'

That would have made me even sadder if that's possible.

skyblue1991

Service charges when you buy tickets
Additional £15 on tickets to see Robbie Williams for the good lady's birthday
pbLqP6H.jpg

olderskyblue

When you go to an exhibition at the NEC etc, and people have those pop up trolley's, and then proceed to drag them over your feet while they cut across the gangway, and leave them sticking out into the aisle while they have a nosey at a stall, and then push them over your feet as they "reverse" out... There should be a "driving" test for them..

(apologies if this ones been done, haven't read them all..)

Covstu

I get that a lot.

My daughter is in a number of drama groups and I often get angry quips when I don't know about something happening and it's usually 'Well it was on Facebook!'

I don't do Facebook.

I still get friend requests even though it is abundantly clear that I haven't posted anything at all on Facebook for a number of years.

I try to keep off Twitter and FB. SBT is the only online social interaction I have.
I use Facebook but really just to take the piss out of people generally.

What I do hate is the rush to Facebook when someone famous dies or something tragic happens. It just seems to be a competition to see who is the most sad.

Users who are viewing this thread